[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Legacy of Tom Brady

DMD

Tom Terrific  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Considering his suspension (or not), what is your opinion of Brady?

• One of greatest to ever play the game
    • Good, maybe great and suspension is meaningless
    • Good, maybe great and suspension proves he's also a cheater
    • Product of a system anyway and a cheater
    • Nothing matters because I love him. I mean like "Gisselle" kind of love.

Taz..

Just one question..... Orville Redenbacher or Pop Secret???

Personally, I prefer Pop Secret with extra butter, but you've had a number of bags of popcorn on this thread alone, so it must be tasty!!!

imagine for a moment that what you are saying isn't true, that Brady and the Pats did cheat, that there isn't somebody with an axe to grind going after them and the NFL covering it up. That is where most other people are at, and your view plus being a Pats fan will have most discounting your view.

You're taking this far too personally, if you think Brady is awesome and this doesn't tarnish his image you can do that. You don't need to try and convince everybody else that he is innocent.

"Bottom line – this scandal is all about Roger Goodell and the owners – who recently came out and said they were concerned about Goodell looking weak, backing him up despite the developing FrameGate scandal.

This dates back to last fall when Goodell was under fire for trying to tell you all he didn’t know Ray Rice beat his wife unconscious in the elevator – and although that fact was in the police report, the focus became whether Goodell had seen the video that TMZ so easily obtained

Just remember that Goodell didn’t increase his suspension of Ray Rice beyond 2 games when HE saw the video – it was only when YOU saw the video for that he postured an incredulous “OH! If I’d known he hit her I would have been tougher!”

THAT was the biggest headline heading into the playoffs and Roger needed to change that to protect his $40 million a year job.

Enter Mike Kensil, an angry and embarrassed John Harbaugh, former Ravens executive and Colts GM Ryan Grigson, and all the other former Jets executives now working alongside Goodell with a ready made sting and scandal – set up to wait until HALFTIME of the Championship Game before they attempted to surprise the Patriots in a sting.

The only problem? The footballs weren’t deflated.

No problem. Just leak fabricated info to Mortensen to get the story going, then have Wells “assume” Anderson mis-remembered using the gauge that showed no deflation occurred, and have Jeff Pash edit the Wells Report further.

So here we are. Goodell and the League have shown themselves to be the biggest threat to the Integrity of the Game and the Owners are hoping no one holds them responsible.

This is Roger Goodell’s NFL"

Framegate....Spygate....Deflategate....Frontgate....tired of it all. Great summer thread though....I love ketchup shakers on my popcorn....fingers look like bloody mess when I'm done. Doesn't matter though, I take all my electronics to the washroom with me......

• Like 1

"Bottom line – this scandal is all about Roger Goodell and the owners – who recently came out and said they were concerned about Goodell looking weak, backing him up despite the developing FrameGate scandal.

This dates back to last fall when Goodell was under fire for trying to tell you all he didn’t know Ray Rice beat his wife unconscious in the elevator – and although that fact was in the police report, the focus became whether Goodell had seen the video that TMZ so easily obtained

Just remember that Goodell didn’t increase his suspension of Ray Rice beyond 2 games when HE saw the video – it was only when YOU saw the video for that he postured an incredulous “OH! If I’d known he hit her I would have been tougher!”

THAT was the biggest headline heading into the playoffs and Roger needed to change that to protect his $40 million a year job.

Enter Mike Kensil, an angry and embarrassed John Harbaugh, former Ravens executive and Colts GM Ryan Grigson, and all the other former Jets executives now working alongside Goodell with a ready made sting and scandal – set up to wait until HALFTIME of the Championship Game before they attempted to surprise the Patriots in a sting.

The only problem? The footballs weren’t deflated.

No problem. Just leak fabricated info to Mortensen to get the story going, then have Wells “assume” Anderson mis-remembered using the gauge that showed no deflation occurred, and have Jeff Pash edit the Wells Report further.

So here we are. Goodell and the League have shown themselves to be the biggest threat to the Integrity of the Game and the Owners are hoping no one holds them responsible.

This is Roger Goodell’s NFL"

source? Looks like you're quoting somebody who said this, so in order for anybody to consider its merits we need to know who said it.

And if you crafted it yourself :peace:

I see objectivity is an attribute that many lack ... either you love NE/Tom Brady and you think he got the shaft, or you hate NE/Tom Brady and you think he got what he had coming.

How you feel about NE and/or Tom Brady should be irrelevant. I haven't seen a shred of solid evidence that proves NE and/or Tom Brady were deflating balls. Surely if the NFL/Goodell had such evidence they would have released it to the world. The fact that an organization and player can be punished because they probably were generally aware that a rule was being broken is just wrong to me.

Personally I hope Tom Brady goes to court and wins ... not because I am a Tom Brady fan (far from it) ... but because I hate the high-handed way the NFL handled this whole thing and I hate the idea that they can punish organizations and/or players on a weak suspicion that something wasn't right.

• Like 1

I see objectivity is an attribute that many lack ... either you love NE/Tom Brady and you think he got the shaft, or you hate NE/Tom Brady and you think he got what he had coming.

How you feel about NE and/or Tom Brady should be irrelevant. I haven't seen a shred of solid evidence that proves NE and/or Tom Brady were deflating balls. Surely if the NFL/Goodell had such evidence they would have released it to the world. The fact that an organization and player can be punished because they probably were generally aware that a rule was being broken is just wrong to me.

Personally I hope Tom Brady goes to court and wins ... not because I am a Tom Brady fan (far from it) ... but because I hate the high-handed way the NFL handled this whole thing and I hate the idea that they can punish organizations and/or players on a weak suspicion that something wasn't right.

+1

I honest don't understand how anyone could disagree with what you've posted

Except Kraft took a major hit for the team because they didn't do anything wrong. Got it

Convince me, show me proof that Kraft, NE and/or Tom Brady did anything wrong. I'm not looking for innuendo, speculations or conjecture. I'm looking for solid evidence.

The fact that a punishment was administered is not proof of anything except that the NFL (sans 1 owner) and Goodell has the power to punish when they just THINK a rule was broken.

Convince me, show me proof that Kraft, NE and/or Tom Brady did anything wrong. I'm not looking for innuendo, speculations or conjecture. I'm looking for solid evidence.

The fact that a punishment was administered is not proof of anything except that the NFL (sans 1 owner) and Goodell has the power to punish when they just THINK a rule was broken.

no one here will show you the proof, there isn't any

I can show you the proof that Kraft took a major hit. $1m fine and multiple draft picks on the assumption Brady would get a pat on the back.

You can keep huffing and puffing about all of it cause it doesn't matter anymore. The legal phase is now about Goodell. You should be concerned more with that.

The popcorn is getting stale and my coke is flat.

Edited by tazinib1

I can show you the proof that Kraft took a major hit. $1m fine and multiple draft picks on the assumption Brady would get a pat on the back.

You clearly have a much lower standard of "proof" than I do, either that or your judgement is clouded by Brady hate. If I said the fact that a particular patch of ground was wet proves that it rained, would you accept that as "proof"?

You clearly have a much lower standard of "proof" than I do, either that or your judgement is clouded by Brady hate. If I said the fact that a particular patch of ground was wet proves that it rained, would you accept that as "proof"?

It's why I get excused from jury duty

• Like 1