[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taking 5 ...

Grits and Shins

Between getting crunched at work, training up for my belt test in February and all the kids activities I haven't had much time for extraneous other activities, like the Huddle.

And after being very active here at the Huddle year round for more than several years ... well, I need a break. You'd be amazed how little really changes over the years ... just the names and aliases. The topics and arguments mostly remain the same. Although I must admit that the Huddle fights were a novel idea and fun for awhile.

Anyway ... aside from being busy, everything here is okay and we survived the massive outpouring of rain this weekend in Dallas. I likely won't be around much, although I may pop in from time to time.

I simply can't believe that Jerry Jones wants to win so bad that he brought TO to Dallas. I am really torn. I HATE TO the person, but TO the player (on the field) is arguably the top WR in the game today. TO has always performed on the field and how can he NOT make the Cowboys a better team on Sunday. However, he has run into disagreements with 2 other pro-bowl QBs ... how the hell is he going to get along with Bledsoe? How is he going to feel when Parcells runs the ball 30 times in the 2nd half? Please, please, please let the Cowboys win the SB next year and make the move pay off ... because I fear it could get ugly year 2 or year 3. It galls me that not only did TO get his money this year ... but it was the Cowboys that gave it to him. :D:D

Okay ... got that off my chest. What the hell did H8 do anyway to get banned for a whole friggin year? Seems to me like UT, OIA and others almost got away with murder before they felt the long arm of the administrator.

Carry on.

OUT.

H8 was just being H8. He offended someone's delicate sensibilities, apparently.

C'mon, we're dying for a little league story. Or perhaps an update on the latest depleted uranium cryogenic baseball bat. :D

Same old, same old here. How did you do with the Belt test?

We got 5" here in McKinney yesterday though we needed it badly. Sort of messed up going to the Civil War reenactment down at Beaumont Ranch on Saturday.

Maybe I need a break too... :D

:D

:D

And after being very active here at the Huddle year round for more than several years ... well, I need a break.  You'd be amazed how little really changes over the years ... just the names and aliases.  The topics and arguments mostly remain the same.  Although I must admit that the Huddle fights were a novel idea and fun for awhile.

1379362[/snapback]

You need a break from the Huddle Blitz!?!? :D

I didn't realize that it was so taxing being here on the Huddle among a group of people that are mostly supportive, great guys and gals. Although a great contributor, it's not like you singlehandedly make this site go. I understand what you are trying to say (I think), but taking a break because nothing changes implies that maybe you're taking things a bit too personally or seriously on the Huddle. Pop in on occasion, contribute if you feel the need, but the Huddle should be a release or entertainment, not something that you take a "break" from: this implies that the Huddle adds stress to your life. You sound busy and naturally you might not have time to post as much as you have in the past, but I guess I find this a funny way of expressing this.

Didn't mean this to come off as harsh as it reads, but please... I guess I worry if you need to take a break from a great place such as this. I do hope everything is going well for you. :D

H8 was just being H8.  He offended someone's delicate sensibilities, apparently.

1379405[/snapback]

With all due respect, that's utter bullsh*t. Why does someone get a pass for being a sh*tbag? This is about the 10th time someone's posted this, and it's a load of cr*p. H8T was a dick and deserved what he got.

Oh, and good to see ya Blitz. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

With all due respect, that's utter bullsh*t. Why does someone get a pass for being a sh*tbag? This is about the 10th time someone's posted this, and it's a load of cr*p. H8T was a dick and deserved what he got.

Oh, and good to see ya Blitz.  :D

1379675[/snapback]

It's an internet message board. It seems kinda silly to me to get all offended by what someone posts here. Besides, I think that anyone who knows H8 or has communicated with him outside this board knows that its shtick.

I find his posts entertaining. Far more entertaining that most of the drivel around here. I never failed to read one of his posts, and I bet that I'm not alone here.

He added something to this place - like it or not. Thats far more than I can say about the people who cried to management about him.

It's an internet message board.  It seems kinda silly to me to get all offended by what someone posts here.  Besides, I think that anyone who knows H8 or has communicated with him outside this board knows that its shtick.

1379780[/snapback]

Agree, and there certainly seems to be a lot of whining and crying going on around here with many of the over sensitive huddlers. That being said, I read what H8T wrote, and that was WAY over any line, shctick or not, that sh*t was wrong, and shouldn't be tolerated in a public forum.

I find his posts entertaining.  Far more entertaining that most of the drivel around here.  I never failed to read one of his posts, and I bet that I'm not alone here.

1379780[/snapback]

Agee. I liked H8T. But giving someone a pass because he's "normally" a good guy, which in H8T's case is debatable to begin with :D, is BS.

He added something to this place - like it or not.  Thats far more than I can say about the people who cried to management about him.

1379780[/snapback]

Agree again. But like I said, that kind of stuff should not be tolerated. He knew what he was doing. He's been walking the line for years around here. In this case, he went way over that line, and deserves being banned for a year. He was provoked, and someone who provokes someone and then cries to the admins when it escalates should also be dealt with accordingly.

Anywho, I know we've beaten the tar out of this dead horse, so I'll leave it at that.