[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Legacy of Tom Brady

DMD

Tom Terrific  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Considering his suspension (or not), what is your opinion of Brady?

• One of greatest to ever play the game
    • Good, maybe great and suspension is meaningless
    • Good, maybe great and suspension proves he's also a cheater
    • Product of a system anyway and a cheater
    • Nothing matters because I love him. I mean like "Gisselle" kind of love.

:smoke:

But can you prove it's smoke?

unless it's fog cause that can look like smoke.

Especially to a really old rich guy with new trophy wife who has been clouded by all the shady things his team has done in the past

• Like 1

no one here will show you the proof, there isn't any

Or more accurately nobody here has access to any proof, so of course we cannot provide it. Acting like nobody giving you proof is proof that none exists is laughable. Can you prove the moon landing was real, or that we didn't attack ourselves on 9/11 (both are conspiracy theories that some believe), if not then I won't believe you.

Whether the NFL does or not, and whether they should or would share it with the world is another matter.

That isn't for the courts to decide though.

• Like 1

Or more accurately nobody here has access to any proof, so of course we cannot provide it. Acting like nobody giving you proof is proof that none exists is laughable. Can you prove the moon landing was real, or that we didn't attack ourselves on 9/11 (both are conspiracy theories that some believe), if not then I won't believe you.

Whether the NFL does or not, and whether they should or would share it with the world is another matter.

That isn't for the courts to decide though.

I'm not sure what point you are making?

Are you saying because the NFL and Goodell have declared Kraft/Brady/NE guilty that the sheep of America should simply accept them at their word? You may be happy being lead along by the nose having faith that those guys in power with all the money always speak the truth, but not me.

Are you saying that the NFL and Goodell have proof, but have chosen not to share it with the public? This seems very unlikely to me.

Personally I don't care if he is guilty or not, but I do believe that Goodell and the NFL should be required to produce solid evidence of guilt before administering punishment. The fact that Brady was probably generally aware that something was going on is pure conjecture and speculation and not conclusive/solid evidence. In addition, I think it is all much ado about nothing.

Are you saying because the NFL and Goodell have declared Kraft/Brady/NE guilty that the sheep of America should simply accept them at their word? You may be happy being lead along by the nose having faith that those guys in power with all the money always speak the truth, but not me.

Are you saying that the NFL and Goodell have proof, but have chosen not to share it with the public? This seems very unlikely to me.

Personally I don't care if he is guilty or not, but I do believe that Goodell and the NFL should be required to produce solid evidence of guilt before administering punishment. The fact that Brady was probably generally aware that something was going on is pure conjecture and speculation and not conclusive/solid evidence. In addition, I think it is all much ado about nothing.

what blitz said

My point is some of you guys are asking for other posters to provide proof Brady or the Pats are guilty, and the simple fact is we don't have proof. All we have is the official (Wells) report, and any number of other tidbits reported by the press. And when somebody cannot give you the proof then act like we're lying or that its proof they are all innocent.

You may as well ask me to show you a unicorn.

My point is some of you guys are asking for other posters to provide proof Brady or the Pats are guilty, and the simple fact is we don't have proof. All we have is the official (Wells) report, and any number of other tidbits reported by the press. And when somebody cannot give you the proof then act like we're lying or that its proof they are all innocent.

the wells report itself offers no proof and wells is paid to give the league the result they want......its why brady is fighting this...and wells is facing a law suit from the dolphins former offensive line coach......"tidbits reported to the press"....you mean like the false report made by mortensen many months ago? like the tweet he recently deleted? did they ever make an attempt to clear up that false report?

Yeah so the problem when you start to affect a man's livelihood with things you can't prove is that we get into the territory of slander and libel. Once that happens, you'll be headed to court - and now we see that a Miami coach named in the first Wells report is doing just that.

I think the NFL is really good at entertainment - they should probably try and stick to that.

the wells report itself offers no proof and wells is paid to give the league the result they want......its why brady is fighting this...and wells is facing a law suit from the dolphins former offensive line coach......"tidbits reported to the press"....you mean like the false report made by mortensen many months ago? like the tweet he recently deleted? did they ever make an attempt to clear up that false report?

I'm not defending the Wells report or the NFL, just trying to explain asking your fellow huddlers to provide proof the Pats/Brady are guilty is dumb, since we don't have it.

I'm also not the NFL, I didn't make this decision, so I'm not going to try and justify or defend it. The courts now have this case, but I have a feeling their decision will not sit well with one group or another.

I do agree it would be better if the NFL was more transparent, had clearer policies and guidelines for punishment. And in general they didn't get into puishment for off field activity, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

• Like 1

It seems to me that only the Huddlers that are proclaiming that Kraft/NE/Brady are guilty are being asked to provide proof. And when asked for said proof they have yet to show where anybody has provided a single shred of solid evidence to support their claim.

It shouldn't matter what I think, why you think, what another Huddler thinks, what Wells thinks, what Goodell thinks, what anybody thinks ... it should matter what is truth based on solid evidence.

I think it is likely that Brady was involved in some way. But without some solid evidence to support my belief and to provide some idea of how involved he was I see no way he should be punished. But the Brady haters don't see it that way ... they are just gleeful that their hated nemesis is being punished ... it doesn't matter if the punishment is just or not.

Despite "deflate gate" and any other cheating he may have done or not done, Tom Brady is a top 10 all time Qb imo. Can you imagine if he had a wr like Moss for about 5 seasons like Peyton/Wayne/Harrison. Wow! I enjoyed the 23 td Moss/Brady 50td campaign and only the great ones can treat fans to that from time to time. (Peyton) I put Brady right up there with Peyton/Unitas/Brees/Favre/Starr etc.

Lots of greats also cheated and if he cheated I don't advocate that. However, from a skill level standpoint he's one of the most accurate passers ever. Were balls under inflated for his whole career? Doubtful.