[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would be your 1st pick next year?

Alphashado

Bell or ODB Forte d thomas

id probably take odb or d thomas cause everyone will be on bell and he's used heavily maybe a injury or a change of thought for pitt to save their young rb next season is a long way away

ODB at #1.... :rofl:

That would be the most monumental mistake evah.

The guy's obviously set the NFL on fire as a rookie but come on. You have NO IDEA what Cruz coming back means. If Cruz were guaranteed to never be the same, maybe you say "OK, Cruz is obviously going to be the #2 on that team". But you know what they say about assuming.

The wise road is to think Cruz comes back and it's a 1a / 1b type of situation.

But hey go ahead and draft a WR with a questionable QB, 12 game sample size and likely in a 1a/1b situation. :tup:

• Like 2

The guy's obviously set the NFL on fire as a rookie but come on. You have NO IDEA what Cruz coming back means. If Cruz were guaranteed to never be the same, maybe you say "OK, Cruz is obviously going to be the #2 on that team". But you know what they say about assuming.

But hey go ahead and draft a WR with a questionable QB, 12 game sample size and likely in a 1a/1b situation. :tup:

I don't think Cruz is going to diminish ODB much. They will both be nice compliments. The key to the Giants more than Cruz is WILL the coach return and if so WILL the Giants get better, especially in the run game. If they fix their O-Line, their Defense continues to get better Coughlin has shown a real propensity to run the football. A "winning" Giants team focused on the run will bring ODB's numbers down far more than adding Cruz to the mix.

That said, taking ODB #1 overall (or any receiver) is a true mistake. The top 5-8 receivers (Dez, ODB, Julio, AB, Demaryius, Megatron, maybe even Jordy Nelson or AJGreen) provide very little differentiation. While ODB is a stud, AJ Green, Nelson (even Josh Gordon) are too. You take the #1 overall on the clearcut stud of the league (Rogers, Luck or Bell, Murray).

When you have literally EIGHT receivers from ODB to Megatron to Jordy that could be outstanding WR#1, why take one so early? It's the difference in having

L.Bell and AJ Green

or

O.Beckham and Arian Foster

I'd take Bell/Green everyday.

I would never take a sophomore WR as the 1st overall draft pick. In this case especially after considering that ODB has yet to play a full season, Cruz will be back and it is uncertain whether or not Coughlin will be back.

For me I would give very strong consideration to LBell.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I remember the first time a receiver was taken #1 in my league (Randy Moss lower end of round 1)....it sent shockwaves. People were astounded.

Since then, other receivers have gone #1, but usually later in the draft. I think Megatron went 1-7 a year or two ago, but that's been the high point. I can't see ODB jumping that based off half of season of play (though admittedly, was freakish).

Cruz had been very pedestrian in 6 of his last 8 games leading up to the injury. And he's had a lot of drops too. How much of that was him and how much was Eli? Cruz is not a #1 WR. I think the emergence of Beckham helps Cruz more than it hurts Odell.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

in a ppr id consider a top wr with 0 injury history #1. most rbs don't finish in their respected drafted position. mccoy comes to mindthis past season. i agree with bell and forte cause they catch a lot. btw odb and arian foster over bell and green. cincy is pounding the ball now. odb is an absolute beast he's young fast jumps high catches everything redzone target eli loves him

Gotta be Bell.

Now watch PIT go and truck up the wet dream by drafting another RB in the top 100 picks.

I would be surprised if they did not. Bell's workload shot up when Blount was released and it coincided with him facing TEN, NO, CIN, ATL and KC which all had bad rush defenses except KC where he went 20-63-1 and 1-9 receive.

Bell's huge week 11 to week 15 blowup was about matchups and a four game stretch of about 30 touches per game. He'll be great even after they add someone to help out but not like he was for that magic month. Bell ran for 7 touchdowns from week 11 onward. He only ran for one in the first ten weeks. I'd guess his situation will change in 2015 and he won't be playing TEN, NO or ATL next year.

Bell was still the #3 RB in week ten (PPR) But Forte and Murray was above him. Bell was #1 by 32 pts from week 11 to 15. Those final weeks are easier to remember but don't necessarily mean as much as the first ten weeks.

• Like 1

Luck/any QB is not a wise investment in the first or early rounds.

Depends on your league and depends on how he compares to other players at his same position. A blanket saying such as yours is foolish, because he helped me go 13-1 and play for the championship and because he sucked in last week I lost. I took him round 4 last year and took Montee Ball round 1. Had I taken Luck in Round 1 I'd have been in the exact same place of where I ended up.

Additionally, a team with DeMaryuis Thomas, Charles Johnson, Sammy Watkins, and Alshon Jeffry just finished 8th in the league because he had crud at QB.

Positions just depend on who is gone, who is available, etc...I took Kurt Warner in Round 1 a few years ago and won the league. RunningBacks are getting tougher to gauge because of injuries, RBBCs etc....

Depends on your league and depends on how he compares to other players at his same position. A blanket saying such as yours is foolish, because he helped me go 13-1 and play for the championship and because he sucked in last week I lost. I took him round 4 last year and took Montee Ball round 1. Had I taken Luck in Round 1 I'd have been in the exact same place of where I ended up.

Additionally, a team with DeMaryuis Thomas, Charles Johnson, Sammy Watkins, and Alshon Jeffry just finished 8th in the league because he had crud at QB.

Positions just depend on who is gone, who is available, etc...I took Kurt Warner in Round 1 a few years ago and won the league. RunningBacks are getting tougher to gauge because of injuries, RBBCs etc....

All that matters is who else you get..and luck (not Andrew). I've won before when my 1st rder gets hurt early and misses the rest of the yr. I've finished last with a 1st rder that killed it all yr. There are no blanket statements in FF when it comes to drafting..I finished 3rd in a 16 team BOTH this yr after drafting Calvin in the 1st. I may have won had I taken Luck instead Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

All that matters is who else you get..and luck (not Andrew). I've won before when my 1st rder gets hurt early and misses the rest of the yr. I've finished last with a 1st rder that killed it all yr. There are no blanket statements in FF when it comes to drafting..

exactly, and if you saw the rest of my draft you could figure out WHY i was so good this year.

Of the 19 players I drafted I only CUT FOUR of them, which is amazing (they were Gerhart, Rams D, Tim Wright, Jeremy Kerley). All other players remained on my team or were traded.

Adrian Peterson

That is noteworthy. AP will be fresh after having a year off. Plus if there is any RB that can produce post 30 it's him, The guy is a physical freak of nature. However it kinda depends on where he ends up. Personally I won't take him ever again after drafting him in two leagues this year. I know it's stupid, but I'm sure that the bitter taste will still be in my mouth next Aug.

Adrian Peterson

No need. If you really think AP is "the #1" that is fine, but you draft where the guy is projected to be picked (or slightly ahead).

In other words if I think Tre' Mason is the next Walter Payton and believe he should be #1, I wouldn't take him there, because that thinking would be an anomaly as compared to other fantasy managers. If AP comes back no prognosticator will have AP at #1 overall. I don't know where he will be...probably mid 1 to mid 2 depending on where he is, the system, other backs, how he looks in OTAs, etc.

Edited by kwolf68