[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

your greatest FF team ever?

jjpro11

what was the greatest fantasy team you ever had? whether you won it all or got unlucky and lost at the end.. list it anyways. also please mention if you were in a league with a bunch of duds or just got lucky and guys broke through that year.

my best team was the 2003 season.. i wasnt with the best competition, but got some gems that year. 8 man league, i won it all.

start 2 qbs, 2 rbs, 3 wrs, 1 te, 1d, 1k

manning (huge year), hasselbeck (breakthrough year)

holmes (record tds), lewis (2000+ rushing yds)

moss (huge year), chad johnson (really broke through), mason (good year)

i just remembered.. i had bubba frank.

im not 100% sure about my kicker either.. im pretty sure i had longwell though.

new england d (monster year)

that was one fun team to have and watch every week. :D

Edited by jjpro11

In 2002 I dominated with the best set of WRs that year. I lost to my little brother in the superbowl :D

QBs

Marc Bulger - took over for Warner and lit it up but got hurt in the first play of my superbowl week!

Tom Brady

RBs

Ahman Green - stud year

Eddie George

Charlie Garner - last good year he had

WRs

Marvin Harrison

Hines Ward - breakout year with 12 TDs

Chad Johnson - caught fire at end of season

TE

Randy McMichael

K

Jason Elam

DEF

Dolphins

It was about 10 years ago, I think it was late 1996, the first year of my main league.

In the third round, I needed a running back, and looking at the board I chose a guy with a history of knee problems, but who had got 1500 yards and 11 TDs the year before--Terry Allen. Then in the fourth round, I chose a second year running back who had not started his full rookie year, but had racked up a ton of yards when he did. I thought that if he played a full year he could be something really special--his name was Terrel Davis.

My luck continued even into the sleeper rounds, as I got Michael Jackson of the Ravens in the 8th round or so, and he went on to score 13 touchdowns or something like that. Here my memory starts failing me, because this may have been the 1997 season that I did this, but I think that my last pick went to a young wide receiver from the Packers--Antonio Freeman.

Basically, I ran away and hid from the rest of the league. I locked up the points race about 3 weeks before the end of the season, and just dominated our playoffs. I rembember that one week, Terry and Terrell scored 50 fantasy points between them (at 1 pt/25 yds rushing+receiving, 1 bonus point at 100 yds and every 25 yds past that, and 6 points per TD). And one of my friends in the league was pissed that my running backs had scored more than his whole team.

I wish I could remember who else I had on my team. I think I might have taken Marvin Harrison in the second round, but he has been on so many of my teams in this league that one year kind of blends with another in his case.

I do remember that my team was so good, that I was easily able to offset perhaps my worst 1st round pick I ever made--Scott Mitchell in the year after he and Hermann Moore hooked up for 118 catches or something like that. I took him with the 4th or 5th pick that year.

2000, 6 man keeper, standard perf:

I'd traded for Faulk in '98 (traded Murrell for Faulk and a #1), lucked into Warner as a FA in 99, and had J Smith, Duce Staley, and Tony Gonzalez on my team as well. Think my 6th keeper was the then-solid Amani Toomer.

That was the draft year that Dayne, Alexander, and T Jones came out; they went 1-2-3; oh, yeah, Jamal Lewis fel to me at #8 :eek: ; grabbed Wheatley in the 2nd round, D McNabb in the 3rd, J Garcia in the 7th, and some scrub RB from Oregon named Reuben Droughns in the 9th (10 round draft).

So I had what ya call "depth" - when Warner went down in week 9, Garcia popped in and put up a per-game average that was right there with him; McNabb started two games (1 in the playoffs) and gave me a 40 pt average - I ended up outscoring my playoff opponents 338-254 in TWO games.

The gravy was with all that depth, I traded for draft picks and ended up with 5 straight picks at the end of the 1st-beginning of the 2nd in the next year's draft (which I mostly wasted - got T Henry, but the others were Flutie, the disappointing Muhammad, K Barlow, and Chad Lewis) - only year I'll EVER have grabbed a K and a Def in the 5th round - though I DID jump on the then-injured J Lewis in the 4th; that's worked out OK for me. Oh, yeah - won the title again with a less-impressive 377-300 edge over 3 games.

Gannon MVP Year

Holmes 2nd Year he went crazy

McCallister Year he took over for Ricky

Harrison Year he broke single season reception record 143

J. Horn Went nuts that year 100+ catches as I recall

L Coles Caught over 100 passes

Went 12-2, won Fantasy Bowl with scoruing avg of 9+ points higher than next best team.

Last Season, I managed to put this team together.

We start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1Def, 1k

QB - P Manning

RB - LT, D McCallister, Dom Davis

WR - T.O., Javon Walker, E Moulds

TE - Shockey

Def - panthers

K - Vanderjagt

Things were going quite well until the playoffs....

T.O. went down, Manning slowed down as he approched the record.

I lost in the 1st round when Joey Galloway scored 3 TDs against me in the playoffs.

I ended up with 3rd place.

But, there is always next year........which starts in 3 days!!!!

2003 - My Pro Bowl Squad & First Championship Team

Culpepper - Low TD's by his standards, but still a Pro Bowl year

Jamal Lewis - 2000 yard season

Portis - 14 TD's

Derrick Mason - @ 1300 yards

Chris Chambers - 11 TD's, no Pro Bowl though

Had a nice 2 year run (out of 7) in my local big money league. In 2002 i won it all including most points scored/season and took home close to $1000. This was due mostly to the Priest Holmes factor. I pulled the lineup from our cbs website:

McNair, Steve QB RS

Conway, Curtis WR RS

Brown, Troy WR A

Johnson, Keyshawn WR RS

Cloud, Mike RB A

Culpepper, Daunte QB A

Driver, Donald WR A

Pollard, Marcus TE A

Holmes, Priest RB RS

Mare, Olindo K A

Alexander, Shaun RB A

Canidate, Trung RB RS

Betts, Ladell RB RS

Ravens

In 2003 i again had the most points scored but was knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st round, I would have won it all again but i was afraid to start Garcia in our last regular season game and lost, allowing the team that beat me in the playoffs to get in. Garcia scored something like 40-50 points and another team would have made the playoffs, who i would have beat. The Manning owner ended up winning, but i would have crushed him also due to the poor week 16 showing Manning had:

Bulger, Marc QB

Alexander, Shaun RB

Barber, Tiki RB

Holt, Torry WR

Moss, Randy WR

Pollard, Marcus TE

Wilkins, Jeff K

Dolphins, DST

Garcia, Jeff QB

Warner, Kurt QB

Hambrick, Troy RB

Wheatley, Tyrone RB

Smith, Jimmy WR J

Williams, Boo TE

Last Season, I managed to put this team together.

We start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1Def, 1k

QB - P Manning

RB - LT, D McCallister, Dom Davis

WR - T.O., Javon Walker, E Moulds

TE - Shockey

Def - panthers

K - Vanderjagt

Winning the East St. Louis Elementary School League Championship ain't much to brag about.

I hope that he didn't take everyone's milk money.

Last year in a small 10 team money league with friends!

QB: Peyton Manning (Drafted)

QB: Bret Fare (Drafted)

WR: Randy Moss (Traded for)

WR: Marvin Harrison (Drafted)

WR: Javon Walker (Traded For)

RB: Ladanian Tomlinson (Traded For)

RB: Ahman Green (Drafted)

TE: Antonio Gates (Drafted)

WR/RB:Kevin Jones (picked up)

This was just my offense but I didnt win the league because we had the superbowl on the last game of the season and all my players were benched. It really sucked.

my best team has yet to play but it is in my money league this year just drafted yesterday. I traded jamal lewis last yr and recieved other teams worst player for my 7th and 8th round picks for his 1st round and 3round picks. Then he ended up 2nd to last and i ended up last which made me have 1st and 2nd overall i also made another trade with the champ of last yr which left me with 9 picks by the 6th round. I play in a 12 team man league, performance and draft is non-serpentine it is just like NFL.

STARTING ROSTER 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1PK,1DEF,1COACH

20 ROUND DRAFT + MUST DRAFT A ROOKIE BY YOUR 10TH PICK.

i know i am a little weak at TE,QB i am planning to trade for top 2nd tier QB and TE

Delhomme,Jake QB CAR 7

Warner,Kurt QB ARI 6

Jones,Kevin RB DET 3

Alexander,Sha RB SEA 8

Tomlinson,LaD RB SD 10

Toefield,LaBr RB JAC 7

Bruce,Isaac WR STL 9

Moss,Randy WR OAK 5

Johnson,Chad WR CIN 10

Smith,Steve WR CAR 7

Johnson,Bryan WR ARI 6

Curtis,Kevin WR STL 9

Williams,Roy WR DET 3

Jolley,Doug TE NYJ 8

Miller,Heath TE PIT 4

Wilkins,Jeff PK STL 9

Nugent,Mike PK NYJ 8

Chiefs,Kc DF KC 5

Eagles,Phi DF PHI 6

Vermeil,Dick HC KC 5

In a 10 team league about 3-4 years ago my starting lineup looked like this: (we can start a variation of WR's and RB's)

QB: Gannon (SB year)

RB: Faulk

RB: McCallister (his 1st full year as the man)

RB: F. Taylor (1st full season of health)

WR: Ward

Not sure about K or D, but both were top 5 in our league. Anyway, I was running away with the league when all of a sudden, Faulk and McCallister had high ankle sprains. Well, I won the division, but limped into the playoffs and lost the 1st week.

BTW, this years team may be better than that. See below

I think it was either '95 or '96. Ten team league with very standard performance scoring.

QB- Dan Marino

RB- Curtis Martin

RB- Barry Sanders

WR- Michael Irvin

WR- Carl Pickens

K-  Fuad Reveiz

D-  Green Bay

Won my first championship with this team...

968378[/snapback]

Wow, Fuad Reveiz.....now there is a blast from the past!