[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Movie Reviews

Menudo

Menudo , when you say work from home do you mean unemployed :brew:

seems like you have alot of time to watch alot of movies ..i am lucky i can wathc a few commercials a day / night

:D

:wacko:

I'm a lucky man, and I'm absolutely LOVING working from home. I'm doing Project Management, so, I can pretty much work my own schedule. It is awesome :D

Oh, and just to be clear, these are movies I've watched in the last few months

Edited by Menudo

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a lot of Will Ferrell movies you have to watch Blades of Glory a few times. I hated Anchorman the first time I saw it and now it's one of my favorites. Blades of Glory has a lot of funny parts. I would throw Talladega Nights in that category also.

Deja Vu is a pretty good flick. I find myself watching a few minutes every time it's on which has been a lot lately.

Wild Hogs too, a lot funnier then I expected. Good acting and characters I must say. The plot line in the town is a bit week but overall pretty good flick.

Edited by chiefjay

The Prestige

Wow ! This movie was awesome. I absolutely LOVED it. Tremendous acting, a great plot, and a phenomenal ending. This is the same writer/director who made Mement, which is another one that I loved. Great movie !!!! :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

My first trip to the movies since "Rocky Balboa". Prior to that, I had not been to the movies in like 5+ years. Our boss took us to a Hollywood something or other theater, where you get food and drinks during the movie. This was my first experience with that, and I wish there was something like it where I live. :wacko: + Comedy = :D O.k., now to the movie. This definitely had some funny moments, and some solid eye-candy. My two favorite characters were Kristin Bell's new singer boyfriend and Paul Rudd, who I always find funny. This didn't get up to "40 Year Old Virgin" level to me, and I haven't seen "Knocked Up" or "Super Bad" yet, but, this was a funny movie, but, I wouldn't call it a home run by any means. I must say though, with comedies, they often get better to me the 2nd and 3rd times that I watch them. Funny, solid, but, not great..........

Transformers

I was never a hugh fan of the Transformers growing up, but, I found the movie enjoyable. I didn't love it, like many seemed to, but, I was entertained. I found it difficult to review. I laughed at some of the jokes, but, I also laughed at the ridiculousness of the storyline at times. However, I wasn't expecting a thinking man's movie here. Megan Fox was hot as hell, and the blonde girl was hot too, which I liked. :wacko: Entertaining movie, but, not monumental.

Evan Almighty

This is one that I went into with very low expectations. It didn't get a good review by the people on IMDB, and I thought "Bruce Almighty" was horrible. I only watched this because I'm a HUGH Steve Carrell fan. Though it wasn't phenomenal, I was pleasantly surprised. It is MUCH better than "Bruce Almighty", and it was a decent movie. Not really any laugh out loud moments, but, I found it very entertaining. This was a pleasant surprise for me.

Edited by Menudo

You haven't watched Beerfest yet? C'mon already...very funny movie.

It's on my list...sounds like a good Saturday night drinking movie........... :wacko:

Knocked Up

I got mixed reviews from my friends on this one. I ended up really enjoying it. I found it to be better than "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", but, not quite up there with "40 Year Old Virgin". I thought it had a lot of funny moments, but, no spots where I laughed hysterically. What I really liked is that it was a comedy with heart. I didn't expect to really care about the characters in a movie like this, but, in the end, I did. I liked Seth Rogan in "40 Year Old Virgin" and thought he was great in this. Paul Rudd was good, as usual, and I thought Jonah Hill was really funny in this one as well. I've loved Katherine Heigl since I saw her in "My Father, The Hero", and she was hot, as always :wacko: All in all, I found this to be a funny, entertaining movie.

Like a lot of Will Ferrell movies you have to watch Blades of Glory a few times. I hated Anchorman the first time I saw it and now it's one of my favorites. Blades of Glory has a lot of funny parts. I would throw Talladega Nights in that category also.

Deja Vu is a pretty good flick. I find myself watching a few minutes every time it's on which has been a lot lately.

Wild Hogs too, a lot funnier then I expected. Good acting and characters I must say. The plot line in the town is a bit week but overall pretty good flick.

Shake 'N Bake!

:wacko:

Superbad, which is still #1 in my book

Come on .... Superbad? The movie was great 45 minutes in but after they introduced the two keystone cops the movie took a very Superbad turn. I was very dissapointed in the last 45 minutes of that show. IMO ........

40 YO Virgin

Knocked Up

Superbad

Come on .... Superbad? The movie was great 45 minutes in but after they introduced the two keystone cops the movie took a very Superbad turn. I was very dissapointed in the last 45 minutes of that show. IMO ........

40 YO Virgin

Knocked Up

Superbad

hey Prof- that's cool, Knocked Up may be the better overall flick- I just found myself laughin my ass off way more in Superbad than in Knocked Up

• 2 weeks later...

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

I really enjoyed the first two movies, and I enjoyed this one as well. However, I thought it was the weakest of the three. I found the first half of the movie to be quite boring. In the 2nd half, it picked up, and the final battle scene was pretty good. Overall, I really like these movies and I think Johnny Depp is hilarious in this role. I usually don't like skinny chicks, but, Keira Knightley gets me :divingboard: every time that I see her. Solid movie, but, not as good as the first two.

Beerfest

Well, obviously I loved the theme, being a former college frat boy :D I thought this was a decently funny movie, with a couple of laugh out loud moments (When the drunk guy sees himself as being cool, but, they keep flashing back to reality, to see what a drunken fool he actually is :wacko: ) It is definitely a goofball comedy, and some of the jokes were obvious and cheezy. All in all though, an entertaining movie.

The Judd Apatow ranking of movies he's directed or produced (best to worst):

1. 40 Year Old Virgin

2. (Tie) Superbad and Forgetting Sarah Marshall

3. Knocked Up (funny, but overrated)

4. Walk Hard

(DId not see Drillbit Taylor)

The fact that all of these movies besides Drillbit are good is amazing. It's not easy to have only 1 good movie and this guy has been associated with 5 IMO.

Reign Over Me

I really hadn't heard much about this movie, but, I really liked it. Adam Sandler was phenomenal in a serious role. I was shocked that he was able to pull it off so well. Cheadle was solid, as usual. The movie felt real to me. It really made you pull for Sandler's character. My only disappointment was in the ending. I would have liked to see them tie things together a little more at the end, but, other than that, I have no complaints, as I really enjoyed this one.

Spiderman 3

I'm not a hugh comic book or Spiderman fan, but, I still enjoyed the first two movies. As is most often the case, I think these ones went downhill slightly each time, and the 3rd was the worst of the three. That said, I still enjoyed it. One of the big negatives is that Tobey Maguire couldn't pull of the cool guy / bad ass Spiderman part. He can play the nice guy fine, but, he was laughable, in my opinion, as the "dark" Spiderman. I also didn't think they gave us enough time with the Venom character, which I thought was played pretty well by Topher Grace. He basically became Venom, and then moments later, they were in the final fight. I still enjoyed it, but, definitely the weakest of the three, in my opinion.

The Judd Apatow ranking of movies he's directed or produced (best to worst):

1. 40 Year Old Virgin

2. (Tie) Superbad and Forgetting Sarah Marshall

3. Knocked Up (funny, but overrated)

4. Walk Hard

(DId not see Drillbit Taylor)

The fact that all of these movies besides Drillbit are good is amazing. It's not easy to have only 1 good movie and this guy has been associated with 5 IMO.

Check out the two tv series he wrote - Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared. Both are really, really f'in good.

• 4 weeks later...

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

I found this movie mildly funny. I'm a Sandler fan, and Kevin James, Ving Rhames, & Rob Schneider all had some funny moments. It was what I consider an average, mildly funny, mildly entertaining comedy. There was one great thing, and that was Jessica Biel's absolutely smoking body. A body simply doesn't get much better than hers in this movie. I've never been a hugh fan of hers, as her face just doesn't measure up to the other top-notch Hollywood hotties, but, her body can hold up with anyone.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

I found this movie mildly funny. I'm a Sandler fan, and Kevin James, Ving Rhames, & Rob Schneider all had some funny moments. It was what I consider an average, mildly funny, mildly entertaining comedy. There was one great thing, and that was Jessica Biel's absolutely smoking body. A body simply doesn't get much better than hers in this movie. I've never been a hugh fan of hers, as her face just doesn't measure up to the other top-notch Hollywood hotties, but, her body can hold up with anyone.

I thought it was a waste of time. I did not make it through the whole movie.

1 Star