[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Legacy of Tom Brady

DMD

Tom Terrific  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Considering his suspension (or not), what is your opinion of Brady?

• One of greatest to ever play the game
    • Good, maybe great and suspension is meaningless
    • Good, maybe great and suspension proves he's also a cheater
    • Product of a system anyway and a cheater
    • Nothing matters because I love him. I mean like "Gisselle" kind of love.

If you are concerned with your legacy then you do everything in your power to show that you were innocent. You give up phone records, you give up the phone and whatever else that will help exhonerate you.

Think about it like this...If you get pulled over and a police office wants to give you a breathalyzer test you have the right to decline. Of course there are repercussions should you choose to use that right. Now, let's say you just finished working a 15 hour day and you are dead tired (you crossed the centerline because you were so tired), you have new contacts and your eyes are bloodshot (making you look like you have been drinking or something. Now lets even add that as you were leaving work a buddy dropped a 40 and got it all over your pants so you actually smell like alcohol too. The cop thinks he has you dead to rights, but you know otherwise because you haven't had a drop of alcohol in your life...Do you take a stand based on your RIGHTS and decline the test or do you do what you need to do to prove your innocence? Maybe not the best analogy in the world but I think it makes my point.

THIS! Exactly what I said a few posts earlier..

Am I the only one that's starting to think that Robert Kraft is the new Al Davis?

Not even close. Al would have NEVER taken that hit. Al would have fought Goodell like a stray cat cornered in an alley. Not only for the team, but for Tom as well. However, Al Davis has certainly crossed my mind more than once during this whole thing lol.

If you are concerned with your legacy then you do everything in your power to show that you were innocent. You give up phone records, you give up the phone and whatever else that will help exhonerate you.

Think about it like this...If you get pulled over and a police office wants to give you a breathalyzer test you have the right to decline. Of course there are repercussions should you choose to use that right. Now, let's say you just finished working a 15 hour day and you are dead tired (you crossed the centerline because you were so tired), you have new contacts and your eyes are bloodshot (making you look like you have been drinking or something. Now lets even add that as you were leaving work a buddy dropped a 40 and got it all over your pants so you actually smell like alcohol too. The cop thinks he has you dead to rights, but you know otherwise because you haven't had a drop of alcohol in your life...Do you take a stand based on your RIGHTS and decline the test or do you do what you need to do to prove your innocence? Maybe not the best analogy in the world but I think it makes my point.

You trust the police? :shocking:

I don't get why even continuing to go after Brady in this manner. The balls are provided by the team and deflated balls are a team violation. The team has already been punished and accepted the punishment (even if now regretted.) Why continue this? What purpose does it serve and/or what does it achieve for the league?

he was told that giving up all of his phone records was sufficient....and that they didnt need the phone....he was described by wells as being "totally cooperative"....yet at the same time wells used words like "refused" when describing him not turning over his phone,.....all of the sudden this is an issue? of him not coooperating? because goodell needs it to be an issue....brady turned over all of his records......wells had access to 5 other employees and their communications with brady via cell......the nfl throws it out there that this phone, that they said they didnt need and were never getting anyway, is destroyed and the world eats it up and laughs and jokes....producing memes about how the pats are cheaters......its such a farce....its a smoking gun the nfl desperately wants...they throw it out there ....and most of the world is too busy to go back and read that theyve already said the opposite

I don't get why even continuing to go after Brady in this manner. The balls are provided by the team and deflated balls are a team violation. The team has already been punished and accepted the punishment (even if now regretted.) Why continue this? What purpose does it serve and/or what does it achieve for the league?

Because once they started down the path to prosecute Brady they couldn't stop or Goodell would look weak. They probably should have just gone after the team and been done with it. This is quickly becoming an embarrassment for the commish.

How would you feel if while everybody else was doing it you were the only one punished for it?

I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't get in the cops face and act like an ahole either. That never helps.

I have been singled out just because I look suspicious, or because I fit some profile while riding my motorcycles. I've even been pulled over do the same speed as everybody else, I was annoyed and may have even said something to the cop. But I don't go ballistic and become confrontational.

im not arguing semantics...im saying....wells said "brady refused" yet made a statement that he told brady and his lawyer he didnt need to turn it over.....kind of conflicting if you ask me...wouldnt you agree....when someone asks you...you decline....when its demanded you refuse......did anyone tell brady he might face disciplinary action if he didnt turn the phone over? im fairly sure no one did....

I think you are arguing semantics, because they asked for access to his phone or the messages, and he denied them all of that (and omitted the important fact that it was not possible because the phone had already been destroyed). It probably went down something like this.

NFL investigators to Brady/attorney: We'd like to examine your phone so that we can see...

Brady attorney: No way that's private property, we will not hand that over

NFL: Well you don't have to give it to us, you could just provide the text messages between Brady and these 2 guys (the ball boys).

BA: Nope, we're not giving you anyything (because we already destroyed the phone to hide all that info we knew you'd want to see).

They were given options to provide information from the phone and declined. Then months later admitted they had already destroyed the phone, which means they had no intention of ever sharing that info, and withheld information during the investigation.

You'll never see it any other way than the big bad NFL is trying to make your hero Brady look bad. Well he makes himself look bad, he learned from BB the cheater, how to flaunt it and still (almost) get away with it.

Not a surprise to me at all ... they think NE has a pattern of cheating and want them to be punished, whether the punishment is just or not. IMO they are not thinking forward; i.e. they are not realizing that next week it could be all the other owners and Goodell aligned against them. Once you give Goodell the power to punish based on suspicions and not evidence there is no going back.

No going back, really?? If the owners are unhappy with how things go (and many of them face this unjust punishment that you perceive) they'll fire his ass quicker than Brady can destory his next cell phone.

The owner are the NFL, not Goodell.

PS The other owners don't think NE has a pattern of cheating, THEY KNOW IT.

Not even close. Al would have NEVER taken that hit. Al would have fought Goodell like a stray cat cornered in an alley. Not only for the team, but for Tom as well. However, Al Davis has certainly crossed my mind more than once during this whole thing lol.

Al would not have allowed hid employees to cooperate with the investigation at all, nobody would have talked to the NFL investigator.

Who is continuing to go after Brady? The NFL issued a suspension, Brady/NFLPA appealed, they lost. They were going to sue the NFL and try to go to some favorable court, the NFL filed suit first to make sure it stayed in a court that should have jurisdiction (and was less favorable to players).

I don't get why people think Brady should just get scott free now. I suspect they think he never should have been punished, and the Pats have "suffered enough". Heck some think nothing should have been done to anybody and there was no problem to deal with, just let the teams do whatever they want to skirt the rules. So long as it helps somebody win its ok.

Who is continuing to go after Brady? The NFL issued a suspension, Brady/NFLPA appealed, they lost. They were going to sue the NFL and try to go to some favorable court, the NFL filed suit first to make sure it stayed in a court that should have jurisdiction (and was less favorable to players).

I don't get why people think Brady should just get scott free now. I suspect they think he never should have been punished, and the Pats have "suffered enough". Heck some think nothing should have been done to anybody and there was no problem to deal with, just let the teams do whatever they want to skirt the rules. So long as it helps somebody win its ok.

Hate leads to suffering my friend. Don't know what your horse is in the race, but even as a Dolphins fan I do not believe he should have received this level of punishment. There is no established policy on this, the process is not fair, and there is no precedent for that level of punishment. This is Goodell making up policies and punishments as he goes along. That is not fair, that is not justice.

Again, deflated balls are a TEAM violation, for which the team has been stiffly punished. You want to argue semantics of cooperating and "general awareness" then by all means go ahead. I fail to see how that warrants more then a fine.

I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't get in the cops face and act like an ahole either. That never helps.

I have been singled out just because I look suspicious, or because I fit some profile while riding my motorcycles. I've even been pulled over do the same speed as everybody else, I was annoyed and may have even said something to the cop. But I don't go ballistic and become confrontational.

I think you are arguing semantics, because they asked for access to his phone or the messages, and he denied them all of that (and omitted the important fact that it was not possible because the phone had already been destroyed). It probably went down something like this.

NFL investigators to Brady/attorney: We'd like to examine your phone so that we can see...

Brady attorney: No way that's private property, we will not hand that over

NFL: Well you don't have to give it to us, you could just provide the text messages between Brady and these 2 guys (the ball boys).

BA: Nope, we're not giving you anyything (because we already destroyed the phone to hide all that info we knew you'd want to see).

They were given options to provide information from the phone and declined. Then months later admitted they had already destroyed the phone, which means they had no intention of ever sharing that info, and withheld information during the investigation.

You'll never see it any other way than the big bad NFL is trying to make your hero Brady look bad. Well he makes himself look bad, he learned from BB the cheater, how to flaunt it and still (almost) get away with it.

This is the problem, people making honda up to fit their story. It's been reported that the dude said Brady was very cooperative with everything they asked of him. Read..digest, don't make honda up

This is the problem, people making honda up to fit their story. It's been reported that the dude said Brady was very cooperative with everything they asked of him. Read..digest, don't make honda up

Yes I read that he said that he was very cooperative. I also read that he was asked to supply information from his phone and declined. And wasn't forthcoming at that time about him already destroying the phone.

We'll see how it plays out in court, you and I arguing over it won't change the outcome.