[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First place team trade with last place

NEPats

Fair enough. I will agree that I am contributing to a problem...complaining about something that isn't going to change.

I'll make you a deal, If the so called elders will stop clicking on threads just be snotty to the OP, I will stop calling them narcissistic.

While I understand your intent, why not let the forum police handle any issues instead of just trying to create more by calling others out? Think you may be taking things a little to personally overall after the whole Dez Bryant thread.

As with anything there is always room for improvement, but this is far from the worst forums out there.

Just my :2cents:

• Like 1

While I understand your intent, why not let the forum police handle any issues instead of just trying to create more by calling others out? Think you may be taking things a little to personally overall after the whole Dez Bryant thread.

As with anything there is always room for improvement, but this is far from the worst forums out there.

Just my :2cents:

I hear you, and appreciate your opinion. I am sure that I am taking it too seriously, but assure you that it doesn't have anything to do with the Dez Bryant thread. That guy rubbed me the wrong way defending Dez, and we had our words, and that is done.

This actually seems like a much bigger issue to me. It seems almost institutional that some people who have been here a while feel like it's their responsibility to make new posters look/feel stupid. I have no issue with people calling me out for bad behavior, because I'm not going to stop calling other people out for bad behavior. You can look at it as me trying to be the forum police if you want to. I can see why you would, but to me, it's about calling people out for being disrespectful. If you want this to be a great forum, then it seems like the best way to get there is to respect each other, and regardless of time here, if you don't respect others, why would you expect to be treated any differently.

I don't swear at anyone, and I try not to be too offensive, but I'm going to call it like I see it.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

I love how anyone in these forums with over a thousand posts immediately becomes the judge of who should and shouldn't be allowed to post here.

There is this magical tool that forum elders all must use to click on every link and then one cult representative must respond to that thread regardless it they have any intention of being helpful or not.

If you don't like the thread, why click on it? It you aren't going to be helpful, why respond? It's called narcissism, and it looks good on nobody.

Edit: I know that in this case, most of you left legitimate responses to a seemingly unnecessary thread. This is mainly for phlem up there with the fake avatar, but he's ignoring me anyway, so this is most likely narcissism as well, but it gets old watching self appointed thread judges never contribute anything. I'll get off my soapbox now.

You create a tongue-in-cheek thread about a punter then get butt-hurt because I make a tongue-in-cheek reply which you fail to recognize as such and just assume I'm some crotchety old-timer. It's ironic that you have posted nothing but drivel since you got here yet see yourself fit to judge the 1% of my posting history that you've seen - and create that much more drivel in the process. And before you ask (because that's what kiddies do) yes, I do have you on ignore, I simply saw your post from someone's quote above so chose to respond to it.

This is the Fantasy Football forum. Not the "What should I do" forum, not the "How to solve your league problems" forum. It's not even the "Will anyone come to my birthday party?" forum. That crap belongs somewhere else (preferably on Yahoo somewhere). People seem to think that this is Facebook, that somehow people here give a taco about "your" league. News flash - we don't.

You're damn right I'm going to complain about people posting in the Fantasy Football forums when it's not about Fantasy Football. If someone wants to discuss Josh Norman's impact on Julio in the playoffs I'm interested. Posting about who might be the real RB to own in Denver, or who the best handcuff for Forte is? Sure. Talking about coaching status/changes and the impact they might have on Fantasy Football? Bring it on. Heck we can even debate what are good rules, formats, and systems to run in FF leagues. But if all someone is gonna do is come in here and bitch like a 12 year old because someone made a trade that makes them harder to beat, well they can pound sand.

Edited by flemingd
  • Like 3

You create a tongue-in-cheek thread about a punter then get butt-hurt because I make a tongue-in-cheek reply which you fail to recognize as such and just assume I'm some crotchety old-timer. It's ironic that you have posted nothing but drivel since you got here yet see yourself fit to judge the 1% of my posting history that you've seen - and create that much more drivel in the process. And before you ask (because that's what kiddies do) yes, I do have you on ignore, I simply saw your post from someone's quote above so chose to respond to it.

This is the Fantasy Football forum. Not the "What should I do" forum, not the "How to solve your league problems" forum. It's not even the "Will anyone come to my birthday party?" forum. That crap belongs somewhere else (preferably on Yahoo somewhere). People seem to think that this is Facebook, that somehow people here give a taco about "your" league. News flash - we don't.

You're damn right I'm going to complain about people posting in the Fantasy Football forums when it's not about Fantasy Football. If someone wants to discuss Josh Norman's impact on Julio in the playoffs I'm interested. Posting about who might be the real RB to own in Denver, or who the best handcuff for Forte is? Sure. Talking about coaching status/changes and the impact they might have on Fantasy Football? Bring it on. Heck we can even debate what are good rules, formats, and systems to run in FF leagues. But if all someone is gonna do is come in here and bitch like a 12 year old because someone made a trade that makes them harder to beat, well they can pound sand.

he called you phlegm :lol:

Wow..I couldn't have made my point any stronger myself. Thanks for that, and on behalf of all of the mortals, we are sorry that we disturbed you up on Mount Narcissist Much.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

Thanks for replies. Sry if it was stupid. Last place team is 1-8 and wont make playoffs. That's my only issue but maybe it's sour grapes.

I'm sorry for hijacking your thread man. The trade isn't as bad as you think that it is, but you shouldn't have to apologize for posting it. If people aren't going to provide constructive criticism, they shouldn't respond to the thread.

Suh - stop trying to analyze and just contribute - or are you going to be one of the thousands that come here, tell us all how dysfunctional this forum is, and then never be heard from again?

Stop using generalities - if you have a problem with some of the posters here, tough sh!t. We all have problems with others, but don't spend so much time picking on the sore as you are. Give it a rest.

• Like 3

Suh - stop trying to analyze and just contribute - or are you going to be one of the thousands that come here, tell us all how dysfunctional this forum is, and then never be heard from again?

Stop using generalities - if you have a problem with some of the posters here, tough sh!t. We all have problems with others, but don't spend so much time picking on the sore as you are. Give it a rest.

Spoken like a true Elder...you guys going to vote me off the island if I don't keep my mouth shut? Look, I don't want to be the squeaky wheel, but if nobody stands up to these people then this will become Yahoo and everyone will just throw respect out the window. You are not better because you were here first, and as a public forum, everyone deserves respect. If you don't agree with that, you are part of the problem.

Who is voting who off the island? What are you even talking about? Who is claiming to be better?

You have an issue with one person, you have an issue with everyone here? You don't like how someone responds to a post and it's your job to be some form of forum police or on-line forum ethics officer?

If you want to be a hallway monitor, go for it. This place is not Yahoo, but it's filled with yahoo's who come in from time to time to criticize more than they contribute. You must be one of those types, but I'm assuming you're not.

Where I come from - you command respect, and don't demand respect. If you want a seat at the kid's table, just keep down the path you're on and complain more than contribute.

Who is voting who off the island? What are you even talking about? Who is claiming to be better?

You have an issue with one person, you have an issue with everyone here? You don't like how someone responds to a post and it's your job to be some form of forum police or on-line forum ethics officer?

If you want to be a hallway monitor, go for it. This place is not Yahoo, but it's filled with yahoo's who come in from time to time to criticize more than they contribute. You must be one of those types, but I'm assuming you're not.

Where I come from - you command respect, and don't demand respect. If you want a seat at the kid's table, just keep down the path you're on and complain more than contribute.

Now you are just being deliberately dense. This is one thread out of many where people have been ridiculed for posting threads that others feel are stupid. You know it as well as I do. No one is being forced to respond to these threads, but they do anyway, and their goal to show the OP that they are stupid. If the thread is stupid, then don't reply to it. That's all I was trying to say. You trying to make me the villain and calling me the hallway monitor is just further condescension. You don't think there is an issue because you are part of the problem. Hall monitor...the moderators can't say anything about disrespect unless it crosses into territory covered by the terms and conditions, but that doesn't mean that I can't. This is me shining a light at condescension and disrespect. If you have a problem with it, what does that say about you?

Spoken like a true Elder...you guys going to vote me off the island if I don't keep my mouth shut? Look, I don't want to be the squeaky wheel, but if nobody stands up to these people then this will become Yahoo and everyone will just throw respect out the window. You are not better because you were here first, and as a public forum, everyone deserves respect. If you don't agree with that, you are part of the problem.

I don't usually look to get involved in stupid things such as this argument, and as I am not a so called "forum elder" I realize your random vendetta doesn't pertain to me, but you claim you "don't want to be the squeaky wheel" and then proceed to go around "squeaking" at anything and everything you can. I don't know if in your mind you're some sort of Robin Hood, but there have been thousands of people that come through these forums and nobody seems to have a problem with other people here until you randomly start arguments. Let me know if I'm "part of the problem" and I'll try to change my behavior, but it seems to me that you're just looking for an argument.

Also to the OP I don't think there is anything wrong with the trade. As Howboutthemcowboys mentioned, there is a penalty for coming in last place so I don't see any reason for the last place team to phone it in and give up on his/her team.

Edited by willswear3
  • Like 1

Now you are just being deliberately dense. This is one thread out of many where people have been ridiculed for posting threads that others feel are stupid. You know it as well as I do. No one is being forced to respond to these threads, but they do anyway, and their goal to show the OP that they are stupid. If the thread is stupid, then don't reply to it. That's all I was trying to say. You trying to make me the villain and calling me the hallway monitor is just further condescension. You don't think there is an issue because you are part of the problem. Hall monitor...the moderators can't say anything about disrespect unless it crosses into territory covered by the terms and conditions, but that doesn't mean that I can't. This is me shining a light at condescension and disrespect. If you have a problem with it, what does that say about you?

Sorry bud, but you are on the path of a long slow death here on the Huddle forums. I have seen it many times before and will likely see it many more times as well. Turn the attitude around and you might just make it. But as of right now, you are only digging yourself a deeper and deeper and deeper hole. Good luck with getting out of it. Hope you brought a very long ladder.

• Like 1

Sorry bud, but you are on the path of a long slow death here on the Huddle forums. I have seen it many times before and will likely see it many more times as well. Turn the attitude around and you might just make it. But as of right now, you are only digging yourself a deeper and deeper and deeper hole. Good luck with getting out of it. Hope you brought a very long ladder.

I'll be alright. The death won't be long. If this is truly a place where people can flat out disrespect new people because they don't approve of their thread, then it isn't somewhere that I want to be anyway. It is too bad that the guy who is calling out the the ones doing the disrespecting is seen as the problem, and the one whose attitude needs to be turned around, but we wouldn't want to upset the status quo.

I'll be alright. The death won't be long. If this is truly a place where people can flat out disrespect new people because they don't approve of their thread, then it isn't somewhere that I want to be anyway. It is too bad that the guy who is calling out the the ones doing the disrespecting is seen as the problem, and the one whose attitude needs to be turned around, but we wouldn't want to upset the status quo.

You haven't done much of anything except complain since you got here . :shrug:. At least 1 member has given you solid advice and you blew it off. Not sure what your point is
  • Like 1

You haven't done much of anything except complain since you got here . :shrug:. At least 1 member has given you solid advice and you blew it off. Not sure what your point is

I'm sorry that you see it as complaining, and can't see what my point is. The advice that I have been given is to not rock the boat, and I get that from your point of view as an old timer, that that is good advice, but that's kind of what I'm talking about. Y'all have this status quo that involves a great amount of good advice and discussion, but there is also a lot of disrespect when it comes to new people and threads that you don't feel like have valid questions. You can't deny it. I've heard it described here as hazing the new guys. Real speak though, it's just being mean when it isn't necessary. It is easier to say nothing than to say something meant to hurt. That was my point all along. If you all take yourselves so seriously that you can't take some criticism, and need to turn it around to make me look argumentative, and irrational, then that is what it is, and nothing that I say will change that. What this forum is, and how it treats people is ultimately up to you. If this makes one of you just say nothing rather than intentionally ridicule someone, then it will have been worth it.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

If people aren't going to provide constructive criticism, they shouldn't respond to the thread.

This ain't no stinkin support group. You should think of it more as a locker room. People are gonna talk $hit and poke fun. Expect snark. Expect sarcasm. Expect a 'dry your effin tears' mentality. If you aren't offering legit football discussion, this is what will go down in your thread.

• Like 3

You are ALL part of the damn problem!! Pull your pretty little lace panties out your ass, put on some big boy britches and focus...

....the CMix thread has fallen so far down I actually had to scroll a bit! #fantasyjesus

• Like 1