[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winslow's rehab not going well

Fatman

Has someone mentioned that Winslow is a soldier? He'll be back.

:D Always soldier on. Even with broken legs.

Edited by Kid Cid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a soldier.

774518[/snapback]

Now THERE'S an informative post. I've only read that three times in this thread, so far.

Keep up the good work, JJ!

774524[/snapback]

You have an excellent sense of humor. :D I guess we're not allowed to laugh at punk a$$ed kid like Winslow.  I guess I should've found a second opinion from another doctor on how he may recover from this injury.

774537[/snapback]

Did someone say "second opinion from another doctor"? O.K. Here it is---> "He's a soldier. He'll be fine!" :D

The kid's a punk , yes ....but I really think he'll fight back and become a very solid player. He thinks he's destined for greatness, and that can go along way when you have talent like he does. Not to mention the pressure being his dad's kid. He may not dominate this season, but in the next couple years he'll be a stud.

The kid's a punk , yes ....but I really think he'll fight back and become a very solid player.  He thinks he's destined for greatness, and that can go along way when you have talent like he does.  Not to mention the pressure being his dad's kid.  He may not dominate this season, but in the next couple years he'll be a stud.

775034[/snapback]

So, after he finished basic or his first tour?

It looks like Keggerz is hopping mad.

775015[/snapback]

lets just say that it hasnt been a good past 2 days of FF for one of my dynasty teams:

Why you ask??

My Squad(starters in a 16 team leagueFUSION):

HassleFAG(I think its all his fault for rubbing off)

Dillon

MFaulk(could be a flex pos)

Holt

Ward

Burlesson

Glenn

WINSLOW(MY ONLY TE that I paid a healthy ransome for last yr)

Freeney

Strahan

Ray Ray(aquired in the offseason for Marvin Harrison)

ARRINGTON

Thorton(aquired in urlacher deal)

Roy williams(oops traded him today in a deal that looks to have gone South Fast)

S Taylor

Demps(got him as part of the ROY deal)

IE: just traded urlacher yesterday....find out the Arrington news a few hours later

I then today find out about WINSLOW...then i trade a pillar from my def Roy williams for the rights to Pierce LB in NY but someone then upped his RFA BID TO ALOT!!!

and I have since changed my team name to

Gurney Jockeys

so the past few days has sucked as far as FF goes for me!

Edited by keggerz

lets just say that it hasnt been a good past 2 days of FF for one of my dynasty teams:

Why you ask??

My Squad(starters in a 16 team leagueFUSION):

HassleFAG(I think its all his fault for rubbing off)

Dillon

MFaulk(could be a flex pos)

Holt

Ward

Burlesson

Glenn

WINSLOW(MY ONLY TE that I paid a healthy ransome for last yr)

Freeney

Strahan

Ray Ray(aquired in the offseason for Marvin Harrison)

ARRINGTON

Thorton(aquired in urlacher deal)

Roy williams(oops traded him today in a deal that looks to have gone South Fast)

S Taylor

Demps(got him as part of the ROY deal)

IE: just traded urlacher yesterday....find out the Arrington news a few hours later

I then today find out about WINSLOW...then i trade a pillar from my def Roy williams for the rights to Pierce LB in NY but someone then upped his RFA BID TO ALOT!!!

and I have since changed my team name to

Gurney Jockeys

so the past few days has sucked as far as FF goes for me!

775189[/snapback]

Sorry, keggerz. :D Sounds like you need to give one of your stuffed bears a hug!

The somewhat credible profootballtalk.com had this Tuesday morning:

WINSLOW WASHED UP?

There are rumors floating around the league that Browns tight end Kellen Winslow might never completely become the player he was expected to be due that broken leg he suffered playing special teams early in the 2004 regular season.

Even if he eventually reaches his potential, word is that the injury might last longer than originally feared, jeopardizing his ability to contribute in 2005.

Winslow's season-ending injury caused shock waves through the agent community, because it prevented him from cashing in on an otherwise no-brainer incentive payment based on the achievement of minimum playing time in his rookie season.  His agents (the Postons) erred by dropping the 30 percent threshold in 2005 only; many rookie deals call for the payment to be made if the number is achieved in any one of multiple seasons.

___

Doesn't cite a source, but something to think about as we enter the summer.

774443[/snapback]

So does this mean that his wound IS or ISN'T a million dollar wound? I mean... if it's bad enough, he won't have to soldjah anymore... to me that's a million dollar wound. But now, if he can't soldjah anymore, doesn't he lose the million dollars making it a million dollar costing wound? I'm so confused? Can someone clear the fog of battle for me?

Soldiers always do.

774578[/snapback]

Always is a very long time. Do you remember Dimitrius Underwood? He's the first round bust for Denny Green and the Vikes. He showed up at TC wearing compat gear. I don't think that he's back from anything yet.

Always is a very long time.  Do you remember Dimitrius Underwood?  He's the first round bust for Denny Green and the Vikes.  He showed up at TC wearing compat gear.  I don't think that he's back from anything yet.

776212[/snapback]

I remember that guy he had some mental issues. Didn't he give it one last try with the Dolphins and then he tried to kill himself. Demi Moore wore combat gear in G.I. Jane but everyone knew that she wasn't a soldier. Underwood never called himself a soldier, he was merely acting out a fantasy.