[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN reports Redskins might try to move up

CaptainHook

They were implying that the trade with the Broncos was so that they had the picks to move up further in the draft.

I pretty much blasted them yesterday for the stupid trade they made withe the Broncos, but if they did it to move into the top 5, I will have to rethink it.

Edited by CaptainHook

They were implying that the trade with the Broncos was so that they had the picks to move up further in the draft.

I pretty much blasted them yesterday for the stupid trade they made withe the Broncos, but if they did it to move into the top 5, I will have to rethink it.

789304[/snapback]

Your right, if they trade both 1st round picks and probably a few other things, and move up to get Smith, then giving up 3 picks to move into the late 1st round with Denver was a smart move. Great point. :D

Edited by NAUgrad

The more I think about this trade, the more I don't get the Redskins or that rumor at all.

If they wanted to trade up to the top 5, why not negotiate with that team directly instead of using Denver as a middle man?

Ridiculous. Who at ESPN reported that nonsense?

First of all, #9 and #25 isn't nearly enough to move up to #1, and the Redskins don't have any attractive players to sweeten the deal (no, the 9ers don't need Arrington). Secondly, there's NO WAY the Redskins are targeting Alex Smith (or Jason Campbell, for that matter). How would either of those QBs help Gibbs win right away? Both of those QBs fall under the "Has Upside, Requires Patience" category.

How about the 9th & 25th picks and Patrick Ramsey for the 1st overall? Washington can take Alex Smith and get rid of a QB that Gibbs doesn't like for some reason. The 49ers could start to fill a few of the holes they have. Win Win. I wish.......never happen!

How about the 9th & 25th picks and Patrick Ramsey for the 1st overall? Washington can take Alex Smith and get rid of a QB that Gibbs doesn't like for some reason. The 49ers could start to fill a few of the holes they have. Win Win. I wish.......never happen!

789456[/snapback]

If that were the deal, it would be great for San Francisco. It sure would piss of Redskins fans, though. Nobody (except Gibbs, maybe) thinks Ramsey has been given a fair shot.