[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP to play in NO next week ...

Grits and Shins

the "league" is embroiled in an absolute PR nightmare coming off the heels of the ray rice debacle...goodale can't seem to make the right decision, no matter what - then he compounds his bad decisions by making even worse ones, so who knows what's going to fall out from the vikings decision to reinstate peterson...i just don't see this one going away quietly...after all which is worse, a wife beater or a child beater? (hint: the answer is they're both equally hideous)...fortunately or unfortunately (whichever side you fall on), all of these guy's cases are being tried in the court of public opinion...

Edited by the outlaw
  • Like 1

the "league" is embroiled in an absolute PR nightmare coming off the heels of the ray rice debacle...goodale can't seem to make the right decision, no matter what - then he compounds his bad decisions by making even worse ones, so who knows what's going to fall out from the vikings decision to reinstate peterson...i just don't see this one going away quietly...after all which is worse, a wife beater or a child beater? (hint: the answer is they're both equally hideous)...fortunately or unfortunately (whichever side you fall on), all of these guy's cases are begin tried in the court of public opinion...

I don't give 2 sharts about the redskins and their name/logo change, but reading your post while staring at your redskins logo avatar (is that what we call them?)really made me laugh.

I agree with your post btw

• Like 1

Don't be stupid ... spanking a child is not the same as beating a child to death

Um he didn't' spank him, he repeatedly hit a 4 year old with a stick on his back, legs, and nuts until he bled. So you might want to backtrack your comments a bit. That being said, APs level of abuse was definitely not the same as beating a child to death.

Edited by heehawks
  • Like 2

Um he didn't' spank him, he repeatedly hit a 4 year old with a stick on his back, legs, and nuts until he bled. So you might want to backtrack your comments a bit. That being said, APs level of abuse was definitely not the same as beating a child to death.

The point is that in AP's mind he was spanking his child which is a far cry from beating his child to death. The OP is using inflammatory language and equating "spanking" to "beating to death". That is like saying because one of my children drowned while swimming I do not allow my other children to take baths.

I didn't mean verbally justify, but even having the capacity to hit his child when something so traumatic happened to him

He was questioning your quote about AP not knowing the child existed, which is not correct. AP knew about the child, had for a few months, but had not yet met him in person.

Edited by flemingd

I didn't mean verbally justify, but even having the capacity to hit his child when something so traumatic happened to him

I meant that I didn't know that AP didn't know the existence of the child who died.

Didn't he?

The point is that in AP's mind he was spanking his child which is a far cry from beating his child to death. The OP is using inflammatory language and equating "spanking" to "beating to death". That is like saying because one of my children drowned while swimming I do not allow my other children to take baths.

I gotcha here, no worries.

They are going to let the legal system run it's due course. If they start suspending every player that gets accused of something based on police charges or accusations, they are just going to have more and more law suits on their hands. I've said it before and I'll say it again. These guys aren't angels. If the NFL starts jumping ahead of guilty verdicts in the court of law and suspending players before they are ruled guilty, they will be opening a gigantic can of worms. Most of these players have some kind of skeleton in the closet. They aren't choir boys.

Also keep in mind that most of the media outlets digging up and releasing these stories aren't doing it out of any sense of morale obligation to society. They are doing it because it makes them money. Yes these guys are thugs for the most part. That's no secret. But if we start suspending every player that does something stupid, there won't be many players left. The wiser course of action is to do exactly what they have done. Hire a team of personal that specialize in programs designed to educate these players and help them learn and understand what they are doing. Remember that most of these guys grew up in crappy environments and have lived a sheltered life surrounded by people that heap them with praise. To say they are out of touch with reality is an understatement.

And you are equating "spanking" (which sounds tame and light) with a beating using a device very much like a whip that results in long lasting scars. That is not a spanking.

Why deactivate him for one game after the story breaks and charges are filed (arrest warrant issued etc) but then reinstate him? What was the reason for deactivating in the first place, the legal process was not played out yet, but they punished him. Was it because they were so horrible without him?

My guess was they deactivated him so he could head down to Texas, turn himself in, and post bail.

They deactivated him to avoid the media hondastorm that was brewing. Then they got drilled by the Patriots, so they reactivated him. Next up is cutting him.

I'm always shocked at how people seem to interpret "due process" and "freedom of speech" and what rights those actually cover.

Once again, as with the Ray Rice situation due process does not have anything to do with it. His relationship with the Vikings and the NFL is an employee/employer relationship. They do not need to wait on due process to take action. They are completely unrelated. All of the NFL teams now hiding behind the "due process" excuse are simply pulling the wool over your eyes. It's a joke and I can't believe how many are falling for it.

I'm always shocked at how people seem to interpret "due process" and "freedom of speech" and what rights those actually cover.

Once again, as with the Ray Rice situation due process does not have anything to do with it. His relationship with the Vikings and the NFL is an employee/employer relationship. They do not need to wait on due process to take action. They are completely unrelated. All of the NFL teams now hiding behind the "due process" excuse are simply pulling the wool over your eyes. It's a joke and I can't believe how many are falling for it.

You seem to think due process is something tied solely to the American justice system. It isn't. It's a generic term, and it encompasses anyone's rights under whatever terms they live, work, or play.