[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sitting 9th out of 10

6 points TD's from anyone, 1 pt every 10 yards rushed, received---------thoughts?

i am thinking, since RB's have been the flavor of 16 of 20 picks in our league that i may sng Moss and get a value RB after the turn----QB waits til 4th round at least----maybe 5th if i snag gonzo at 4th?

858662[/snapback]

I'll give you a very good tip....Don't fry bacon in the nude. :D

6 points TD's from anyone, 1 pt every 10 yards rushed, received---------thoughts?

i am thinking, since RB's have been the flavor of 16 of 20 picks in our league that i may sng Moss and get a value RB after the turn----QB waits til 4th round at least----maybe 5th if i snag gonzo at 4th?

858662[/snapback]

If Lewis falls you grab him before taking Moss. Moss may be there for you at 12. If you MUST take Moss first, you better hope a guy like Davis is there for you at 12.

The 6 Pt TD leagues I've been in have been fine as far as QB's are concerned later on. For example, Plummer's fallen to the ninth round, Green to the seventh, etc. After the big three (and Vick for some reason...but I'm the most anti-Vick person out there), the QBs tend to tail off. There's value to be had late, so you can get decent recievers, a good TE, and a backup RB before your QB.

If you can get a top tier receiver and Lamont Jordan on the way back up in the 2nd round I would do that

858686[/snapback]

That is a fantastic sigline you got there, but your advice here is wacky. I would be poopin' my pants if Jordan was my #1 RB. He is the poster boy for a #2 RB. Great upside, but if he has to carry my RB corps, I'd be in serious doo-doo.

A Rome reference AND then this.  Now I like you even less. :D

858712[/snapback]

Actually it's a Rome-referencing-Auburn-reference, but who's counting? :D

But you're right, that sort of crap can stay on the radio.

:D

This coming from a HUGH Rome fan, too.

That is a fantastic sigline you got there, but your advice here is wacky.  I would be poopin' my pants if Jordan was my #1 RB.  He is the poster boy for a #2 RB.  Great upside, but if he has to carry my RB corps, I'd be in serious doo-doo.

858710[/snapback]

Mark my words on Jordan. He wont lose TDs to Crockett .Moss and Porter will spread the field and Jordan will post gaudy fantasy numbers. A non rbbc is hard to come by. At the 15th pick in the draft what kind of #1 back will be there that will post better numbers than Jordan?

do alot of people think jordan in #2 is good--i think that guy wil go well under radar and i can snag him in 4 or 5---

858692[/snapback]

He wont be there in the 4th or 5th round..No chance..Look at the 2 mocks on the homepage .He didnt see round 3 in either one..

Edited by whomper

Mark my words on Jordan. He wont lose TDs to Crockett .Moss and Porter will spread the field and Jordan will post gaudy fantasy numbers. A non rbbc is hard to come by. At the 15th pick in the draft what kind of #1 back will be there that will post better numbers than Jordan?

858730[/snapback]

Believe me, I love Jordan. I took him as my RB2 in one Huddle Mock, and would be very comfortable with him as my RB2. I agree that Crockett won't vulture TDs, but I'm worried about yards with Jordan. This team's gonna pass a TON. I don't see many 100+ yard games. I'd see an average of 70-80 yards a game, which just isn't "sexy" enough for a RB1, IMO.

Plus, I believe the originator of this thread is in a 10-team league, in which case he'd be getting the #12 pick on the way back, not the #15. That said, he could conceivably grab Moss with the #9, although Moss SHOULD be available at #12... but if he does pick Moss #9, he could find the likes of K. Jones, CuMar, perhaps even J. Jones at #12. I'd rather have one of them as RB1, personally.

Believe me, I love Jordan.  I took him as my RB2 in one Huddle Mock, and would be very comfortable with him as my RB2.  I agree that Crockett won't vulture TDs, but I'm worried about yards with Jordan.  This team's gonna pass a TON.  I don't see many 100+ yard games.  I'd see an average of 70-80 yards a game, which just isn't "sexy" enough for a RB1, IMO. 

Plus, I believe the originator of this thread is in a 10-team league, in which case he'd be getting the #12 pick on the way back, not the #15.  That said, he could conceivably grab Moss with the #9, although Moss SHOULD be available at #12... but if he does pick Moss #9, he could find the likes of K. Jones, CuMar, perhaps even J. Jones at #12.  I'd rather have one of them as RB1, personally.

858735[/snapback]

I thought he was in a 12 team league but I still love Jordan..If he ends his holdout or whatever the hell he is doing and you want to go top WR first round I would do something like.T.O then Jordan..I agree there are some guys out there that on paper look like a more logical choice but this guy is going to break out. I feel it in my bones..He has a nose for the endzone.Decent hands and runs very hard..

Edited by whomper

I thought he was in a 12 team league but I still love Jordan..If he ends his holdout or whatever the hell he is doing and you want to go top WR first round I would do something like.T.O then Jordan..I agree there are some guys out there that on paper look like a more logical choice but this guy is going to break out. I feel it in my bones..He has a nose for the endzone.Decent hands and runs very hard..

858743[/snapback]

I will not draft any player early based on the fact that your bones "feel it" :D

I will not draft any player early based on the fact that your bones "feel it" :D

858773[/snapback]

He wont be there in the 3rd round..Hes not a sleeper..

Edited by whomper

He wont be there in the 3rd round..Hes not a sleeper..

858777[/snapback]

Based on the originator's question (read 10 team league) Lamont will be available in the 3rd round. :D

Based on the originator's question (read 10 team league) Lamont will be available in the 3rd round. :D

858779[/snapback]

:D

If you go by the 2 mocks on the homepage as a point of reference available to us now he would not be there with the 9 pick in the 3rd round which is what this guy has.

FWIW. I think it will be very very close. 10 teams with 6 points for all TDs. This puts an emphasis on QBs as the top QBs throw for 30+ TDs a year as opposed to the tier 3 RBs getting 5 TDs per year. Therefore, the top QBs are at a premium and will go earlier than #3 RBs because the difference between a teir #2 and and tier #3 QB could be 10+ TDs as opposed to the difference between the TD production of a Tier #2 and tier 3 RB of maybe 5 TDs. By the time this guys 3.9 pick (29th overall) comes around the top 3 WRs will be gone and at least 8 QBs will be gone or 11 picks of the possible 30 picks. If Lamont is around the 18th RB taken then there should be around 17 ir 18 RBs gone leaving Lamont (hopefully).

Edited by Pancake

858773[/snapback]

That could be the early stages of osteoporosis. Drink some milk and post here in the morning.