[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU and USC should play for the championship

Originally posted by Trojanmojo:

[QB] The SEC and Big 12 have a better set up for conference championship games. The Pac 10 would really have to add 2 teams to make it work best. The Big 10 would probably have to add 1 more. I don't think either conference is really into them.[QB]

Isn't there a NCAA rule stating you need 12 teams to be eligible for a championship game?

Boilerduff:

Originally posted by Trojanmojo:

[QB] The SEC and Big 12 have a better set up for conference championship games. The Pac 10 would really have to add 2 teams to make it work best. The Big 10 would probably have to add 1 more. I don't think either conference is really into them.[QB]

Isn't there a NCAA rule stating you need 12 teams to be eligible for a championship game?

shrug

Sgt. Ryan:

Being humbled is what happened to Sooner Nation last night.  I was kicked while I was down, and I could take it without a single excuse.  Im not going to change my stripes.  Im going to talk more smack than ever now.  But unlike most OSU fans on this site, I dont need to make excuses and whine and cry.  My team has shown all yr they are the best in the country.  Last night they were humbled, but Im very confident that they will get their title shot, and win the Sugar Bowl handily.  I wont back down from that statement after another Big 12 team beat the mighty Sooners.  Ive said a million times already the Big 12 is the strongest in the land.  I dont back down from that comment either.  When OU beats LSU this will be proven for all to see.  KSU kicked our ass, Congrats to them and they will be rewarded with a trip to the Fiesta while the #5 team in the BCS Texas will be on the outside looking in.      thumbs_u

Please. The Sooners might score 10 on LSU if theyre lucky. I am not trying to pile on here as I imagine you are bummed out right now and appear to be reacting to the a*s-whipping like a man . . . and I respect your decision to wait until the game is played to whine and cry, but dont pretend the Sooners are better than LSU. When I am rocking the Superdome as LSU pours it on you have permission to begin whining and crying. At that point--the fourth quarter of the drubbing of the Sooners by LSU--you will not lose manhood by crying. We will all understand and I just want you to know it will be alright. We will not think less of you.

It will be a great game, but there wont be any crying in Sooner Nation win or lose. But I dont think we are going to have to show the country that as we wont lose that ball game.

This game is going to be a blowout, and LSU is going to get the wrath of whats being said about the Boys from Norman right now. I cant wait till Jan 4. It will be a hell of a ball game.

Now as a rocket scientist, polka needs to stick to what he knows best, and it is obviously not college football. Use the big brain and consider - why do the pollsters punish teams that lose late? I'll give you a few seconds....got it? In case you didn't - its because you should have your s-hit together in December, that's why!

Leinart is a much better QB now than in Week 4, but I'm not sure JWhite is now. Or is it just that KSU is much better than OU now? Either way, they lost the conference title game and as such, if this were a playoff, they'd be O-U-T of it! OU must love the BCS, because its the only reason they're playing in the Sugar, because OU's play Saturday was pitiful.

And USC will beat UM, no problem...

Sgt. Ryan:

... but there wont be any crying in Sooner Nation win or lose.

Hate to tell you Sarge, but I was at the BIG 12 Championship and I saw several Oklahoma fans crying. You'd think they would be woman or children but every one was a 20/30 something male. I don't see why those same people wouldn't cry if LSU beats them.

Kansas State 2000:

Coffeeman:

Really KSU?  That is hilarious!

It's true but I'll tell you every Oklahoma fan I meet or talked to was totally cool. They congratulated us and wished us good luck as I did them. Hell yeah KSU, us Big 8 ( the best conference, before Texas invaded) fans must stick together. I hope all the old Big 8 teams win their bowl games. But as for UT and TT i hope they LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coach DOWN WITH THE HORNS

SaintsFanUnfortunately:

Sarge, got to hand it to you.  Still cocky as ever, even though you had your @$$ wipped all over the field.  It is very arrogant for you to state today that the Sooners are going to blow out LSU.  I will see you in N'awlins baby with about 60,000 of my closest friends!  I can not think of anyone who deserves more to end the season with a 2 game losing streak. 

Ready to strap it on now,

Geaux Tigers!

Losing to another Big 12 team is one thing, as its the strongest conference in the country bar none, and yes even over the SEC. Tenn and Ga are nothing more than avg teams as we have seen this yr. Fla had 4 loss's on the yr and beat LSU by 12 in LA. This is going to be a blowout and the wrong 2 teams will prove to be at the Sugar. LSU doesnt belong and come ballgames end, winning the SEC this yr will prove to be nothing more than the 5th or 6th best team in the country in the final poll. Call me cocky, but I gave my props to KSU, and now its time to watch my boys come back and show the country once again why they were talked as one of the greatest teams of all time before they laid an egg last sat night. Just be here when LSU gets spanked as I was when OU was. wink

SaintsFanUnfortunately:

I am up with GMan all the way!!!!!!!  Thanks for the heated posts here, it has been entertaining!  If the goal of the BCS was to invoke passion and controversay, it would have hit its target.

Sarge, if that is humble, I would hate to see your cocky side, geez!

GO Wolverines and GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

thumbs_u

The real National Championship should be Michigan versus LSU. But since it isn't, I'll feel just as good when LSU spanks the Sooners and the Wolverines whip the Trojans. thumbs_u