[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl opening line

frenzal rhomb

Pats -7 is a gift.  No one should be giving Philly any credit for beating Minnesota.  Freddie Mitchell thought he was a superstar after posting 2 TDs (one was a fluke) and 65 yards on them.  Who doesn't put up numbers on Minny? 

And Atlanta just doesn't have the WRs to compete at that level.  why Atlanta didn't commit heavily to the run and play a field position game I'll never understand. 

NE shut down Indy with Wayne, Harrison, Stokley, and James.  Anyone think they'll be afraid of Westbrook, Mitchell, and Skinkston?

This game is over before it begins.  This one will be embarrassing for Philly.  They'll wish they never won the NFC championship.  And I'm no NE fan.

673469[/snapback]

For what it's worth, I agree as well with your sentiment. I wouldn't quite call it a "gift". What do you think the final score will be?

Slim

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, I agree as well with your sentiment. I wouldn't quite call it a "gift". What do you think the final score will be?

Slim

673675[/snapback]

Score? What score? There won't be a score. I heard local reports that the Eagles feel they are so outmatched by the Patriots that a forfeit will be announced by owner Jeffrey Lurie as early as this Friday. Everyone with tickets is going to be mighty disappointed. :D

i don't know that the pats "dominated" the pitt game.  total yards would tell a different story.  even in the first half i think the total yards were very close. 

It was 24-3 at halftime.

the difference, really, were roethlisberger's turnovers and the fact that the pats were able to hit on a couple big plays. 

673256[/snapback]

Isn't that the summary of a "domination"?

hey, if you wanna call a rookie QB making a couple horrible throws right into the arms of your DBs "domination", go ahead.

to ME, "domination" implies control of every facet of the game, time of possession, total control of the line of scrimmage, etc. domination is what the pats did to the colts, and, really, what the eagles did to the falcons. not what the steelers did to themselves.

the pats/steelers first half was more about effective opportunism than domination.

More reasons I love Phil +7 - everyone and their brother thinks NE-7 is a "gift" and is loving the Pats- AFC-NFC analysis- who cares, AFC is stronger, fine, given, Phil is rested, D is playing really well, run D, Trotter is blowin dudes up and secondary is playing really well - Indy game notwithstanding- I think the Pats D is very vulnerable, especially away from Foxboro. Phil will definitely have success thorwing the ball- Pats DB are brutal - as good as Manning is, McNabb is a gamer, and he will show up- BW? tough matchup- they got no answer for him out of the backfield, and even w/out TO- Lewis, Mitchell have stepped up - NE will move the ball, no question, - just think the line is off- game will be close- both kickers will be huge- I for one, hope the line goes up, up up. FYI- I am no die-hard Phiily fan either-

I live in Northampton, PA.  Just north of Allentown.  So about 60 miles north of Philly.  If it makes you feel better, Eskin is still a dink.

671698[/snapback]

Norhtampton huh? I take it you are a high school wrestling fan then ?

More reasons I love Phil +7 - everyone and their brother thinks NE-7 is a "gift" and is loving the Pats- AFC-NFC analysis- who cares, AFC is stronger, fine, given, Phil is rested, D is playing really well, run D, Trotter is blowin dudes up and secondary is playing really well - Indy game notwithstanding- I think the Pats D is very vulnerable, especially away from Foxboro.  Phil will definitely have success thorwing the ball- Pats DB are brutal - as good as Manning is, McNabb is a gamer, and he will show up- BW? tough matchup- they got no answer for him out of the backfield, and even w/out TO- Lewis, Mitchell have stepped up - NE will move the ball, no question, - just think the line is off- game will be close- both kickers will be huge-  I for one, hope the line goes up, up up. FYI- I am no die-hard Phiily fan either-

673857[/snapback]

Lewis and Mitchell have stepped up?? you call Lewis catching a 60 yard, underthrown bomb stepping up? You call Mitchell going for 2 catches and 30 yards against Atlanta stepping up? Philly won that game because Vick was helpless in finding his WRs and Atlanta wouldn't commit to the run and a field position game (which should have been their strategy going in). I'll give the Eagle D some credit but offensively they'll be helpless against NE. Pinkston, Mitchell and Lewis will be shut down one-on-one and that only leaves Westbrook for NE to focus on. McNabb better be willing to run in this one or they have no shot.

Final score: NE 30 Philly 13.

Anyone's book moving? The line is still 7 but now both sides are (-105), at least as far as my book goes.

Edit: I think the Pats' side was (-115) at some point. Or perhaps it was the Iggle side. I forget.

P.S. I have some cool prop bets I'm considering. Specifically:

1. Will a team score in the last 2 minutes of the first half (+200 for "no"). I think the teams will still be in a "feeling out" period. Brady won't be able to put together a successful 2-minute drill on the Eagle secondary. Ack. :D I just said "Brady" and "feeling out" in the same paragraph. UT's gonna start drooling.

2. First TD of the game will be non-passing (+170). I like Corey Dillon. In fact....

3. Corey Dillon to score first TD is 6-1. I like that! Other considerations: LJ Smith (15-1) and Fauria (30-1). Might throw 10 each on all three. B)

4. Will game be decided by exactly 3 points? It's +300. Sweet. Go Vinatieri.

Thoughts, considerations, random rumblings?

:D

Edited by darin3

Update: serious $ going on the Pats, according to my book. Not enough to adjust the spread, but the Pats, still at -7, are now a (-120), while the Eagles (+7) are even odds.

O/U is still 47.5.

:D Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Huddle degenerate gambler. :D

The standard juice at my book is -107. The line on the Patriots is -7 and has actually moved from -110 on Tuesday to -104 currently. If you want the Eagles +7 it's -110. The O/U is 47.5(-107).

There are a bunch of wierd prop bets as well, but they don't offer the individual player stat props like they used to. My guess is fantasy players like myself were killing them on those, and sometimes they were just too easy.