[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami Bandwagon

MikesVikes

Yeah, like your beloved Bills are so scary good.  :D

992205[/snapback]

Well, Id be willing to bet my left AND right nuts that people here would be a bit more worried to play the Bills the the lonely fish.

Youll see after this week that beating Denver was a fluke, and after youve been brought back to reality, you might even consider being a Bills fan.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Id be willing to bet my left AND right nuts that people here would be a bit more worried to play the Bills the the lonely fish.

Youll see after this week that beating Denver was a fluke, and after youve been brought back to reality, you might even consider being a Bills fan.

992417[/snapback]

And beating Houston was such a hard task for the Billies too huh?

And beating Houston was such a hard task for the Billies too huh?

992459[/snapback]

22-7 wasnt too hard.

Who is your team? Im not afraid to wear my colors around here. I know my team might have missed the playoffs...by one game. Let me guess....youre a Pats fan? Maybe an Eagles fan?

Well if your jumping on a so called bandwagon after 1 pathetic win, I hate to say it buddy, but youre in for a LOOONG year!  :D

992893[/snapback]

It was only 4 years ago the Billies were 3-13 ... things can change pretty quickly. After all, you were 8-8 the next season.

And I don't really think 22-7 is all that great against HOU. Going out on a limb, but I think people would agree with that.

It was only 4 years ago the Billies were 3-13 ... things can change pretty quickly.  After all, you were 8-8 the next season.

And I don't really think 22-7 is all that great against HOU.  Going out on a limb, but I think people would agree with that.

992902[/snapback]

22-7 is good against any team in the NFL that isnt a preseason game. :D

3-13 we were, and a lot of changes have been made. Will the fish be good again in 4 years? Id say they have as good a chance as anyone. However, I dont think after the Bills 1st win that year that everyone said..."Oooh Im gonna be a Bills fan because in 4 years theyll be good."

Nope...Like many other "fans", they wait until they ARE good to jump on. If your jumping on, and STAYING on, good for you. If your jumping on based on a one week performance, well, like I said, youll be :D all season long.

22-7 is good against any team in the NFL that isnt a preseason game.  :D

3-13 we were, and a lot of changes have been made. Will the fish be good again in 4 years? Id say they have as good a chance as anyone. However, I dont think after the Bills 1st win that year that everyone said..."Oooh Im gonna be a Bills fan because in 4 years theyll be good."

Nope...Like many other "fans", they wait until they ARE good to jump on. If your jumping on, and STAYING on, good for you. If your jumping on based on a one week performance, well, like I said, youll be  :D  all season long.

992933[/snapback]

My name is 1stimer ... and I like FF ... until I started FF I had really paid much attention to the NFL since high school and such but now I can't seem to get enough of it. Back then my favorite team was the Dolphins, however they actually use to win games back then they hired some guy named Wannstedt a few years later and everything went down the crapper especially without Marino.

That the confession you were looking for :D Go ahead you can all laugh now, but the Phins are on the rebound :D

My name is 1stimer ... and I like FF ... until I started FF I had really paid much attention to the NFL since high school and such but now I can't seem to get enough of it.  Back then my favorite team was the Dolphins, however they actually use to win games back then they hired some guy named Wannstedt a few years later and everything went down the crapper especially without Marino. 

That the confession you were looking for :D  Go ahead you can all laugh now, but the Phins are on the rebound :D

992956[/snapback]

Yup :D

As for the others who decided to try to jump in on me, well, like I said. One player doesnt make the team. Remember how the Ravens won the SB? With Dilfer...A monster D, and an offense that made fewer mistakes then they commited. Im not saying Buffalo will win the SB, but I WILL say that they have the talent to beat ANY team on ANY given day.

Im out.

The Miami bandwagon is going to lose a bunch of people after this weekend's game against the Jets.

Miami looks like it destroyed Den, but don't forget that the score was 6-3 at halftime. Then all of Denver's secondary got hurt, or couldn't play due to cramping, and THEN Miami's O started to roll against the 2nd string Den secondary. Add a J. Taylor TD as time expired to make the margin of victory even bigger.

The Jets got humiliated on the road in KC. This week the Jets have their home opener coming off the game where they got crushed against a division opponent who had a "blowout" win last week. They will be fired up, they are the better team and should win handily.

This is such a trap game.

The Miami bandwagon is going to lose a bunch of people after this weekend's game against the Jets.

Miami looks like it destroyed Den, but don't forget that the score was 6-3 at halftime.  Then all of Denver's secondary got hurt, or couldn't play due to cramping, and THEN Miami's O started to roll against the 2nd string Den secondary.  Add a J. Taylor TD as time expired to make the margin of victory even bigger.

The Jets got humiliated on the road in KC.  This week the Jets have their home opener coming off the game where they got crushed against a division opponent who had a "blowout" win last week.  They will be fired up, they are the better team and should win handily.

This is such a trap game.

994235[/snapback]

On a side note ... I do believe that out of two games each against the Pats last year both the Phins and the Steelers had the same record :D

On a side note ... I do believe that out of two games each against the Pats last year both the Phins and the Steelers had the same record  :D

994261[/snapback]

Ok so I do have to chime in on this one...

2 years ago I think it was, maybe 3, the Bills beat the Pats 31-0. They were SB contendors for a week, and they were unstoppable. Sound like someone? Yup...sounds just like Miami last week.

Just wait and see. :D

How does that related to the ass whooping the Dolphins are going to absorb this week :D

994342[/snapback]

I'm not saying the Phins are going to the Superbowl ... my name isn't 1stimer37 ... I'm just saying that I think they will end up with a better record than most people think this year. They aren't as bad as people think they are.

I'm not saying the Phins are going to the Superbowl ... my name isn't 1stimer37 ... I'm just saying that I think they will end up with a better record than most people think this year.  They aren't as bad as people think they are.

994373[/snapback]

Maybe. But it aint too hard to improve on last year's record :p

All I'm saying is that you'll have a little more elbow room on the bandwagon next week as the Jets will knock several people off by whooping the Phins.

I've been going to Dolphins @ Jets for the past 20 years. It's a very tough game to predict every year.

Curtis Martin is not going to have room to run as he has in the past. For the last few years Jets C Kevin Mawae has abused Zack Thomas. That will not be the case this year as Mawae will have to contend with Keith Traylor who has 50 lbs on Mawae. He will not be able to get around Mawae to get to Zack. In ZT's own words . . .

"In years past, the heated matchup between Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas and Jets center Kevin Mawae often has left Thomas frustrated.

Problem was, Thomas often found himself pursuing predictable situations because of the Dolphins' simple schemes. However, this time around under coach Nick Saban, the linebacker expects things to be different.

For starters, no longer will Sunday's game be a head-to-head battle between Thomas and Mawae.

"They knew exactly where I was going to be in the past," Thomas said. "I like what we are doing now and what we put in. It's going to be fun. It's not like last year. It is not the Thomas vs. Mawae matchup. They can't do it."

And even though New York's offense also has changed with the addition of offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger, Thomas said he doesn't expect the Jets to have a distinct makeover like the Dolphins' defense.

"They are adding a little bit, but they're doing practically the same things that they have been doing over the years," Thomas said. "We'll have to see."

If the Jets have problems running the ball Saban is going to TEE OFF on Pennington with alll kinds of blitzes. To say the JJets are going to BLOW OUT the Dolphins is ridiculous if you're only basing that prediction on the Jets being mad at losing last week.

As a Dolphin fan I'm more worried about the Jets defense than their offense.