[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan vs USC

theeohiostate

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - most years USC has carried the league, this year it was deeper.

I think you have a realistic outlook, most of the time - not lumping you in with TOS, who has to be hitting the hard stuff today.

The Big 10 bounced back nicely, and the Pac 10 ends up 3-3.

I dunno, as great as USC is, the only real tough games came in conference from Pavc 10 teams, that says alot to me.

USC domninates the country, and has tougher physical games in conference-

SC plays what 8 or 9 conference games a yr, and on the road against who. Obviously the odds are with a Pac-10 school as they play 3-1 as many games vs the Pac-10 as anyone else. :D

Your wrong AGAIN!

USC knew they had no shot at the title, cause they lost. Michigan , unfairly got jumped by an average SEC team by simply not playing. Michigan mailed it in, because Carr didn't have another chance to impress the boosters with a win against the Bucks for the NC. The Rose Bowl means far less to Michigan, it's fans and Carr...................Are you that freakin' stupid?

Clueless ......... again. :D

If it's a reflection of the Big 10, then it's an indictment of the SEC, considering the Big 10 just took out the SEC's #2 team and went 2-0 against them in bowls.

I'm much less worried about Florida, then when the day began. The SEC looks like a bunch of solid teams, with nothing outstanding there.

OSU 34

Florida 10

Arkansas was the 4th highest rated SEC team behind Florida, LSU, and Auburn. Yes they did win the SEC West but that is meaningless when matching up the two conferences since the Big 10 doesn't have divisions or a conference tournament. The Wisconsin-Arkansas game was an evenly matched game, a 3 point game, and a game in which Arkansas dominated the rushing yardage. But Arkansas dug themselves an early hole and missed FGs, had turnovers, etc... and lost a 3 point game. Pretty evenly matched, you would expect the #6 team to beat the #12 team. Not anything close to any sort of indictment, just some good college football. Chill out on all the hating, drink a beer, and enjoy the rest of the games.

Arkansas was the 4th highest rated SEC team behind Florida, LSU, and Auburn. Yes they did win the SEC West but that is meaningless when matching up the two conferences since the Big 10 doesn't have divisions or a conference tournament. The Wisconsin-Arkansas game was an evenly matched game, a 3 point game, and a game in which Arkansas dominated the rushing yardage. But Arkansas dug themselves an early hole and missed FGs, had turnovers, etc... and lost a 3 point game. Pretty evenly matched, you would expect the #6 team to beat the #12 team. Not anything close to any sort of indictment, just some good college football. Chill out on all the hating, drink a beer, and enjoy the rest of the games.

Another thing that people outside the conference might not realize is that LSU from the SEC west plays Florida from the east every year while the Hogs from the west play South Carolina from the SEC east every year.

Auburn and LSU also suck, so lets not get carried away. The SEC clearly had a down year. Unlike most of the seasons they are the undisputed top conference.

Yeah, Auburn sucks so bad that they played a bad game today and still beat the Big 12 North Champion Nebraska in what looked like a home game in the stands for Nebraska. OU loses to Boise State and you are telling us that Auburn and LSU suck? Amazing. I just wish folks would stick to making cases for their teams that they understand and know well instead of trashing teams that they know little about.

No. I don't know who will win this game. As I posted previously, I have not seen Ohio State play this year. Obviously, Ohio State is a good team. However, I do not believe any college team in this country can beat Florida by 23. You posted that you thought Ohio State would win by 24. I simply thought that if you really believed this, I would take 23 points and collect my money.

Florida and OSU was the correct matchup, should be a solid game.

Being a team is part coaching and Michigan just does not have a coach and can't compete.

Carr needs to go.

I hope they extend his contract personally. :D

:D That would NEVER happen in the Big 10 :D

Our middle tier teams, whipped up on some of the SEC elite today.

Wisconson was the 3rd best Big 10 team, Ark was the 3rd best SEC team

Penn St. was the 4th best Big 10 team, Tenn was the 5th best SEC team

Explain how this is your middle tier and our elite again?

Wisconson was the 3rd best Big 10 team, Ark was the 3rd best SEC team

Penn St. was the 4th best Big 10 team, Tenn was the 5th best SEC team

Explain how this is your middle tier and our elite again?

Why in the world did the SEC Championship game not have the 2 best teams in the SEC, i thought that's why they played that game. Pretty sure Arkansas won the division over LSU and Auburn, could be wrong though.

A little perspective from a guy lucky enough to be there last night (thank you Sexy Santa!)

1. Being in a t-shirt and seeing pretty girls in even shorter shirts for an outdoor bowl game in January doesn't suck. In fact its pretty nice; and if your wife is home, and its just you and your alum buddy, you won't get punched for looking. And seats in the 20th row on the 40 yard line is nice too - I'm usually way up in the endzone somewhere....

2. Carr is a horrible big game coach - if your two biggest games all year are your bowl game and OSU, how many years (in a row) are you allowed to lose both and keep your job?

3. A semi-drunk guy, or very drunk guy, who gets vocal during game can provide some extra entertainment. Our seats were in the middle of a sea of blue, and they were pretty quiet for the second half. This guy next to us (who apparently was there only for his betting interests, and is a Husky from Seattle,) starts heckling the fans for sitting on their hands, for being bored by a 3-3 halftime score, and at Carr for running all night when Hart couldn't buy a yard, etc. This was good, as I didn't have to be the El Guapo in the crowd for rooting for SC. People were shooting me nasty looks, but nastier ones at him. nice...

4. With the possible exception of the UCLA game (still confused as to Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian happened there,) nobody makes better 2nd half adjustments than Carroll and crew. Chucking the run and throwing the ball almost exclusively when the score was still 3-3 takes balls. Carroll has them, but Carr doesn't. Of course when you have Jarrett, it makes the decision a bit easier. But I thought Michigan had WRs too...

5. BTW, who is the Mannheim kid all the big10 fans keep talking about? He must've missed the bus, as I saw plenty of #15 Breaston catching passes but nothing from #86...

6. Henne is less mobile than Booty, and that's saying a lot. Henne looks like Bledsoe in there - 'statuesque' in not a compliment here. The obvious big change from the UCLA game is that USC got smart and rolled JD out all night, and I think he only got sacked twice.

7. The non-football battles:

a) Cheeerleaders - USC song girls are totally hot doing sexy dance routines, while the Wolverines girls look like little high school pixies with their perky routines and pony tails. Seriously, they looked 5 years younger than the USC girls somehow.

b ) The bands - I've got to hand it to Michigan - I totally dug the Led Zepplin theme over the USC band's choice to cover song from the Snakes on a Plane soundtrack. Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian again? Apparently the UM band leader is half the age of the old fart at USC, so maybe that helps...

c) Fans - it was about 60/40 for SC in the crowd of 93K+, but the noise totally drowned out the UM fans by about the second quarter, and it stayed that way.

8. During the silence for Coach Bo, the only idiot to say anything was a drunk UM fan in the far endzone shouting, "Beat SC!" It was so quiet, everyone could tell exactly where it came from. If looks could kill, he'd be dead 93,500 times over...

9. The lack of applause for George Lucas and his buddy Darth was almost laughable. Until I remembered he just gave $175 million to the USC film school. So my buddy and I stood up and cheered, even though everyone around us thought we were Star Wars geeks or something. Hell no, I was applauding $175 million...

10. Whether DJ stays or goes, USC should be the pre-season #1. That D is flat out nasty, and Booty can throw it around pretty well...

Edited by Coffeeman

Why in the world did the SEC Championship game not have the 2 best teams in the SEC, i thought that's why they played that game. Pretty sure Arkansas won the division over LSU and Auburn, could be wrong though.

If it is your intention to get hung up on semantics, then go ahead. Sarge will be waiting for you on the short bus.

If it is your intention of actually having a discussion about the relative strength of conferences then kindly step your game up. Notice that I didn't say 3rd place but 3rd best. The fact that FL and LSU made BCS bowls and Ark didn't says plenty and the fact that LSU beat Ark (in the last week of the season no less) says more still.

You pissed and moaned that the Big 10 was going to be facing tough matchups because they had two teams in the BCS so everyone was going to move up a notch in the tie-ins. I pointed out that the SEC was in the same boat so their matchups would be fair in that respect. What about that is not true?

Edited by detlef

10. Whether DJ stays or goes, USC should be the pre-season #1. That D is flat out nasty, and Booty can throw it around pretty well...

There is no doubt the media will put SC there, but they wont be there at next seasons end. The WR corp will be as suspect as any in the country next yr, and the running game was shut down yesterday. That offense will be a shell of the one this yr.

Since the Big 10 does not have a conference championship or divisions let me try to explain how the SEC attempts to handle the competitive factor. There are two divisions east and west with 6 teams in each. Each team plays 5 games against their division teams and 3 teams from the other. Two of those inter-divisional games between east vs. west games are on a rotating basis while the 3rd is set to occur every year.

To keep things competitive and to maintain certain historically rich rivalries the SEC has attempted to matchup the traditionally strong teams like LSU, Florida, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama to play each other every year while the Hogs, South Carolina, Kentucky, Miss State, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt play each other every year. So in this case it actually helped the Hogs reach the Championship game since the Tigers lost to the Gators while the Hogs beat the Gamecocks which sort of evens the playing field for teams attempting to get to the SEC Championship Game. Now obviously the BCS voters take that and home wins and loses into consideration when ranking SEC teams.

Really not sure how the Big 12 does it. Don’t think it’s the same since the rivalry of Oklahoma vs. Nebraska is not a regular season matchup. To be honest I think the problem with the Big 12 is that the South has too many more stronger teams than the North so it would be unfair to matchup two teams like OK and Nebraska every year while a Texas team would have no equally tough opponent.

There is no doubt the media will put SC there, but they wont be there at next seasons end. The WR corp will be as suspect as any in the country next yr, and the running game was shut down yesterday. That offense will be a shell of the one this yr.

How the hell do you know about the USC WRs? When is the last time they didn't have a stable of them? Why do we have any reason to believe that they don't have 3 guys who've been riding the pine that will star next year? Is that all you've got? Oh and the running game? Michigan has the #1 rushing D in the country. Perhaps that will shed some light.

None the less, I'm still torn. Do I listen to essentially every expert in the game who said either them or Mich would have the inside track going into next year or some mouthbreather who was convinced that Oklahoma was 2nd best team in the country this year. BTW, you still haven't backed that up. Guessing now that you got "punked" (that is what you call it when your team loses by one, correct?) by BSU, I'll never get you to back up your talk.

A little perspective from a guy lucky enough to be there last night (thank you Sexy Santa!)

1. Being in a t-shirt and seeing pretty girls in even shorter shirts for an outdoor bowl game in January doesn't suck. In fact its pretty nice; and if your wife is home, and its just you and your alum buddy, you won't get punched for looking. And seats in the 20th row on the 40 yard line is nice too - I'm usually way up in the endzone somewhere....

2. Carr is a horrible big game coach - if your two biggest games all year are your bowl game and OSU, how many years (in a row) are you allowed to lose both and keep your job?

3. A semi-drunk guy, or very drunk guy, who gets vocal during game can provide some extra entertainment. Our seats were in the middle of a sea of blue, and they were pretty quiet for the second half. This guy next to us (who apparently was there only for his betting interests, and is a Husky from Seattle,) starts heckling the fans for sitting on their hands, for being bored by a 3-3 halftime score, and at Carr for running all night when Hart couldn't buy a yard, etc. This was good, as I didn't have to be the El Guapo in the crowd for rooting for SC. People were shooting me nasty looks, but nastier ones at him. nice...

4. With the possible exception of the UCLA game (still confused as to Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian happened there,) nobody makes better 2nd half adjustments than Carroll and crew. Chucking the run and throwing the ball almost exclusively when the score was still 3-3 takes balls. Carroll has them, but Carr doesn't. Of course when you have Jarrett, it makes the decision a bit easier. But I thought Michigan had WRs too...

5. BTW, who is the Mannheim kid all the big10 fans keep talking about? He must've missed the bus, as I saw plenty of #15 Breaston catching passes but nothing from #86...

6. Henne is less mobile than Booty, and that's saying a lot. Henne looks like Bledsoe in there - 'statuesque' in not a compliment here. The obvious big change from the UCLA game is that USC got smart and rolled JD out all night, and I think he only got sacked twice.

7. The non-football battles:

a) Cheeerleaders - USC song girls are totally hot doing sexy dance routines, while the Wolverines girls look like little high school pixies with their perky routines and pony tails. Seriously, they looked 5 years younger than the USC girls somehow.

b ) The bands - I've got to hand it to Michigan - I totally dug the Led Zepplin theme over the USC band's choice to cover song from the Snakes on a Plane soundtrack. Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian again? Apparently the UM band leader is half the age of the old fart at USC, so maybe that helps...

c) Fans - it was about 60/40 for SC in the crowd of 93K+, but the noise totally drowned out the UM fans by about the second quarter, and it stayed that way.

8. During the silence for Coach Bo, the only idiot to say anything was a drunk UM fan in the far endzone shouting, "Beat SC!" It was so quiet, everyone could tell exactly where it came from. If looks could kill, he'd be dead 93,500 times over...

9. The lack of applause for George Lucas and his buddy Darth was almost laughable. Until I remembered he just gave $175 million to the USC film school. So my buddy and I stood up and cheered, even though everyone around us thought we were Star Wars geeks or something. Hell no, I was applauding $175 million...

Amen on #2 I kept telling my buddy watch off tackle short side of the field and sure enough..lol...it was like he warped Michigan into the 1960's again.