[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else trying to figure out why d thomas is not getting it done

isleseeya

I think the good teams who are smart try to get away with the most basic plays if they work and move the chains. They don't want to give away their go-to-plays unless they have to. Why put the "money" plays on film for other teams to study? Demaryius is an elite playmaker and the most explosive weapon on the Broncos but if Peyton can get away with dining/dunking with Welker and Decker, mixed with some 5 yard runs, he's going to do it all day. Demaryius, much like other stud WRs, will get his when it's crunch time. Calvin has the same MO. Again, I think this is more common than not. Late 2nd quarter and 4th quarter is where the stars show up, usually.

the emergence of Julius Thomas and also Moreno surprisingly being a big part of the offense to go along with sharing with Welker and Decker.....there's just too many weapons in Denver. That's it. Thomas will have some monster games and then some 40-60 yd quiet ones. Too bad he's not on New England or San Francisco.

Sorry hit enter too fast. Is it manning not looking his way , too many weapons so he is down on opportunities or is it on demaryius ?

Dude, cmon...Thomas is a top 10, if not top 5 fantasy WR. He will continue to be the best option to own on the Broncos. I realize you posted this early but he went for almost 20 points tonight. If you expected him to score 30+ points every game and/or expected him to be the highest scoring Denver WR at every point of every game than that is on you.

Edited by Bobby Brown

It is weird how Thomas has scored all his points in the 2nd half this season.

I think this is because every team doubles him until they go in at halftime and realize that welker, decker, and julius are ripping them a new one. When they come out in a more balanced coverage it gives demaryius more opportunities.

Last night was more because the broncos were down and needed to throw deeper routes to their most explosive player.

I think this is because every team doubles him until they go in at halftime and realize that welker, decker, and julius are ripping them a new one. When they come out in a more balanced coverage it gives demaryius more opportunities.

Last night was more because the broncos were down and needed to throw deeper routes to their most explosive player.

This. And just because somebody asks before the player blows up doesn't make them wrong for saying anything or mean that they think he'll always have the most points on his team.

Most stud WR on a team are not shut down for a quarter or half. Seemed like DThomas was not even out there, all the passes going to Decker, JThomas and even Welker. The improved running game will also mean less passing.