[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kaepernicks agent asking for permission to seek trade

AX2RUN

I'm going to go full on AX mode and correct you...Sherman didn't intercept it, he batted it to Malcolm Smith

Let me correct you there... I dont correct people. I just point out parts of their opinions that don't match mine and show them why it's wrong.

Yes - the Seahawks are so amazing. They have special ways of changing a man's path in life.

Conference championship game and San Fran probably wins the SB if they get there. The franchise and Kaeps career then took a quick trajectory downward.

But alas, yer little hard-on for me is always flattering.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Conference championship game and San Fran probably wins the SB if they get there. The franchise and Kaeps career then took a quick trajectory downward.

But alas, yer little hard-on for me is always flattering.

I agree Denver probably still would have lost to San Fran if the were there instead, but I don't think that would have changed much in the following years. If anything it may have accelerated the rash of retirements they faced. I do think Harbaugh would probably still be there.

Speculative and definitely debatable. SF brass was criticized for letting Harbaugh go. Not sure if you can let that happen to a coach who goes to back to back SBs and won one.

?

I think we are on the same page here, but there was a disconnect. I'm saying that had the 49ers won SB48 I believe he WOULD still be coaching the 49ers.

• 2 weeks later...

The more I hear stuff and digest on this, I think Kaepernick's people are basically saying he has the body/playing style to fit Chip's system but is lacking between the ears. Not sure if that's been discussed here, but I think the dude just doesn't have the mental capacity to keep up with the system.

The more I hear stuff and digest on this, I think Kaepernick's people are basically saying he has the body/playing style to fit Chip's system but is lacking between the ears. Not sure if that's been discussed here, but I think the dude just doesn't have the mental capacity to keep up with the system.

I think you're right bud...just not enough growth substance there. I was rooting for the kid because of how dynamic it looked like he could be.

there was a lengthy article a couple issues back in ESPN the Rag talking about the QBs in (I want to say 5 years and under) and one of the sources said Colin doesn't have the work ethic. He said that he didn't put in the work nor want to learn footwork that all the young guns have to get to where they are. They talked about Luck, Winston, CK, Carr, Bortles, Mariota...

there was a lengthy article a couple issues back in ESPN the Rag talking about the QBs in (I want to say 5 years and under) and one of the sources said Colin doesn't have the work ethic. He said that he didn't put in the work nor want to learn footwork that all the young guns have to get to where they are. They talked about Luck, Winston, CK, Carr, Bortles, Mariota...

No mention of the horrible work ethic of he who shall not be mentioned by Browns fans? (and who is still on the roster for some reason)

(and who is still on the roster for some reason)

He is still nice value at $1.1 million in 2016 , $1.5 million in 2017, and a club option for 2018. Look at the contracts that Brock Osweiler and Sam Bradford received. And the Browns are desperate for a quarterback. He is the perfect reclamation project for Hugh Jackson. If Manziel does turn it around, people will praise Jackson.

He is still nice value at $1.1 million in 2016 , $1.5 million in 2017, and a club option for 2018. Look at the contracts that Brock Osweiler and Sam Bradford received. And the Browns are desperate for a quarterback. He is the perfect reclamation project for Hugh Jackson. If Manziel does turn it around, people will praise Jackson.

He's done. They only reason they haven't cut him is because it doesn't cost him anything to hold. He's still got about $2M of guaranteed money from his rookie contract, so the Browns would have to eat that. Maybe the NFL suspends him and they get some free cap relief. Maybe someone tosses a 7th rounder at them and they get the pick and no dead money. Worst case nothing happens and they cut him later with zero additional consequences.

• Like 1

Yes - the Seahawks are so amazing. They have special ways of changing a man's path in life.

Well, it's unfortunate, but yeah, that's the result you gonna get.

He shouldn't have tried throwing to a sorry receiver like Crabtree...

Some Kaep-related tweets this morning:

Matt MaioccoVerified account @MaioccoCSN 9m9 minutes ago

Compensation for QB Colin Kaepernick has not yet been good enough for 49ers to make deal, source says. Broncos, Jets and Browns involved.

2) The 49ers likely want a second-round pick; Broncos may be willing to part with a third. The dance continues.

Some Kaep-related tweets this morning:

Matt MaioccoVerified account @MaioccoCSN 9m9 minutes ago

Compensation for QB Colin Kaepernick has not yet been good enough for 49ers to make deal, source says. Broncos, Jets and Browns involved.

2) The 49ers likely want a second-round pick; Broncos may be willing to part with a third. The dance continues.

Good luck, Niners, trying to squeeze anyone for a 2nd. It's obvious the guy is nothing more than a project at this point. You should take that 3rd and not look back.