[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First place team trade with last place

NEPats

Fwiw, it doesn't matter to me if you've been here for a day or decade. If you post something on this board complaining about a trade made in your league, you're going to get some posts you don't like. Most here dont think trades should be vetoed. Cuz its dumb

No.

Using "that that" in a sentence is dumb, among many other that's.

It sucks for you, and it's definitely not equal IMO, but trades don't have to be fair or equal. As long as there is no collusion, it should stand.

The first place guy definitely was the winner IMO. Let me guess, his team probably looks close to this, huh:

14 team PPR

Brady

Gurley

Freeman

Miller

A. Brown

J. Jones

OBJ

Hopkins

Mike Wallace (he he heh :thinking: )

Gronk

Gostkowski

Seahawks DST

Fair enough. I will agree that I am contributing to a problem...complaining about something that isn't going to change.

I'll make you a deal, If the so called elders will stop clicking on threads just be snotty to the OP, I will stop calling them narcissistic.

How about if people use a little thought before posting some of this nonsense? Maybe after you've been here for a few years and seen a hundred of these threads a season (pushing others down the page) you'll understand the complaints by the elders. I was a newb here at one time and would think sometimes the vets were tough on people (and that was before some of the real hard liners left). But this constant of stupid posts asking if a trade is fair get really old. Every once in a while there is one worth actually discussing (the commish who wouldn't approve the agreed trade for Lacy after he was demoted), but most are just sourt grapes by somebody who feels they're screwed by any trade.

• Like 1

Make a better trade offer yourself next time or just stop whining. So tired of the "is this fair" stuff, especially with trades that are not that lopsided.

Why did it have to be you, Fredo? You broke my heart.

How about if people use a little thought before posting some of this nonsense? Maybe after you've been here for a few years and seen a hundred of these threads a season (pushing others down the page) you'll understand the complaints by the elders. I was a newb here at one time and would think sometimes the vets were tough on people (and that was before some of the real hard liners left). But this constant of stupid posts asking if a trade is fair get really old. Every once in a while there is one worth actually discussing (the commish who wouldn't approve the agreed trade for Lacy after he was demoted), but most are just sourt grapes by somebody who feels they're screwed by any trade.

I absolutely get that you guys have seen years of this and are fed up. My point is what is being accomplished by responding with snark to someone that will probably just disappear? Not responding at all seems a lot easier and doesn't make anyone look bad. Plus, that way you aren't taking years of frustration out on someone who just made an account to ask something that is bothering them. I obviously am in the minority in that assessment, and don't expect that anything will change, but I said what I had to say.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

But not everybody blasted the guy, about half gave legit answers. As somebody else said, think of it more like a locker room than a support group. I was a lurker here for years before I started posting, so I knew what I was in for. I stepped on some toes, I had my beefs, but over time I came to understand and get along (with most).

There is no way to say if a trade is really fair, but all these people think they aren't (when they're usually not that lopsided) and are just looking for confirmation.

• Like 1

Why did it have to be you, Fredo? You broke my heart.

I absolutely get that you guys have seen years of this and are fed up. My point is what is being accomplished by responding with snark to someone that will probably just disappear? Not responding at all seems a lot easier and doesn't make anyone look bad. Plus, that way you aren't taking years of frustration out on someone who just made an account to ask something that is bothering them. I obviously am in the minority in that assessment, and don't expect that anything will change, but I said what I had to say.

BNS, let me give you a piece of advice. Take it or leave it. Just sit back and watch for a little while. Post all you want too but there are things going on that you will see after a while that you don't see now. There are also things you will understand that you don't now. You're getting all wound up about stuff and there is more to what meets the eye and less, much less. Trust me on this. Your missing the show because your too busy missing the show. Sit back and eat your popcorn for a bit. There's football talk, banter, and just plain nonsense. You're getting caught up in the nonsense.

For example, the Dez thread wasn't at all what you think it was.

Edited by Cowboyz1

But not everybody blasted the guy, about half gave legit answers. As somebody else said, think of it more like a locker room than a support group. I was a lurker here for years before I started posting, so I knew what I was in for. I stepped on some toes, I had my beefs, but over time I came to understand and get along (with most).

There is no way to say if a trade is really fair, but all these people think they aren't (when they're usually not that lopsided) and are just looking for confirmation.

I absolutely agree, and looking back at it, what flemingd said wasn't bad enough to warrant the ensuing implosion. It was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I stand by everything I said regarding treating everyone with respect, but could have chosen the battle better, as it really wasn't a good example of the level of disrespect that I was railing against. Funny enough, his response actually was up to that level, and definitely led to me taking it further than I would have otherwise, but I digress. I understand saying things in the heat of the moment. I hope and trust that he didn't mean what he said about people here not giving a taco about other's leagues, as that is kind of what these forums are all about.

BNS, let me give you a piece of advice. Take it or leave it. Just sit back and watch for a little while. Post all you want too but there are things going on that you will see after a while that you don't see now. There are also things you will understand that you don't now. You're getting all wound up about stuff and there is more to what meets the eye. Trust me on this. Your missing the show because your too busy missing the show. Sit back and eat your popcorn for a bit. There's football talk, banter, and just plain nonsense. You're getting caught up in the nonsense.

For example, the Dez thread wasn't at all what you think it was.

I appreciate the advice. Whether I am able to take it remains to be seen. Apparently, I am quick to take bait, but I don't see that changing anytime soon, especially when it comes to someone applauding behavior that I think is ruining not only a sport that I love, but basically the world in general. May be a shortcoming, but it is what it is. Either way, you tried, and I appreciate it considering I quoted you in my signature for a couple of days.

I absolutely agree, and looking back at it, what flemingd said wasn't bad enough to warrant the ensuing implosion. It was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I stand by everything I said regarding treating everyone with respect, but could have chosen the battle better, as it really wasn't a good example of the level of disrespect that I was railing against. Funny enough, his response actually was up to that level, and definitely led to me taking it further than I would have otherwise, but I digress. I understand saying things in the heat of the moment. I hope and trust that he didn't mean what he said about people here not giving a taco about other's leagues, as that is kind of what these forums are all about.

Glad to see you're open-minded enough to try to understand other peoples' points of view. You might just stick around here.

No, I don't give a manure about your league insofar as Joe traded with Rob and you're butthurt over the fact you have a different opinion of the players involved. Literally could not care less about that and don't want to read about that. There's an advice section for that.

If you're discussing what Trey Williams' skill set is, and if he's a good fit for the Dunbar role, and if Dallas is likely to put him to use right away, you're clearly trying to help "your" team, but there is also a lot of value to the general board population in this discussion. That's a whole different conversation that "is Trey Williams a better roster stash than Winston Guy, I don't know if I should do that". We don't give a manure who you stash. If we did, we'd be over in the advice column looking to dish out our opinions to those asking. Even mean ol' Elder flemingd does that occasionally.

Your thread about transaction thread is another good example of what does have value here. It's not really about "your" league, as much as it's about types of leagues which leads to management styles within them. This is a fantasy football forum and it's not possible to decouple most discussions from some facet of "your team", we all realize that and we all tolerate it in some fashion. We're all here to make "our teams" better, after all. That's the whole point of being here.

Glad to see you're open-minded enough to try to understand other peoples' points of view. You might just stick around here.

No, I don't give a taco about your league insofar as Joe traded with Rob and you're butthurt over the fact you have a different opinion of the players involved. Literally could not care less about that and don't want to read about that. There's an advice section for that.

If you're discussing what Trey Williams' skill set is, and if he's a good fit for the Dunbar role, and if Dallas is likely to put him to use right away, you're clearly trying to help "your" team, but there is also a lot of value to the general board population in this discussion. That's a whole different conversation that "is Trey Williams a better roster stash than Winston Guy, I don't know if I should do that". We don't give a taco who you stash. If we did, we'd be over in the advice column looking to dish out our opinions to those asking. Even mean ol' Elder flemingd does that occasionally.

Your thread about transaction thread is another good example of what does have value here. It's not really about "your" league, as much as it's about types of leagues which leads to management styles within them. This is a fantasy football forum and it's not possible to decouple most discussions from some facet of "your team", we all realize that and we all tolerate it in some fashion. We're all here to make "our teams" better, after all. That's the whole point of being here.

Ok, but those types of threads don't get moved to Advice. I agree that would almost solve the issue, as most of the time, threads over there cycle to the bottom within 10 minutes or so, and it would get buried until the OP bumped it. Since they don't get moved however, and since you profess to not want to read them anyway, why not ignore them? Wouldn't it be more effective to illustrate that those posts get no feedback rather than pad the replies with ridicule?

Guys FWIW I've been an active member here since 2004. Post a little here and there and try to help when I can. Doesn't bother me one bit if there are some on here that refuse to give a constructive answer - because I know there are plenty of you that will. So I'm certainly not a newb that just created an account to post this - was just throwing it out there for discussion.

I never said the trade should be vetoed - or it was collusion. Simply wanted to bring up the scenario of a 1-8 team that won't make the playoffs trading with the first place team. For the 4 or 5 other teams in our league battling for first place - it was viewed as "bad form". This is a fairly competitive $500 buy in league - so clearly people are going to be butt-hurt. Just curious if anyone else had experienced similar situations - but no need to beat this one to death. Carry on.

Guys FWIW I've been an active member here since 2004. Post a little here and there and try to help when I can. Doesn't bother me one bit if there are some on here that refuse to give a constructive answer - because I know there are plenty of you that will. So I'm certainly not a newb that just created an account to post this - was just throwing it out there for discussion.

I never said the trade should be vetoed - or it was collusion. Simply wanted to bring up the scenario of a 1-8 team that won't make the playoffs trading with the first place team. For the 4 or 5 other teams in our league battling for first place - it was viewed as "bad form". This is a fairly competitive $500 buy in league - so clearly people are going to be butt-hurt. Just curious if anyone else had experienced similar situations - but no need to beat this one to death. Carry on.

Too late, I'm afraid.

I honestly had to go look at the OP to believe that you were them. I don't know if I just selectively blocked out that you weren't new or if the thread just felt like the OP was new, and I never looked, but I can honestly say that it probably wouldn't have mattered at that moment. Either way, you are only a few posts from a thousand, so you probably didn't need me blowing up your thread defending new people. Sorry about that.

Ok, but those types of threads don't get moved to Advice. I agree that would almost solve the issue, as most of the time, threads over there cycle to the bottom within 10 minutes or so, and it would get buried until the OP bumped it. Since they don't get moved however, and since you profess to not want to read them anyway, why not ignore them? Wouldn't it be more effective to illustrate that those posts get no feedback rather than pad the replies with ridicule?

I don't agree with flemingd (and neither do the mods or site owner in my opinion) that those things are advice questions that is why they are not moved.

I agree that people should just skip stuff if they're not interested in reading. But the obvious "should I do this trade (start whoever, etc)" advice questions will get hammered by some and eventually moved by the admin Big John. I do it sometimes and I might even be nasty if I saw the same post earlier and it was already moved to advice.

And most of the "is this trade fair" questions are hard to answer. We are presented with one side, the OP will paint the parties as colluding (after all they're husband and wife) or the trade is way lopsided. If we don't know the rosters and scoring system its hard to say. Even then the people in the league are probably best suited to decide if it is fair. So what happens if we agree it is unfair, will the OP send it to their league, the commish or whoever as evidence or proof?

It feels like people think the Huddle Forums (and any where else this goes on) are some form of aribatrator. We are not, if people cheat in your league deal with it somehow. Have rules preventing trading, move up the deadline if they trade at 1-8 to the 8-1 team. Don't have them back, etc. Problem is unless you really know they are cheating somehow, you're simply imposing your views of what is fair on them.

Funny thing is this place used to be way harsher! :boxing: That was before the mass purge of 2012. Every year a noob comes in here and throws their opinion around with little insight into the history here and with maybe not a ton of respect for those who've been around these parts awhile. Then they either figure it out over time or end of bailing...or being banned. Rince, wash, and repeat. :pop:

Hell, I used to get wound up about conversations on The Tailgate back in the 2002-2003 era when H8 and a few others were still in the house! I've grown way past that now but then again, 13 years of "maturing" will do that for ya.

Edited by Trojanmojo
  • Like 1

Funny thing is this place used to be way harsher! :boxing: That was before the mass purge of 2012. Every year a noob comes in here and throws their opinion around with little insight into the history here and with maybe not a ton of respect for those who've been around these parts awhile. Then they either figure it out over time or end of bailing...or being banned. Rince, wash, and repeat. :pop:

Hell, I used to get wound up about conversations on The Tailgate back in the 2002-2003 era when H8 and a few others were still in the house! I've grown way past that now but then again, 13 years of "maturing" will do that for ya.

Yep... You nailed it you momo!! :wink:
  • Like 1

It sounds like I'm glad that I am a post-purge noob then. This may sound hypocritical to those of you whose respect I haven't earned, but I do believe that respect has to be earned, regardless of age, race , creed, or time as a Huddle member. I do try to give the benefit of the doubt until someone proves that they don't deserve it, but being new isn't going to stop me from saying to someone just because they have been here for years if I feel like they are out of line. That may be a bad policy, and I am assuredly out of line for getting bent over other people's threads if they don't have a problem getting the treatment themselves, but I haven't been able to control it for 37 years, and I can't promise that it will change anytime soon.

I am not surprised that someone called H8 was ruffling some feathers.

You don't have to respect everybody but you do have to understand that those who have been here for years have seen what goes on here, while you haven't. They know the trend of seeing one stupid topic after another posted. Believe it or not the advice forum used to have some really good stuff, most regulars won't bother spending much time over there. You see so many new threads every day with people needing help setting their entire line-up or some 6 way 20 player trade we're supposed to offer input on.

You don't have to promise to change, but if you continue down the "you guys gotta change" route you'll be worse off than just letting it go. If somebody gives you grief, by all means fire back. But jumping to the defense of "is this a fair trade" posters isn't going to be very popular with most. Even the more rational and less abrasive posters.

• Like 1

This ain't no stinkin support group. You should think of it more as a locker room. People are gonna talk $hit and poke fun. Expect snark. Expect sarcasm. Expect a 'dry your effin tears' mentality. If you aren't offering legit football discussion, this is what will go down in your thread.

This is perfect, not an over analysis as the rest of this post has turned into.

You don't have to respect everybody but you do have to understand that those who have been here for years have seen what goes on here, while you haven't. They know the trend of seeing one stupid topic after another posted. Believe it or not the advice forum used to have some really good stuff, most regulars won't bother spending much time over there. You see so many new threads every day with people needing help setting their entire line-up or some 6 way 20 player trade we're supposed to offer input on.

You don't have to promise to change, but if you continue down the "you guys gotta change" route you'll be worse off than just letting it go. If somebody gives you grief, by all means fire back. But jumping to the defense of "is this a fair trade" posters isn't going to be very popular with most. Even the more rational and less abrasive posters.

I agree with you on the advice forum. It took me less than half a season to find out it is all but useless.

I agree with you on the advice forum. It took me less than half a season to find out it is all but useless.

I dont think its useless. It depends how you approach it. I post to gain an insight i may not have considered. BUT, i don't take anything as gospel. I dont use other's opinions to negate my roster decisions. I also dont take it personal if someone answers in a smart a** fashion...

I think some post thinking they are getting gospel or tea leaf readings, then get upset if said advise is incorrect.

People have to be responsible for their own team...period.

Honestly, i was starting to think many of these fair trade post were spam. I typically disagree with trade vetos. I believe if its collusion, the league managers would decide that.

We are all here for the love of the game. We have a shared interest. But, if i post something stupid or out of line...please feel free to beat me up some...lol

Edited by awesomebench