[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 2 - TAKE 2

Hugh 0ne

OK, my silent protest has come to a screeching halt, as it seems the boards are back to their old selves, which means they're not crashing every 5 minutes.

As a result, I am re-opening my Advice Thread.

So, fire away. Please no SIMTT or RMT posts, this thread is for WDIS posts exclusively. Also, please post any pertinent information I might need to help make a decision.

ALSO, it doesn't hurt if you tell me how cool you think I am. :D

Fire away guys and girls.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woo-hoo ... Hugh's Back!!! Great to see, and thanks in advance for all of the advice! :D

I've got a thread already going on this, but I'm getting tons of different opinions ...

2 quick decisions to make in 2 different leagues (standard scoring in both):

League #1 - WDIS at my #3 WR/TE?

- Mushin Muhammed vs DET

- Keary Colbert vs NE

- Lee Evans @ TB

I'm leaning toward Muhammed here, simply because of the match-up and the number of balls he'll get thrown his way. I like Colbert, but NE scares me, and Evans did well last week, but I don't like Losman on the road at TB.

League #2 - WDIS at TE

- Dallas Clark vs. Jac

- Chris Baker vs. Mia

I would think Clark here, but he's still questionable, and Baker could become Pennington's favorite target.

Again, glad to see you back on board, and best of luck to you this season! :D

Alright Hugh. This is what I am thinking:

McNabb (Lefty only if I hear McNabb is out)

Parker

Westbrook

Mason

J.Smith

Engram

2 things. I am a little concerned about my #3 wr. Should I give Lelie a second chance?

I reall like Greenes match up this week. That coupled with Javon being gone makes me think he could be a big part of the production out of Green Bay.

What do you think? :D

PS I value your opinion greatly. Sorry for the ass kissing but I do.

Edited by fantasyfanatic

w parker against texans or caddy v buff

992448[/snapback]

I said it before, Williw Parker is a must start under 2 conditions: the Steelers don't got to RBBC (which means Staley and Bettis are back and healthy which they're not), and the Steelers have a good matchup. Both conditions are met this week. Start Parker. Don't expect another 200 yard performance, but he should get you 130 total yards and at least 1 TD.

Several leagues ... all fairly standard performance scoring

One of these RBs to go with Willie Parker

JJArrington vs STL

FTaylor @ IND

CBenson vs DET

BJacobs vs NO

One of these QBs

Brees @ DEN

Delhomme vs NE

Harrington @ CHI

Two fo these RBs

DDavis vs PIT

WDunn @ SEA

SJackson @ ARI

One of these WRs to go with Holt and Driver

Stallworth vs NYG

Kennison @ OAK

woo-hoo ... Hugh's Back!!!  Great to see, and thanks in advance for all of the advice!  :D

I've got a thread already going on this, but I'm getting tons of different opinions ...

2 quick decisions to make in 2 different leagues (standard scoring in both):

League #1 - WDIS at my #3 WR/TE?

- Mushin Muhammed vs DET

- Keary Colbert vs NE

- Lee Evans @ TB

I'm leaning toward Muhammed here, simply because of the match-up and the number of balls he'll get thrown his way. I like Colbert, but NE scares me, and Evans did well last week, but I don't like Losman on the road at TB.

League #2 - WDIS at TE

- Dallas Clark vs. Jac

- Chris Baker vs. Mia

I would think Clark here, but he's still questionable, and Baker could become Pennington's favorite target.

Again, glad to see you back on board, and best of luck to you this season!  :D

992452[/snapback]

Muhammed all the way, and it's like you say, mainly because of the matchup.

Gotta keep an eye on the TE situation. If Clark goes and it looks like he won't be hampered by the concussion, you have to start him, he's a top 5 TE. That being said, if there are question marks about his health, and it becomes a game time decision, don't take the risk and hope Baker does something for you. Since Pennington can't throw the ball because he sucks, the dink and dunk to the TE miht become their main play. :D

Thanks Hugh for doing this again

JJones vs. Wash.

or

Parker at Hou.

Holmes is my other starter

Leaning towards Parker but, always "start your studs" has been inbedded in my brain. One week does not make stud status IMO.

Scoring is in the Sig.

Thanks from one Viking fan to another!

Edited by THE SIX KINGS

Hey Hugh,

A few questions, big week for me:

QB: Hasselhoff vs ATl or Delhomme vs NE

WR:

I plan on starting Burleson and DJax and need one more

Lelie vs SD

Muhammad vs Detroit

Randle El @ Houston

I'm leaning Hass and Mush (Detroit's D ain't that good).

Any thoughts?

Hugh, thanks for answering my WR question yesterday.

I have a tougher question for you regarding which 2 RBs to start from the following:

J. Lewis @ Tenn

Edge @ Jax

W. Parker @ Hou

L. Johnson @ Oak

I'm leaning towards Lewis and Parker. I know some on this board advocate ASYS

This basically is a question of who do I bench between Edge and Lewis.

Your thoughts?

Thanks again.

Edited by bluedog

Thanks dogg!

should I go with TJ Housh vs. Minny or Bobby Engram vs.Atl ( I think Kevin Mathis is hurt & not playing)

thanks

992455[/snapback]

Both Housh and Engram have tough mathcups. Housh will draw either Smoot or Winfield, both are 2 of the top shut down corners in the league. Engram will draw either Webster or Hall (I think Mathis only plays nickel packages if I'm not mistaken), so I'd give the matchup advantage to Engram over Housh. Both are on the road. :D

Tough call. I'd start Engram on my gut feeling. The Bengals should be able to run at will against the Vikes, so the passing game numbers may suffer a little. And the Vikes don't have the offense to score as quickly and as often as last year to make it a shoot out.

Yep, I just convinced myself, start Engram.

Alright Hugh. This is what I am thinking:

McNabb (Lefty only if I hear McNabb is out)

Parker

Westbrook

Mason

J.Smith

Engram

2 things. I am a little concerned about my #3 wr. Should I give Lelie a second chance?

I reall like Greenes match up this week. That coupled with Javon being gone makes me think he could be a big part of the production out of Green Bay.

What do you think?  :D

PS I value your opinion greatly. Sorry for the ass kissing but I do.

992458[/snapback]

If you have a flex option, and are starting Engram over A. Green, you're making a mistake. If not, and you're asking if you should start Engram over Lelie, I'd probably agree, albeit it's a close call. Statistically you should probably start Lelie, but Plummer blows, and I think Engram will have a nice week, so I'd take a chance on Engram.

Did that answer your question? :D

Hey Hugh,

WR WDIS, if you please:

Branch v Car: Branch looked good LW, but tougher matchup v pass D

Kennison v Oak: Good Matchup, bad upside with T-Gonz first look

Thanks, I'll take your comments off the air...

Edited by Bonehand

Is peerless going to play anytime soon?Is he worth picking up? Was thinking of dropping samie parker for him.Thanks in advance for anything you can offer.

start three wide outs.big bonuses for longer td's

--------------------

qb-m.bulger b.griese

rb-LJ Caddy Willyparker Sjax

wr-c.johnson ,TJ housh, chris chambers,bobby engram,travis taylor,samie parker

te-jason whitten

k-brian lindell

def-buffalo chicago

Pick 2 Hugh.  Thanks!

A. Johnson vs. PIT

I. Bruce @ ARZ

D. Stallworth @ NYG (no matter how the NFL spins in)

B. Stokley vs. JAX

Standard performance scoring. I'm leaning toward Bruce and Stokley.

992460[/snapback]

I'm a big Andre Johnson fan,but Carr's confidence is shot, and it's unlikely he gains it against a solid defense that loves to blitz like the Steelers. Besides, you have better options this week.

I like Bruce, but one of the giant CB's is out, so I think Stallworth could do very well, and Stokley torched the Jags twice last year, and since the Jags are a much more aggressive offense this year, I can see this turning into a shoot out, so Stokley could post HUGH numbers.

Yep, Stokley and Stallworth. Sit on Johnson for another week, he'll end up having a great season once Carr gets back on track with some better matchups over the next few weeks.

I've got 4 QB's:

Brady (at CAR)

Dilfer (at GB)

Brunell (at Dal)

Wright (at Ten)

My opponent plays Moulds & Heap. I think I play Wright this week, not just because the Tennessee secondary is awful, but to guard against a hugh day Moulds / Heap.

Am I right?

If you have a flex option, and are starting Engram over A. Green, you're making a mistake. If not, and you're asking if you should start Engram over Lelie, I'd probably agree, albeit it's a close call. Statistically you should probably start Lelie, but Plummer blows, and I think Engram will have a nice week, so I'd take a chance on Engram.

Did that answer your question? :D

992505[/snapback]

Yes that answered one. The other was starting Greene over Westbrook or Parker?

Hey Hugh-

I play in a standard 10-team ppr league that gives a point for every 20 yards rushed or received and 1 point per 50 yards passed. We start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 LB and 1 DB. Please take a look at my team and suggest any areas of weakness and what I could do to try and strengthen it.

QB Palmer

QB Leftwich

QB Pennington

RB McGahee

RB Portis

RB Cadillac Williams

RB Larry Johnson

RB Ricky Williams

WR Wayne

WR Michael Clayton

WR Boldin

WR Lee Evans

TE Clark

TE Troupe

K Josh Brown

DEF Philadelphia

LB Bulluck

DB Dawkins

Also...what are your thoughts on Ricky when he gets back on the field? Thanks for your help.

Several leagues ... all fairly standard performance scoring

One of these RBs to go with Willie Parker

JJArrington vs STL

FTaylor @ IND

CBenson vs DET

BJacobs vs NO

One of these QBs

Brees @ DEN

Delhomme vs NE

Harrington @ CHI

Two fo these RBs

DDavis vs PIT

WDunn @ SEA

SJackson @ ARI

One of these WRs to go with Holt and Driver

Stallworth vs NYG

Kennison @ OAK

992465[/snapback]

5 yards on 8 carries in his NFL debut wouldn't have me running to start a guy, regardless of the matchup, so I'd keep JJ on the bench. Benson will get spotty touches behind A-Train until he learns to pass protect, so he's on the short end of a RBBC with a bad o-line and a rookie QB. Uh, I think I'd bench him. I like Brandon Jacobs, and I think he'll become a HUGH part of their offense, since they finally have a guy that can spell Tiki (I mean spell as in give him time to rest :D) and do something, but I'm not sure how much they're going to use him, so I'd go with the guy who never scores in a game that should be high scoring, and hope for the best. Start Taylor.

I wouldn't start Harrington if you paid me. Delhomme has a tough matchup. Thus, by default, I would start Brees.

I think you have to go Dunn and Jackson. I'm a HUGH D. Davis fan, and I think he'll be more involved in the offense this week, but with the tough matchup, and Carr's ineffectiveness, I think I'd keep him on the bench this week.

With Wil Peterson being out this week, I like Stallworth to have a nice week. He's my pick.

Good luck.