[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2nd favorite team

Randall

I never thought of having a 2nd favorite team. There are teams I hate (eagles) and teams I dont really care about. If the Cowboys were no longer a team and removed from the NFL I could probably see myself rooting for someone like the Bears. It would definitely be an NFC team. Im a Cowboys fan through all the good and bad. I have liked them since the early 70s when I was about 6-7 years old. I have seen the glory years and suffered through mediocrity which is where we have been for over 10 years now

Mine is the Seahawks because I lived out there when the other Curt Warner played for coach Chuck Knox. With so many Packers hurt and the Packer game not on here much of the time have been rooting for them lately.

Anyone else? What are your favorite teams?

How convenient :lol: Whats with you Packers fans and your 2nd favorite teams ?

Tie between New Orleans and Lions( although schwartz has somewhat diminished the love a little bit the last few years). Huge Drew Brees fan loved when he went to N.O. And S.D. Let him walk. Was hoping he would make them pay for their mistake and he has delivered as he has turned that franchise into a known winner now! So today will be hard for me as I don't root against N.O. Unless they play the Niners. And that day is today...

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

To be honest playing fantasy football for over 2 decades I have because more of a player fan than a team fan

Thats the reason I tried to stay away from fantasy this year, wanted to see how it made my enjoyment of games better. That didnt work out well though because I joined 2 leagues because of the spring withdrawal.

Somehow grew up a Broncos/Elway fan on the west side of Michigan, and to this day the Broncos are my #1 team. The Lions are my #2 for sure though.

Thats similar to me. I've lived in VA all my life but could never get on board with the skins. My earliest memory of football is watching Elway take out the Browns with the drive, which instantly made him my favorite player and the Broncos my favorite team.

Saints. Wife's from Louisiana and it's easy to root for Drew Brees (hell, named my son Drew partially after the guy) and after Katrina, the team has been an awesome story.

Don't bring the Wife's into it or I would have to be a NE fan being that she is 1st cousins with Tom , his mother and my mother-in-law are sisters ,,, Man do I catch crappola when I'm playing against Brady in FF and I get excited when he throws in complete

Ever since my man-crush on Garrison Hearst, my allegiances have gone where ever my UGA players have gone, not to the team, but for those players to succeed.... Well hell, with how pathetic the Falcons used to be (and are again), I might have even rooted for the 49ers more, even though they were the division rival that always stomped us.

Following that tradition, I root for:

Lions - Stafford, Calvin and Durham (FYI, Tech fans consider UGA their rival, but they're like #5 on our list of rivalries, so I root for the hometown guys. Plus Calvin is sick)

Bengals - AJ Green and Geno Atkins (I wish Pollack's career hadn't ended, because he was my favorite Dawg ever)

Chiefs - Justin Houston (also love me some Jamaal Charles)

Don't bring the Wife's into it or I would have to be a NE fan being that she is 1st cousins with Tom , his mother and my mother-in-law are sisters ,,, Man do I catch crappola when I'm playing against Brady in FF and I get excited when he throws in complete

Ah, nice... makes sense with the Bay Area connection! San Jose if I recall....

But I gotta go with the Saints... got married in New Orleans and love everything about the city, went to their practice facility, etc. etc... and the Drew Brees thing is just the icing on top.

Packers fan from 96-98 while the Browns were gone. Also a bit of a Lions fan (Calvin owner and my brother lives there now and is becoming a fan).

Cleveland Browns , Baltimore Ravens , Baltimore Colts , Indianapolis Colts ,,, all that jumping around ?

man the Riaders make one move to LA and fans went crazy , you guys must of been just dizzy

+1 to whoever Dallas is playing. Fun to see Jerry Jones with his pouty face :)

I really don't have a SET 2nd favorite team, I kind of like the colts, panthers, and seahawks. I probably like the seahawks most out of those 3.

Solid Bears fan, but had a soft spot for the Oilers due to a move to Houston as a kid, and seeing Earl Campbell live. That carried over to their move to Tennessee, but once Fisher left that finally cut the cord to any interest I had further in that team.

So at this point, no, except for whomever plays a divisional opponent.

Moved to AZ from CA in '04, so I guess Cards #2. :bag:

Was a lifelong #1 Rams fan until Georgia moved them to St Louis.....became a diehard Broncos fan in '95, as my wife's family are from Colorado (also an Elway fan and I hate the Raiders!). Go Broncos!

Since moving to CO over two decades ago, I've come to appreciate the Cardinals :bag: Chargers :bag::bag:

Needless to say, I'm a bit of a masochist.

So two teams from AZ and CA and not the Broncos who play in CO?

Just curious what moving to CO has to do with those 2 teams.