[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP Poll

Kansas State 2000

1 Southern California 1603

2 Oklahoma 1529

3 Georgia 1480

4 LSU 1446

5 Florida State 1291

6 Miami (FL) 1287

7 Texas 1236

8 Michigan 1223

9 Ohio State 1005

10 West Virginia 937

11 Florida 836

12 Kansas State 763 :D

13 California 744

14 Tennessee 658

15 Clemson 638

16 Virginia 627

17 Auburn 540

18 Missouri 525

19 Iowa 518

20 Utah 446

21 Wisconsin 328

22 Maryland 310

23 Oregon 200

24 Purdue 153

25 Minnesota 142

1  Southern California 1603

2  Oklahoma 1529

3  Georgia 1480

4  LSU 1446

5  Florida State 1291

6  Miami (FL) 1287

7  Texas 1236

8  Michigan 1223

9  Ohio State 1005

10 West Virginia 937

11 Florida 836

12 Kansas State 763 :D

13 California 744

14 Tennessee 658

15 Clemson 638

16 Virginia 627

17 Auburn 540

18 Missouri 525

19 Iowa 518

20 Utah 446

21 Wisconsin 328

22 Maryland 310

23 Oregon 200

24 Purdue 153

25 Minnesota 142

348467[/snapback]

If I was LSU I'd be "highly motivated" right now, to say the least - they were dissed! These things suck anyway - I wouldn't even put my Trojans on top until we hear the status of MWilliams. It may sound crazy, but I think he is the difference between USC going for the Rose Bowl vs. the Orange Bowl (NC game.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Aug. 28th - hoping we kick all sorts of Hokie ass. Selfish reasons - I'd like that to be my best birthday present, as I drink beer and eat cake and ice cream. (Mmm, they go together real well, don't they?)

Texas was a top 10 team last year and finished with a regular season record of 10-2.. losing only to Ark ( who was top 10 when they played) and OU ( who was the number 1 team in the country at the time) ... not counting bowl.

They have the Butkus award winner coming back ( Derrick Rogers) , a pre-season heisman candidate ( Cedric Benson) and Vince Young ( future Heisman QB).. and that is only the stars of this class. Add on a top 10 recruiting year ( again ) for Mack Brown ...

Texas deserves a top 10 spot a whole lot more than WVA does.

Texas was a top 10 team last year and finished with a regular season record of 10-2.. losing only to Ark ( who was top 10 when they played) and OU ( who was the number 1 team in the country at the time) ... not counting bowl.

They have the Butkus award winner coming back ( Derrick Rogers) , a pre-season heisman candidate ( Cedric Benson) and Vince Young ( future Heisman QB).. and that is only the stars of this class. Add on a top 10 recruiting year ( again ) for Mack Brown ...

350611[/snapback]

And OU will whip them by 50 yet again. LMAO, Mack Brown can have all the talent in the world, but he is an empty golf shirt. A helluva recruiter, but kids regress under him, just look at Roy Williams as an example. This kid was better as a Freshman than a Senior, and Vince Young is as close to a heisman candidate as Martha Stewart. he cant throw the ball, except the heave that Roy or BJ could run under. NO talent at WR this yr. Texas doesnt deserve to be in the top 25. And this is from someone who thought they were a top 5 team late last yr until they embarassed themselves in the bowl game.

Ou even out recruited them this yr, and not by a little, by a mile. They plucked the 2 best talents Texas had with Adrian Peterson and Rhett Bomar and Texas failed to get blue chip players from outside Texas, and only a handful of those here, the ones OU didnt want/need.....

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

350611[/snapback]

derrick rogers? you mean johnson. x.X. butkus award winner? wasn't that teddy lehman (which was BS anyway, ahemdemorriowilliamsahem)? cedric over caddy or sproles? vince young? bah, dont be silly. texas needs a coach before they will win a title. constantly overrated IMO.

I can't believe the Huskers are ranked 27th.  We have to be better than Minnesota.

349486[/snapback]

the Gophers are going to make some noise this year. With most of the defensive starters coming back and of course the potent running game, (313 yds/game last year) They might end up in the Rosebowl.