[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Graham out till week 9

Shorttynaz

Jimmy Graham injury update: Saints tight end could miss 2-3 weeks for fantasy owners

You're right, it's not a guarantee, but it's likely. Maybe I should have said till week 8.

"New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham is expected to miss 2-3 weeks following the team's bye, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport."

You're right, it's not a guarantee, but it's likely. Maybe I should have said till week 8.

"New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham is expected to miss 2-3 weeks following the team's bye, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport."

Wasn't bagging on you but it is funny how things are said and then take off like wild fire...Ian's tweet seems like speculation to me but then people ran with it as fact.

Rapoport's tweet:

The #Saints signaled they’ll miss Jimmy Graham for a bit by signing Tom Crabtree. Tough to replace the Pro Bowler, even for 2-3 weeks

Edited by keggerz

I forget who said it but someone said the injury wasn't bad and he could have gone back in the game...to me, the fact that he didn't go back into a game that was in OT told me the injury very well could be serious...signing of Crabtree could signal that, but it also could just be a precaution.

Is Josh Hill worth a start in Graham's absence? Caught a few passes against Bucs after Jimmy left the game and has a few TDs in other games.

Doubtful... Any TE work will likely be split between Hill & Ben Watson. If anything I think this generates an uptick in Cooks touches.

Great my opponent this week has Cooks while Graham sits on my bench, :tdown:

The reason I say this is because the short-intermediate passing game is what has been working for the Saints this year and I believe they will want to ge the ball to Cooks more because they covet the big plays. Cooks has more ability to take a short pass and break a long gain than any other reciever on the roster.

It was probably a trade that was put up week 4 and forgotten about.

In his defense, he did the trade before Graham got injured, but what I couldn't understand is why throw in Watkins...they are brothers so they are always cooking up stuff, usually to the one guy's detriment.

The reason I say this is because the short-intermediate passing game is what has been working for the Saints this year and I believe they will want to ge the ball to Cooks more because they covet the big plays. Cooks has more ability to take a short pass and break a long gain than any other reciever on the roster.

All I know is, I've heard a lot about all this "Sonic Boom" nickname, and I ain't seein' it yet. Kid's got skills, no doubt, but this is the first week he's riding the pine (minus last week, of course) behind Hilton and Odell.

Do you think no Graham means more Cooks or more Colston? Or Graham's backup Hill? Seems obvious to me they like Cooks... just look at his # of targets each week.

Do you think no Graham means more Cooks or more Colston? Or Graham's backup Hill? Seems obvious to me they like Cooks... just look at his # of targets each week.

That's pretty much what I stated above, that Hill & Watson should split the TE touches, but those will be down this week at least the downfield touches that you're used to seeing from Graham and to a smaller extent, Hill. Defenses have been taking the deep threat away from the Saints, which is one of the reasons the running game has worked well and the WRs have been held in check with the exception of Graham. I'm guessing the Lions will follow that formula given they have one of the better run defenses in the league, which means once again the Saints will be looking at the short & intermediate routes and the quick passing game in order to keep the Dline off of Drew and off of the running game. To me that plays right into Cooks involvement and I believe PT as well. Somebody also said above that Cadet may vulture a TD and I could really see that happening as well.

Doubtful... Any TE work will likely be split between Hill & Ben Watson. If anything I think this generates an uptick in Cooks touches.

What about Colston? He's a big guy and runs a lot of routes from the slot. Seems like he would be the guy to get the biggest bump in targets with Graham out.

In his defense, he did the trade before Graham got injured, but what I couldn't understand is why throw in Watkins...they are brothers so they are always cooking up stuff, usually to the one guy's detriment.

Um, that completely changes the context of your post. Nice fishing job. Anything else you left out?

What about Colston? He's a big guy and runs a lot of routes from the slot. Seems like he would be the guy to get the biggest bump in targets with Graham out.

You're making him out to be a TE, which he's obviously not. He doesn't have the strength in comparison with Graham to outmuscle corners. I think Colston will have a decent game, but he's still going to be matched up against Mathis and probably see a lot of Quinn as well. Colston is actually one of my biggest fears this week because I know they want to get him more involved, but I also know he's going to be covered pretty tightly and Drew typically finds trouble when he starts getting impatient and trying to force the issue. Edited by rajncajn

You could do much worse in PPR formats than Amaro this week.

If it came down to a question between Hill, Watson or Amaro I'd undoubtedly go with Amaro but that's not saying much. Just not a lot of faith in anything Jet-related at all.

Edited by rajncajn

If it came down to a question between Hill, Watson or Amaro I'd undoubtedly go with Amaro but that's not saying much. Just not a lot of faith in anything Jet-related at all.

Unfortunately its not PPR and I'm already leaning on Ivory. Having two Jets starting would be very risky!