[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ever wish you could

cliaz

Do you ever wish you could take a vacation from yourself?

some days I wake up and go "this cant be my life." Not that it's bad but just sometime I get bored with everything.

I guess Chris Rock said it best:

"You know you have a good marriage when you are bored to tears."

True but this getting up, going to work, dealing with sshucks here, coming home, dealing with babies, dealing with a wife starving for adult conversation, putting them to bed, getting up all night long, rinse and repeat. It's old.

I need something like a space craft from the planet sl(_)t to crash land in my back yard and 100 fine a$$ alien sluts jump on my like a starving pack of wolves.

Or a bus full of midget wrestlers breaks down outside of my house and they put on a match for me.

SOMETHING

Edited by cliaz

I here you. I am in a lull at work and it is driving me nuts. The wife woke me up this morning and told me I would get a call today. God I hope so. This is killing me. I am not working, but I need a vacation. Odd!

The fun times with the family and friends more than compensate for the grind of work. Although the midget wrestlers would be fun.

1273066[/snapback]

I love the fun time with the family, it's the hellish nights when my daughter is replaced with the spawn of satan. One thing about her, she is regular with her timing. You can set your watch to her.

Work is the same thing day in and day out, grind out the projects, poop, eat lunch, meeting, conf. call, meeting, grind out remain projects.

Then the same drive home everyday, same red lights, same a$$lickers cutting you off.

But yeah, this world needs more midgets. If i worked with a midget, I'd love it. The closest I've had to that is a One armed chain smoking nigerian lady.

I can remember the day she was laid-off here. She straight up said "Are you nutz firing a Black one armed female from Nigeria?"

She had a point. If she was gay that would have been the icing on the cake.

I love the fun time with the family, it's the hellish nights when my daughter is replaced with the spawn of satan.  One thing about her, she is regular with her timing.  You can set your watch to her.

Work is the same thing day in and day out, grind out the projects, poop, eat lunch, meeting, conf. call, meeting, grind out remain projects.

Then the same drive home everyday, same red lights, same a$$lickers cutting you off.

But yeah, this world needs more midgets.  If i worked with a midget, I'd love it.  The closest I've had to that is a One armed chain smoking nigerian lady. 

I can remember the day she was laid-off here.  She straight up said "Are you nutz firing a Black one armed female from Nigeria?"

She had a point.  If she was gay that would have been the icing on the cake.

1273072[/snapback]

I see exactly where you are coming from as far as the sleep. My kids are the worst sleepers in the history of sleep. I havent slept well in 5 years and it truly can test a person..

I see exactly where you are coming from as far as the sleep. My kids are the worst sleepers in the history of sleep. I havent slept well in 5 years and it truly can test a person..

1273076[/snapback]

My son was the worse sleeper, and he slept in the bed with us until he was around 5. My daughter is a joy compared to him and usually gets up once in the middle of the night or like last night 2 or 3 times when she isn't feeling well. It truly is a relationship test with the total lack of sleep, if you can survive this the rest is cake.

The first 8 years or so my son never slept through the night ... he'd come into our room 3, 4, 5, 6 times a night. Although he was more sleep walking than awake. During this same time frame he also always had a runny nose. Our pediatrician kept saying it was allergies and that he'd out grow them. We tried several medications, to no avail.

Finally we took him to an ENT. His first comment was "Oh my God his adnoids are HUGH, no wonder he can't sleep". We had his adnoids and tonsils burned out and what a HUGH difference :D

He still occassionally sleep walks, but mostly this happens before we have settled in for the night and typically it is because he has to take a piss. We send him to the rest room, he takes care of business and goes back to bed. Although on several occassions he has gone into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

I guess Chris Rock said it best:

"You know you have a good marriage when you are bored to tears."

1273033[/snapback]

That is about the dumbest statement I have read in years.

(Other than most of the stuff seahawks37 posts that is.)

As far as wanting to take a vacation from oneself. Get away from the computer... and go somewhere with the family. Anywhere. Even if it is for just an overnighter.

This may answer some of your 'daily grind' 'daily routine' questions.

http://www.thirdage.com/news/articles/ALT0...2040604-01.html

My son was the worse sleeper, and he slept in the bed with us until he was around 5. My daughter is a joy compared to him and usually gets up once in the middle of the night or like last night 2 or 3 times when she isn't feeling well. It truly is a relationship test with the total lack of sleep, if you can survive this the rest is cake.

1273086[/snapback]

This morning my wife and I were at each other's throats. Of course I do not take this personally. She gets less sleep than me and has to take care of both of them during the day with no break. I understand her but i don't wanna hear it 1st thing in the A.M.

I love the fun time with the family, it's the hellish nights when my daughter is replaced with the spawn of satan.
:D

Thought only mine did that. Hang in there brutha things will change, when she gets older and is out late you will probably wish she was home waking you up. A short vaca , like a weekend at the Holiday inn or similiar may take the edge off for a bit.

This morning my wife and I were at each other's throats.  Of course I do not take this personally.  She gets less sleep than me and has to take care of both of them during the day with no break.  I understand her but i don't wanna hear it 1st thing in the A.M.

1273095[/snapback]

You and your wife need to have a running understanding that many of the scraps you are going to get into because of a child that is a poor sleeper is just a result of frustration and exhaustion. My wife and I have arguments and it always ends up one of us just pointing out that we are tired and dont have much downtime . I love my girls with all of my heart but feel no shame in saying after a certain point in the night they should be alseep and me and the wife should have our time. Its not to late for you to get your kid on a schedule . My wife and I dropped the ball severely in the sleep dept. My kids go to bed anywhere from 11:30 pm-1:00am. They make it through the night but its the late hours they go down that kills us. Sometimes me and my wife hang out after the kids go to bed just to have some quality time and its a work night. Ill go to bed 2:30 to get up at 6:00.

1273076[/snapback]

no shiat- I can't remember the last time I slept all the way through a night, AND slept past 8:30 AM.

I have 3 little girls and one of them is always up for something or another- and it's like they discuss it before hand and take turns.

Lauren (6 yr. old): "OK, Maggie (3 yr. old)- I'm really tired so you get up at around 2 and whine for 5 minutes that you can't find your blanket", then go back to sleep- Abigail (7 mos. old), that'll be your cue to get up screaming like your hair is on fire until Mommy gets you a bottle-that'll cover us until about 3:30.

Maggie: "Sounds good Lauren- then you need to wait until about 4 and then piss your bed so they BOTH have to get up to get clean sheets, etc. that'll be soo funny".

Lauren: "I love it- haven't pulled the 'ol I had an accident scam in a while- good one Mags. Last thing we need to figure out is what time we want to head downstairs tommorrow morning- I'm thinking 7-7:15'll work- you guys o.k. with that?"

Abigail: "OK with me I can only sleep in 90 minute spurts anyway so it doesn't make a difference- I'll wake you guys up with the high pitched squeal as usual o.k.?"

Maggie: "Sounds like a plan- hands in ladies....OK on 3- tourture them-1-2-3, TOURTURE THEM- hahahahahaha"

You and your wife need to have a running understanding that many of the scraps you are going to get into because of a child that is a poor sleeper is just a result of frustration and exhaustion. My wife and I have arguments and it always ends up one of us just pointing out that we are tired and dont have much downtime . I love my girls with all of my heart but feel no shame in saying after a certain point in the night they should be alseep and me and the wife should have our time. Its not to late for you to get your kid on a schedule . My wife and I dropped the ball severely in the sleep dept. My kids go to bed anywhere from 11:30 pm-1:00am. They make it through the night but its the late hours they go down that kills us. Sometimes me and my wife hang out after the kids go to bed just to have some quality time and its a work night. Ill go to bed 2:30 to get up at 6:00.

1273107[/snapback]

Children should have an early bed time from the get go. We have always had an early bed time for the kids. Kids need much more sleep than adults and it is important for them to be well rested for school. My 10 year old son is in bed by 8:30 and my 13 year old daughter is in bed between 9:00 and 9:30.

We allow them to stay up later on Friday nights ... 10:30 or 11:00. Obviously during the summer they can stay up a bit later too ... 9:30 - 10:00.

no shiat- I can't remember the last time I slept all the way through a night, AND slept past 8:30 AM.

I have 3 little girls and one of them is always up for something or another- and it's like they discuss it before hand and take turns.

Lauren (6 yr. old): "OK, Maggie (3 yr. old)- I'm really tired so you get up at around 2 and whine for 5 minutes that you can't find your blanket", then go back to sleep- Abigail (7 mos. old), that'll be your cue to get up screaming like your hair is on fire until Mommy gets you a bottle-that'll cover us until about 3:30.

Maggie: "Sounds good Lauren- then you need to wait until about 4 and then piss your bed so they BOTH have to get up to get clean sheets, etc. that'll be soo funny".

Lauren: "I love it- haven't pulled the 'ol I had an accident scam in a while- good one Mags. Last thing we need to figure out is what time we want to head downstairs tommorrow morning- I'm thinking 7-7:15'll work- you guys o.k. with that?"

Abigail: "OK with me I can only sleep in 90 minute spurts anyway so it doesn't make a difference- I'll wake you guys up with the high pitched squeal as usual o.k.?"

Maggie: "Sounds like a plan- hands in ladies....OK on 3- tourture them-1-2-3, TOURTURE THEM- hahahahahaha"

1273108[/snapback]

:D that is some funny manure

Children should have an early bed time from the get go.  We have always had an early bed time for the kids.  Kids need much more sleep than adults and it is important for them to be well rested for school.  My 10 year old son is in bed by 8:30 and my 13 year old daughter is in bed between 9:00 and 9:30. 

We allow them to stay up later on Friday nights ... 10:30 or 11:00.  Obviously during the summer they can stay up a bit later too ... 9:30 - 10:00.

1273117[/snapback]

I agree 100%. We cant get them out before that time. No matter what we try. Let them cry. Run the ragged during the day. My wife comes from a long line of insomniacs and Im afraid they didnt get the whomper nap gene..We dropped the ball early and are suffering now.

Blah blah blah. Chill, brother, she probably doesn't even read this sh*t.

1273090[/snapback]

:D:D:D Sweet!

Alright Clias... for real now... if you can find an hour a week (and trust me I know with families sometimes that's not easy or possible) to do some kind of fulfilling volunteer work (just hanging out at a homeless shelter or something like that) it will change your life. Your focus will shift from yourself and from the boredom that creeps into the dialy grind, and you will be bale to feed off of that sense of doing something good and right each week. Either that, or just rub one out and shut your trap!

I agree 100%. We cant get them out before that time. No matter what we try. Let them cry. Run the ragged during the day. My wife comes from a long line of insomniacs and Im afraid they didnt get the whomper nap gene..We dropped the ball early and are suffering now.

1273126[/snapback]

It does help that we have enforced an early bed time from the beginning.

1273107[/snapback]

The wife and I have our moments but we attribute it to a lack of sleep. She does the getting up in the middle of the night most of the time, I am up at 3:45 to drive 75 miles to get to work at 6. I pick her up everyday after work and we spend 2 hours or so together before mommy gets home. Then it is dinner, bath time and bed for little sweetpea. Elise is always asleep by 8:30 if not a little earlier every night and she is usually good until 4 or 5 if not later, unless she is not feeling good. I am up at 6 or 7 on the weekends so my wife can sleep in until 9 or 10, but I never have that option.

It does help that we have enforced an early bed time from the beginning.

1273134[/snapback]

Thats exactly where we dropped the ball

I haven't read each post but raising kids is not easy, it's very difficult at times when they are babies or when you have an 8 year old, a 4 year old and maybe an infant.

It gets stressful, a lot of bad days and nights but you have to fight through it.

My 7 year old actually had a twisted testicle (sorry fellas) from birth until we found it somewhere around the 3rd month, ironically 6 years ago yesterday. That was a rough 3 months, we thought he had colic but in actuallity he was just in severe pain at times. Tough times. Talk about little sleep.

Anyways it gets better at times and you really need to be selfless for many years until the kids start getting older.

Selfless is the key word. Helping the wife out at home with whatever she needs, emotional / physical / housework / taking baby for a 2 hr trip somewhere / etc....

There were / are many times I feel or felt trapped but you get through it. I worked all day Monday, came home and my wife had to go to a 3 hr meeting for my son's COOP Pre-School so I had to do all the bed / homework stuff, last night was hockey practice, visiting grandpa and helping him (alzheimers), and grocery shopping but I also did get to workout so that was a good thing for me. Tonight and tomorrow my wife works until 8pm so when I get home I get all the kid duties.

Last Sunday I got to work in my basement half the day as some people know and that wasn't much fun.

But there are also nights when I sit on my asz watching Seinfeld reruns, Basketball games, or movies.

It all balances out. My wife does most of the work. She earns some pretty good money doing hair (highlights / color for women) and manages the household of 3 kids, a big fat dog, and my whiney asz. :D

Anyways, I feel next year will be easier, the year after that will be easier, etc.. etc... I'm fixed so my infant days are done.

Sorry for the long diatribe.

Good luck.

1273126[/snapback]

We've done the early bedtimes from the beginning as well. The latest one of my kids goes to bed is 9:30 during the school week. He's a junior now but the two oldest ones never had a later bedtime so why should he?

The only advice I'll give is to make a routine of it. If they have a 9:00pm bedtime, we make them shut everything off (tv, computer, put away books) at 8:40pm. Then they have to go get their clothes laid out for the morning, brush teeth, get a drink, et cetera. Very important for them to have a routine.

Really helps out. If they can't sleep, you can still have them lying down in bed instead of running around.

Good luck.

Edited by REZ

1273076[/snapback]

yes it can... our kids all seep well until resently the oldest likes to get up now ( sometimes 8-10 time a night to see whats going on :D:D

i have found that to quell the bordom i plan things... hunting/fishing trips, work on the house/ things to do with the kids etc......... helps pass the time till their is new pron in the intranet :D

our kids go to bed at 8pm....

Edited by Yukon Cornelius