[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My return to Fantasy Football - Need some advice

wisedave

Hey Y'all,

I have been out of Fantasy Football for almost a decade now but want to start my own league.

I am here in England but have found a couple of colleagues that follow football (or American Football as they call it....but don't get me started on that!)

I am looking for some resources on starting a league and also a website, app or script I can run on my own server that keeps track of stats, schedules, drafts, etc.....

What are your thoughts about making my league a bit 'high tech'? Are there any cool must haves or 'you have to see this' kind of stuff?

Thanks for the input!

Cheers,

Dave

Cheers Henry...

What's the general concensus about the CBS Sports Fantasy setup?

Most here hate it, mostly because it is over priced. Our league uses it and likes it, handles everything we need. My complaint recently is they are changing too much every year, and not for the better. Common things you need to use regularly now require more clicks, hunting through menus etc.

Good to see another UK based poster, even if they mock us calling it American Football :tup:

It's football and soccer...end of! I'm from California so they can deal with it LOL :)

I've recruited three people so far and hope to have 8 teams this season. There is an football team here in Hull so I might have to drop by and put the word out.

I'm looking forward to this!

Right now I'm looking for a draft board and some ideas to make it fun on draft day. I've already decided to run draft day using an auction (this is how I used to play back in Cali).

Cheers Henry...

What's the general concensus about the CBS Sports Fantasy setup?

They already have you misspelling words and using "Cheers"? :weird:

MFL is a great site if you want customization. If you're looking for something basic, there's honestly nothing wrong with Yahoo.

They already have you misspelling words and using "Cheers"?

HA! Nice catch.......I don't even use the word 'bro' or 'dude' anymore. It's 'mate'.....honda, my friends back home would be so disappointed.

Today, I am going back to my roots....I'm throwing some more 'dudes' and 'bros' around. I may use even use y'all a few times! ;)

I'll check out Yahoo just for drill.

Where can I get a draft board here in the UK?

HA! Nice catch.......I don't even use the word 'bro' or 'dude' anymore. It's 'mate'.....honda, my friends back home would be so disappointed.

Today, I am going back to my roots....I'm throwing some more 'dudes' and 'bros' around. I may use even use y'all a few times! ;)

For my league in Manchester I just get one imported from the US, no chance of getting one over here unless you know someone in the printing industry who owes you a favour!

P&P over here though tends to be around $25.

For that much in shipping, it would be cheaper to just make one. All you need is some poster board and either a sharpie/marker and a ruler or just use thin electrical tape. Lay out your grid and you have a board.

Only thing you don't have is the pre-printed stickers with player names on it, but you just need to find a "classy" young lady to handle writing down the names for you (and of course removing an article of clothing after each round or two...hey, it worked in college).

Or, just import the board, but still find the classy young lady to put the stickers up for you.... and if she also gets drinks/snacks for you guys, double bonus.

• Like 1

For that much in shipping, it would be cheaper to just make one. All you need is some poster board and either a sharpie/marker and a ruler or just use thin electrical tape. Lay out your grid and you have a board.

Only thing you don't have is the pre-printed stickers with player names on it, but you just need to find a "classy" young lady to handle writing down the names for you (and of course removing an article of clothing after each round or two...hey, it worked in college).

Or, just import the board, but still find the classy young lady to put the stickers up for you.... and if she also gets drinks/snacks for you guys, double bonus.

Basically it doesn't matter what you do on draft day as long as you have a classy young lady doing your stickers :tup:

Pocs? :whistle:

For a free site, ESPN is not bad. If you are willing to pay annually, you can't do better than MFL.

Espn is the best free site hands down. Plus they always have a great app for your phone.

CBS is meh. It works but I'm in a league that uses it and I feel the free espn league i run is better than the CBS league that pays for the website. Plus it takes them forever to get an app out.