[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your rule change

Grogansghost

The teams made their suggestions - what would you change?

For me - reinsert some judgment/discretion regarding blows to the head for the QBs. These guys are wearing helmets - ignore the incidental grazes.

This topic idea occurred to me while watching the NCAA tourney. I find myself cringing every time the whistle blows and wishing that they'd just play the game playground style I.e. call your own fouls.

Copied from another board, but I agree on what should have passed.

4. Extend the uprights to make them five feet taller. PASSED

8. Protect players from getting the sides of their legs rolled up on — the rule already says a blocker can’t hit an opponent in the back of the legs, this proposal will add “or side” to the rule. PASSED

9. Allow the referee to consult with members of the NFL officiating department during replay reviews. The referee would be able to speak with the command center in New York to help in reviewing a play. PASSED

10. Re-organize the rules about what can be reviewed and what cannot be reviewed, including making the recovery of a loose ball in the field of play reviewable. (This is referred to as the NaVorro Bowman rule, after a controversial call in the NFC Championship Game.) PASSED

11. Don’t stop the clock on a sack. PASSED

13. Enforce defensive fouls behind the line of scrimmage from the previous spot, rather than from the end of the run or from the spot of the foul. PASSED

should have passed:

2. Expand instant replay to include personal foul penalties. FAILED

3. Eliminate overtime in the preseason. TABLED

6. Put six cameras on all boundary lines — sideline, goal line, end line, to guarantee coverage for replay reviews. TABLED

7. Permit a coach to challenge any official’s decision, except scoring plays which are automatically reviewed. FAILED

1. Raise the number of active players on game day from 46 to 49 for regular-season games played on a day other than Sunday or Monday, excluding Week One. TABLED

2. Raise the practice squad limit from eight players to 10 players. TABLED

3. Permit clubs to trade players prior to the start of the league year. TABLED

1. Permit a home team with a retractable roof to open or close its roof at halftime, instead of having to determine at the start of the game whether it is open or closed. TABLED

For me - reinsert some judgment/discretion regarding blows to the head for the QBs. These guys are wearing helmets - ignore the incidental grazes.

There already is. I don't know the exact wording, but it's no longer an automatic penalty for glancing contact.

Cowboys get 12pts per TD. Opponents get 3. MAYBE that will help.

That is probably the only way to prevent the playoff expansion. Jerry Jones will not rest until 8-8 teams are automatically in the playoffs.

Question for those who want to review personal fouls, should other plays that could have been a personal foul also be reviewable? Or are we just trying to correct half of the problem (bad personal foul calls, vs. bad non calls).

I think allowing review of those kind of judgement calls is a slippery slope, soon people will want all penalties to be reviewed, all plays, and the games will just get slower and slower. Its also why I don't agree with allowing coaches to challenge any play, because now penalties will be getting challenged too often.

Watching NCAA games I'm disgusted lately by some of the reviews to determine if something was a flagrant foul, some of which are called even though there was no intent (but some guy reaches out and hits the other player in the head).