[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Legacy of Tom Brady

DMD

Tom Terrific  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Considering his suspension (or not), what is your opinion of Brady?

• One of greatest to ever play the game
    • Good, maybe great and suspension is meaningless
    • Good, maybe great and suspension proves he's also a cheater
    • Product of a system anyway and a cheater
    • Nothing matters because I love him. I mean like "Gisselle" kind of love.

I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't get in the cops face and act like an ahole either. That never helps.

I have been singled out just because I look suspicious, or because I fit some profile while riding my motorcycles. I've even been pulled over do the same speed as everybody else, I was annoyed and may have even said something to the cop. But I don't go ballistic and become confrontational.

I think you are arguing semantics, because they asked for access to his phone or the messages, and he denied them all of that (and omitted the important fact that it was not possible because the phone had already been destroyed). It probably went down something like this.

NFL investigators to Brady/attorney: We'd like to examine your phone so that we can see...

Brady attorney: No way that's private property, we will not hand that over

NFL: Well you don't have to give it to us, you could just provide the text messages between Brady and these 2 guys (the ball boys).

BA: Nope, we're not giving you anyything (because we already destroyed the phone to hide all that info we knew you'd want to see).

They were given options to provide information from the phone and declined. Then months later admitted they had already destroyed the phone, which means they had no intention of ever sharing that info, and withheld information during the investigation.

You'll never see it any other way than the big bad NFL is trying to make your hero Brady look bad. Well he makes himself look bad, he learned from BB the cheater, how to flaunt it and still (almost) get away with it.

wells told him straight up...we dont need...as long as you provide documents related to your phone records...he turned over everything.....including the names/numbers of team employees he was in contact with....they went through the phones of these other people and read their correspondence with brady......they told him what they had was more than enough.....

"I want to be crystal clear. I told Mr. Brady and his agents, I was willing not to take possession of the phone. I said, "I don't want to see any private information." I said, "Keep the phone. You and the agent, Mr. Yee, you can look at the phone. You give me the documents that are responsive to this investigation and I will take your word that you have given me what's responsive."

yet somehowe he chose to use the word "refuse"

youre missing the point if you think im arguing semantics...my point is....when you use the word "refuse"....youre making it sound like you really tried hard to get the phone ....like you wanted it or were owed it.....its the language used in the statement wells made i have a problem with.....wells was never getting that phone and he knew it......and when brady didnt give it to him he said brady "refused".....in attempt to paint brady in a negative light......which was done........and the same with this phone being "destroyed" business.....its irrelevant....but in the court of public opinion you have people beliving brady is the devil........he was told they didnt need that phone......the nfl is trying to deflect the attention in this case

they are deflecting attention because their repuatation has been hit hard over the last few years ....and with good cause

heres what we know

- they apparently were alerted beforehand that the pats might have under inflated balls....yet never checked the psi before the game

-they leaked a false report about the pats having 11 of 12 balls under the minimum at halftime

-they said brady was cooperative...didnt need his phone...that all of the records he turned over were sufficient and they had correspondence between him and team employees......and then they leaked a story about the phone being destroyed....when it was completely irrelevant....

thats the shame here....the nfl is trying a sabatoge job on one of the most hated franchises in order to regain credibilty

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1

Tom Brady...

Smug

Arrogant

Entitled

Above the law

A-hoe

Cheater

HFQB that didn't need to do or be an of the above

If this were a court of law, Brady would be not guilt. However, the NFL is not a court of law and does not have to live up to the beyond a shadow of doubt standard. Under the by-laws agreed to by the NFL and the Players Union, the Commissioner can discipline players he deems to have conduct detrimental to the league.

The Pats OBVIOUSLY cheated and got caught. Common sense and Tom Brady's actions make it OBVIOUS that he knew the balls were being deflated. Anyone out there stupid enough to think that anyone in the Patriots organization would have deflated the balls without Brady's knowledge is a delusional Pats homer. If anything the Pats got off easy. So what if Brady misses the first 4 games, they are not playoff games and they get to keep their Super Bowl rings, that they got with the help of cheating.

Edited by DiehardSteeler

Everybody loves a winner.

Not when they cheat. All the effin time. Farck those slimy siht bags. They are an embarrassment to the game.

Edited by BA Baracus

yesterday the pats released a string of emails.....of correspondence between their counsel and nfl counsel...where the patriots asked the nfl to correct blatant misinformation that was being spread(most likely leaked by the nfl since it would seem logical they were the only ones who could have)

im sure most of you who have already deemed brady guilty will never read this...in fact...its not easy to find...you want find it on espn.com thats for sure....which is where most of the general public gets their info from anyway....you see the game being played here?....like i said...this is an easy sell for the nfl...most of the country wants the patriots to be guilty of something they arent....the nfl has spread misinformation and done a goob job at painting this whole thing.....because people are too lazy to find out the truth thats sitting right there....its easier to turn on espn and hear what the nfl machine is feeding you

Newsflash... Other teams and players get caught "cheating" all the time. They usually get fined and that's that, you don't really hear to much about it. I believe the great and powerful Seahawks had a few guys get caught taking adderall as a PED. If this were a different team it wouldn't be half the media circus it is now. People aren't fond of bellichick and I can see why, but the Pats have had a 15 year run of success under him. If you look in that same timeframe I don't think there are many coaches/QB's that have the same track record. I admit if I wasn't a Pats fan I would probably be sick of them ( like the Yankees of early 2000) but like them or not Brady had one of his greatest seasons last year. His numbers weren't the best but he showed his grit, his composure, he's mental toughness and his leadership. So regardless of a deflated football that had no impact on the game Brady is still one of the greatest

To be fair, apparently "the system" made Matt Cassel look like a starting QB and the Chiefs spent four years proving that he really wasn't. Cassel cannot even beat out EJ Manuel now....

But there is something to be said for being really good in a really good system.

My point exactly.. Cassle proved to be very bad after he was out of BB system..But in that system still won 11 games.

a more realistic analogy.. You suspect your wife or gf are cheating on you.. you have evidence to believe based on her unusual increase of phone activity that her phone likely has proof.. you confront her and she answers all your questions and tells you I'd never cheat on u I love u..you don't buy it and ask to see her phone activity and she refuses.. what do u do ?

So what do you think about Jerry Rice? Was he an embarrassment to the game?

Did Rice illegally video his opponents?

Did Rice use illegal on field communcation devices?

Did Rice use some loophole in the rules about inelligible receivers to change the outcome of a playoff game?

Did Rice engage in a coverup conspiracy about his use of stickum?

If it weren't for the consistent culture of cheating and complete lack of respect for the spirit of the rules in NE, the deflation would not be a big deal. But as yet one more log on the fire, it is a big deal.

• Like 1

a more realistic analogy.. You suspect your wife or gf are cheating on you.. you have evidence to believe based on her unusual increase of phone activity that her phone likely has proof.. you confront her and she answers all your questions and tells you I'd never cheat on u I love u..you don't buy it and ask to see her phone activity and she refuses.. what do u do ?

Close this thread and move on?
  • Like 2

Did Rice illegally video his opponents?

Did Rice use illegal on field communcation devices?

Did Rice use some loophole in the rules about inelligible receivers to change the outcome of a playoff game?

Did Rice engage in a coverup conspiracy about his use of stickum?

If it weren't for the consistent culture of cheating and complete lack of respect for the spirit of the rules in NE, the deflation would not be a big deal. But as yet one more log on the fire, it is a big deal.

:lol:

Great QB skills, made better by a system, but a system which ongoingly pursues activities that are serious rule infractions, ongoingly appears tainted at multiple levels of its personnel, and he choose to continue to participate there...so my view of him is capped.

More or less sums it up for me. I didn't vote because none of the choices fit. He was/is a great QB, but his "legacy" will always be tarnished by the cheating......and this is just the stuff he or they got caught on, who knows what else lurks....so we'll always wonder how much his greatness was just greatness and how much was cheating. He's the Barry Bonds of the NFL (though in a diff way).

One of the most telling things to me was that when he was out that one year and Matt Cassell came in, they scarcely skipped a beat, going 11-5 and only just missing the playoffs due to a quirk of other teams' records. With Matt freakin Cassell.

Edited by BeeR
  • Like 1

More or less sums it up for me. I didn't vote because none of the choices fit. He was/is a great QB, but his "legacy" will always be tarnished by the cheating......and this is just the stuff he or they got caught on, who knows what else lurks....so we'll always wonder how much his greatness was just greatness and how much was cheating. He's the Barry Bonds of the NFL (though in a diff way).

One of the most telling things to me was that when he was out that one year and Matt Cassell came in, they scarcely skipped a beat, going 11-5 and only just missing the playoffs due to a quirk of other teams' records. With Matt freakin Cassell.

ya he went 11-5 with a team that was a play away from going 19-0...lol....it couldnt have been "wow that was a really talented team the pats had"....its just a cheating system where they can take any qb and win 11 games

again....its utterly ridiculous to listen to "fans" tell us hes a system guy that can have any qb plugged in to produce results....yet everyone that plays against him, with him or used to play and watches him says how great he is....

honestly....you must be really dumb to not see what is clearly going on here....you have a former jets employee who now works for the nfl...who cant stand the patriots....who is trying to frame them...and the league cant afford to look stupid so they just keep covering it up....its sad...you have no brain...no independent thought....you simply believe what the nfl tells you via espn

I've come to the conclusion there's no reasoning with narrow minded homers. Moving on..

ya as if trying to reason with a colts fan is any easier...sigh

1) When Tom Brady first addressed the media, he and the whole world, were led to believe that the air pressure was 2PSI under inflated. He denied that he did anything wrong.

TRUTH: He had done nothing wrong because the PSI wasn't even close to 2PSI under inflated. They made no effort to correct that info. even when the Pats' lawyer pleaded with the NFL to do so. There is no reason to believe that the footballs did not start out at the legal limit of 12.5 when the game started. The difference between the four Colt footballs and the Patriots can be explained easily (perhaps the Colts footballs started at 13PSI; theirs were measured long after they had been sitting indoors whereas the Patriots' were measured much more quickly etc...)

2) Tom Brady has never denied that he wanted his footballs at the lowest PSI allowable.

TRUTH: As you bring back other historical hearsay, we also KNOW that a few years back when the Pats were playing the Jets, the refs (who are supposed to be guardians of the rules) filled the Pats' footballs to 16 PSI - way above the allowed limit and Brady was pissed about it.

3) The Wells report is a joke.

TRUTH: Now we now two things, the NFL knew the PSI info being taken as truth by the media was bogus. We also know now that the Wells report was edited before being released to the public. We also now know that the refs interviews and Brady's interviews are alluded to in the report but to a large extent not included.

4) The NFL screwed this up big time.

TRUTH: In normal equipment violations teams are warned and reminded of the rules. Did not happen in this case. The NFL makes it look like they wanted to catch the Pats unprepared for the violation. The Colts used (against the NFL rules) their own gauge to check the Pats' football that was intercepted. The refs were in charge of guarding the game balls after they were marked as acceptable - they did not. There is even video of the refs watching the ball boys carrying the bag of balls onto the field and no one said or did anything.

The reality is that Tom Brady said he did nothing wrong and there is NO EVIDENCE to the contrary. In fact, the evidence points to what he said was true.

He was smart to not turn his phone over and but he did give the NFL all of his phone records for that time frame. The NFL said that there were too many numbers to check. They can spend millions of dollars (as well as months) for Ted Wells to produce a report (which was then edited for public consumption) but spent nothing to find out if Tom story could be collaborated. Wells made it clear that he did not want Tom's phone but all of a sudden it becomes the REASON he is now suspended for being uncooperative. He spent many HOURS being interviewed, he turned over the phone records, the Pats made available EVERY phone that was team owned.

This whole thing was crap from the beginning and many people are now realizing that the NFL front offices are a joke.

I'm no Pats Homer, and I think the whole thing is bullhonda :shrug:

it is...and i think anyone who actually takes the time to break it down would realize that...if they are a rational and intelligent being...

the nfl leaked a false report about the 11 of 12 footballs being 2 psi lower than the minimum....let it get out and take on a life of its own...and never corrected it......if you just stop right there you could see where this whole thing is going

i appreciate the fact that you recognize what a bunch of garbage this is......we realize there is a large percentage of football fans in this country who cannot stand the patriots.....you wont be able to change their minds...and the nfl is banking on it.....these colts fans cannot stand being the pats little brother

Lol. It's more than just Colts fans who see cheating for what it is.. Cheating.

Others who think Brady is completely innocent are just turning a blind eye.

We all have our opinions, it's just mine is right. :)

Edited by Shorttynaz

Lol. It's more than just Colts fans who see cheating for what it is.. Cheating.

Others who think Brady is completely innocent are just turning a blind eye.

We all have our opinions, it's just mine is right. :)

You can't even see/admit that the nfl leaked a false report at the start of this whole thing and never corrected it.....you aren't looking for thr truth ....ur looking for a reason thr colts keep getting curb stomped by the patriots....and it has nothing to do with psi of footballs

You've clearly turned this into some sort of gloating of dominance the Pats have over the Colts - one of which I've never denied. However, me being a fan of the Colts has 0 relevance to this. But for whatever reason it does to you, so keep trying to make a moot point - hence my comment about not being able to reason with narrow minded homers. I'm allowed my opinion, and no one's convinced me to change it. Good luck to your QB in his legal battle - I'll revisit this thread after he and Goodell meet in court in a few weeks..