[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Survivor talk - Is DEN/OAK a trap game?

hezagenius

It's getting down to the nitty gritty in survivor pools. It's week 10 and the herd is pretty thin at this point. For some, there is some serious $ on the line.

The obvious choice at first glance is Denver over Oakland but I can't help but feel this is a trap game for Denver. Going into a winless Oakland and it being a divisional opponent, I don't know but I got a bad feeling about this. On the other hand, Denver is looking to rebound after getting drubbed by New England.

Baltimore over Tennessee isn't a bad pick but I believe the Titans have beat the Ravens the last 2 times they've played.

What is everyone's pick for their survivor pool this week?

It's getting down to the nitty gritty in survivor pools. It's week 10 and the herd is pretty thin at this point. For some, there is some serious $ on the line.

The obvious choice at first glance is Denver over Oakland but I can't help but feel this is a trap game for Denver. Going into a winless Oakland and it being a divisional opponent, I don't know but I got a bad feeling about this. On the other hand, Denver is looking to rebound after getting drubbed by New England.

Baltimore over Tennessee isn't a bad pick but I believe the Titans have beat the Ravens the last 2 times they've played.

What is everyone's pick for their survivor pool this week?

Den coming off a loss to the Pats is the clear choice IMO. Both Bal/Ten and Pit/NYJ scare me. Probably going to be one of the rougher weeks for picks if you used Den already.

I try to stay away from road teams, if at all possible. That said, I'd feel WAAYYY more comfortable with Denver than I would Pittsburgh. I'd be pretty surprised if Denver loses to the Raiders. They (the Raiders) are terrible, and it's not like Denver's defense is bad. So, Denver will score, and I don't see Oakland being able to keep up.

Meanwhile, it would not surprise me at all to see the Jets beat Pittsburgh. The Jets defense isn't terrible, and they've been competitive in several games that they've lost. Pittsburgh will be without a couple of key players on defense (Shazier and Polamalu, I believe?), and I could see the Jets pulling off the upset.

I'm still alive in both of my pools. Debating between Baltimore (hosting Tennessee) and Seattle (hosting the Giants). The one thing that scares me about the Ravens is that they played Pittsburgh last week (that quote from Jon Gruden has stuck in my head all week... Something like "the best time to beat one of these two teams is the week after they play each other"). That said, the Titans are not very good, especially on offense. Baltimore SHOULD take care of business.

As for SEA/NYG, both teams have been a bit of Jekyll and Hyde, but especially the Giants. Based on how they looked last week, picking SEA this week should be a no-brainer. But, Eli seems to surprise (and show up) when least expected (at times).

I'll probably change my mind 10 times, between the two, between now and Sunday.

Edited by Gopher

Seattle is hard to trust right now. They couldn't even beat OAK convincingly. I had them last week and was sweating bullets and the end of the game.

I know. Which is why I'm leaning towards BAL. Then I hear Gruden's voice, and I think about SEA again. I mean, sure... they lost to the Cowboys. But the Giants have been borderline embarassing several times this year. And, SEA needs the win to stay within reach of ARI. It's hard for me to see the Giants pulling it off, honestly.

Cowboys and Cards would probably be pretty solid picks. Romo looks a go and its neutral turf, Cards at home against a very inconsistent Rams team. If desperate, Pack tend to have the Bears (and especially Cutlers) number recently. Rest of the games would be tricky IMO.

Edited by Def.

As much as road teams scare me, divisional games sometimes scare me just as much. The Rams are unpredictable, but they seem to play their division tough. Otherwise, I'd agree... The Cards seem like an obvious choice.

And, I know... I should use the same theory with the DEN/OAK game. The difference is that the Rams have looked surprisingly good, on at least two occasions this year. The Raiders simply have not.

Yeah, I'm adding ARI to the mix... BAL, SEA, or ARI. I try not to look ahead, but it's hard not to at some point.

In one of my two pools, Cincy bounced one guy last night, leaving me in the final two. The other one is much larger, and I think there are a half-dozen of us left.

Yeah, I'm adding ARI to the mix... BAL, SEA, or ARI. I try not to look ahead, but it's hard not to at some point.

In one of my two pools, Cincy bounced one guy last night, leaving me in the final two. The other one is much larger, and I think there are a half-dozen of us left.

That was a terrible pick. CLE always plays CIN tough, regardless of their records. Taking CIN on a short week without their stud RB and a still-gimpy Green was flat out dumb.

• Like 1

Already down to the final 2 here. I'm rolling with Den and she looks to be going with Pitt. More then half the players of our local pool either went out on a SEA or CIN pick over the last few weeks.

Like the Ravens, Cards and Cowboys to take care of business. The Broncos should have no trouble with Oakland. I'm still alive in both of my survivors as well and am tied for first in my weekly pick 'ems.

Edited by irish