[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 9

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently have K. Jones but with P. Holmes a question mark for this weekend, should I pick up L.Johnson on WW now while I can and take the chance Holmes plays. We don't have a bench in our league. Should I take a chance? This was on the home page "The Chiefs will update Holmes' status today when they release their injury report." Do you know what time injury reports are usually release? As always thank you very much :D

I currently have K. Jones but with P. Holmes a question mark for this weekend, should I pick up L.Johnson on WW now while I can and take the chance Holmes plays. We don't have a bench in our league. Should I take a chance? This was on the home page "The Chiefs will update Holmes' status today when they release their injury report." Do you know what time injury reports are usually release? As always thank you very much :D

1117475[/snapback]

If you don't have a bench, who would you have to drop to get LJ?

I would assume Priest plays. It was a head injury, not something like a knee that could linger.

I have NO RBs other then DD. My other Def is the Giants. Does it pay for me to trade the Colts and DD for Tiki and Den? I feel that I am upgrading at RB for the rest of the yr and by matching Den with the Giants D I should be okay. NO?

We get 1pt/10yds rush rec and 1pt/recpt. We get etra pts for long TDs, over 100yds and 7 or recpt.

Do I do this trade?

WDIS..

Stephen Davis vs TB

or

Willie Parker vs GB

Scoring:

6 pts per TD

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving..

1117476[/snapback]

Tough call. Both have very tough matchups. I'd play the guy that will get more touches and more opportunities, and that's Parker.

I was just offered Harrison and R. Brown for K. Jones and L. Johnson. Standard performance scoring. We start 3 WR's. We don't have to play a TE (but can).

My roster:

Pos Player, Team

QB Mark Brunell, WAS

QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

QB Eli Manning, NYG

RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

RB Michael Pittman, TB

RB Edgerrin James, IND

RB Larry Johnson, KC

RB Kevin Jones, DET

WR Anquan Boldin, ARI

WR Chad Johnson, CIN

WR Doug Gabriel, OAK

PK Jeff Reed, PIT

Def Bengals, Team Defense, CIN

His:

Pos Player, Team

QB Trent Green, KC

QB Byron Leftwich, JAC

RB Ronnie Brown®, MIA

RB Chris Perry, CIN

RB Priest Holmes, KC

WR Ashley Lelie, DEN

WR Terry Glenn, DAL

WR Antwaan Randle El, PIT

WR Michael Clayton, TB

WR Marvin Harrison, IND

WR Eddie Kennison, KC

PK Ryan Longwell, GB

Def Ravens, Team Defense, BAL

As bad as I need a WR, I don't think I want to do this. Harrison isn't the reciever he used to be. I'd be fine at RB starting Edge and Westbrook, but LJ's value would sky rocket if Holmes ever goes down. And it's uncertain Holmes is even playing this week, although I think he will. I would probably be starting LJ if Holmes ever did get hurt. Who knows if Holmes will go down though, and I end up with LJ stashed on my bench all year. I'm not sure what to do. Whatta think?

I offered him Jones or Westbrook for Harrison straight up and he won't go for that.

Thanks Hugh

Edited by Sam

Hugh,

I'm 3-6 (double header week 2), 3 games out of the division. I've rode both DEN RBs the last couple weeks but thinking of breaking them up in an attempt to acquire TO if he's not seriously hurt. Here's the offer

Bell/Anderson and Harrison for TO and Willie Parker

I might be able to get Fitzgerald off the guy instead of TO if the ankle is serious. Think I push forward with this trade? Or should I just continue to put all the eggs in one basket with the Den RBs?

My Team

QB – Brooks, Holcomb

RB - Anderson, Bell, Fisher, Chester Taylor

WR - Harrison, Kevin Curtis, Engram, Burleson, Bruce

TE - Witten

K - Wilkins

Def – Falcons

His Team

QB Bledsoe, Brad Johnson

RB - T Jones, Willie Parker, Ricky Williams, M Barber

WR - TO, Fitzgerald, Glenn, Chatman, Rogers

TE – Cooley, Wiggins

K - J Brown

Def - Jaguars

I would drop K. Jones

1117485[/snapback]

Very, very tough call. I think KJ is not a very good option, but LJ with Priest healthy will be hit or miss at best. :D

YTD LJ has slightly better numbers than Jones. So if they're basically equal, but with LJ you have the HUGH upside if Priest goes down, so yes, I'd take LJ over KJ.

Hugh One...

Which RB's pick 2:

LaMont Jordan Vs KC

T.Jones Vs NO

Dunn Vs Miami

Fred Taylor Vs Houston

Scoring System: 1 pt every 10 yds rushing and receiving

also

for WR pick 3:

Hines Ward Vs GB

Steve Smith Vs TB

Housh Vs Bal

S.Moss Vs Phi

Antonio Bryant Vs Ten

Wayne Vs NE

1117487[/snapback]

Wow, nice RB options this week. I'd go with the 2 guys not giving up carries: Jordan and Taylor.

Ward and Smith are no brainers. Then I like Wayne on MNF. After last weeks debacle from Brunnell, I'd be inclined to stay away from Moss this week. Bryant has a nice matchup, but I prefer Wayne.

I have NO RBs other then DD. My other Def is the Giants. Does it pay for me to trade the Colts and DD for Tiki and Den? I feel that I am upgrading at RB for the rest of the yr and by matching Den with the Giants D I should be okay. NO?

We get 1pt/10yds rush rec and 1pt/recpt. We get etra pts for long TDs, over 100yds and 7 or recpt.

Do I do this trade?

1117488[/snapback]

Defenses are hit or miss. I would not trade DD for Tiki. So no, I wouldn't make that trade.

Hey Hugh,

Missed Ya!

League 1 (standard scoring) 2-6 playing 1-7, yeehaa

RB: start 2 (*who I have now)

*Portis v. PHi - my most consistant back (Manning owner) will he rebound

*Martin v. SD - had some bad weeks, and a good one

MMoore v. DET

Pittman v. Car - C.Williams is back

Ricky Williams v. ATL - RBBC

WR: start 2

*S.Smith @ TB - must start

*Driver v. Pitt - had been starting him....but do I have better options this week?

Porter @ KC - nice matchup, starting to come alive (opponent has Moss)

TJ Housh @ Bal - consistant and healthy

N.Burelson v. DET - will he get his?

Do I start Porter or TJ over Driver?

League 2 bonus for over 300yds passing 6-2 playing 2-6

QB:

*Brunell v. Phi - nice match up, has to rebound

Favre v. Pitt - tough match up, but finds a way to be productive

Last week both QB's tanked. Who to go with this week. My RB and WR are set due to bye weeks. I'm in a 3 way tie for 1st so this one is important.

Thanks!

2 WDISs:

Favre vs PIT

Roethlisberger @ GB

Brunell vs PHI

Dunn @ MIA

K. Jones @ MIN

Thanks in advance.

1117491[/snapback]

Brunell sucked ass last week, keep him on the bench until he bounces back. Philly's defense will step it up this week.

I think you have to go with Ben here. The matchup is just too good. He won't get you 350 yards, and 4 TD's, but he should be good for 2 scores and 250-270 yards, which I don't see Favre doing.

Dunn in a LANDSLIDE.

I was just offered Harrison and R. Brown for K. Jones and L. Johnson. Standard performance scoring. We start 3 WR's. We don't have to play a TE (but can).

My roster:

Pos Player, Team

QB Mark Brunell, WAS

QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

QB Eli Manning, NYG

RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

RB Michael Pittman, TB

RB Edgerrin James, IND

RB Larry Johnson, KC

RB Kevin Jones, DET

WR Anquan Boldin, ARI

WR Chad Johnson, CIN

WR Doug Gabriel, OAK

PK Jeff Reed, PIT

Def Bengals, Team Defense, CIN

His:

Pos Player, Team

QB Trent Green, KC

QB Byron Leftwich, JAC

RB Ronnie Brown®, MIA

RB Chris Perry, CIN

RB Priest Holmes, KC

WR Ashley Lelie, DEN

WR Terry Glenn, DAL

WR Antwaan Randle El, PIT

WR Michael Clayton, TB

WR Marvin Harrison, IND

WR Eddie Kennison, KC

PK Ryan Longwell, GB

Def Ravens, Team Defense, BAL

As bad as I need a WR, I don't think I want to do this. Harrison isn't the reciever he used to be. I'd be fine at RB starting Edge and Westbrook, but LJ's value would sky rocket if Holmes ever goes down. And it's uncertain Holmes is even playing this week, although I think he will. I would probably be starting LJ if Holmes ever did get hurt.  Who knows if Holmes will go down though, and I end up with LJ stashed on my bench all year. I'm not sure what to do. Whatta think?

I offered him Jones or Westbrook for Harrison straight up and he won't go for that.

Thanks Hugh

1117499[/snapback]

I make that trade. Both RB's are expendable, and you need the WR help. K Jones sucks, and LJ is a bye week filler at best. Don't not make a trade because you think an injury will happen.