[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cork It! FFL

twiley

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting to confirm from sundaynfl - any word on whether he will be joining us?

Updated the list for sundaynfl & WashD - now waiting to see if we want 12 teams or more. I have Dookie Style waiting in the wings if any one is planning on dropping out.

Cork it! FFL is alive - time to start hammering out the details.

Updated the list for sundaynfl & WashD - now waiting to see if we want 12 teams or more. I have Dookie Style waiting in the wings if any one is planning on dropping out.

Cork it! FFL is alive - time to start hammering out the details.

As others have mentioned, I have no problem going to 16 if we can find the players.

I'm cool with 12 but if we can get more then so be it.

Has everyone looked into shipping restrictions with their state?

I know PA can be a problem, but I have had stuff shipped in from both WineBid and Southern Wines without a problem. My fall back is to ship to my wife's cousin in NYC and pick it up from him (all assuming I kick butt and win this thing :wacko: )

Edited by nogohawk

Official count for the Cork It! FFL:

1 - nogohawk

2 - Lord Opie

3 - twiley

4 - bier meister

5 - bpwallace49

6 - wiegie

7 - Seattle LawDawg

8 - detlef

9 - Kid Cid

10 - Azazello1313

11 - sundaynfl

12 - WashD

Others mentioned

Dookie Style

Time to get this thing going ...

^

Edited by nogohawk

I'm cool with 12 but if we can get more then so be it.

Has everyone looked into shipping restrictions with their state?

I get wine shipped to me regularly in VA so no problem there.

If they can ship, that eliminates some of the other issues as well. Certain states ban the shipment into from individuals but not retailers or distributors.

Which is particularly odd because most of the resistance to wine shipping comes from those trying to preserve the three tier distribution system. And that has significantly more to do with retailers shipping than some random dude sending his friend a bottle.

Which is particularly odd because most of the resistance to wine shipping comes from those trying to preserve the three tier distribution system. And that has significantly more to do with retailers shipping than some random dude sending his friend a bottle.

I think it is simply easier to regulate someone who goes through a licensing process.

This is straight from the Wine Institute (although I believe they're being a little too protective in their analysis of state law):

Is it okay for a private individual to ship wine?

No, it is never legal for an individual to ship wine. The US Postal services will not carry alcohol under any circumstances. Both FedEx and UPS have company policies that strictly prohibit accepting alcohol shipments from individuals for delivery. These rules are based on their requirement that only entities who have signed a “wine shippers agreement”, which has special provisions regarding liability and packaging requirements as well as reporting components for deliveries into the other states. These agreements are only available to license alcohol retailers and wineries themselves. A primary reason for this is also the special handling and adult signature requirements that are required for alcohol deliveries. The goal is to avoid any possibility of a package being delivered into the hands of a minor. Packages shipped under the wine agreements have to meet rigorous labeling standards, and cannot be handled in the normal default manner of other packages (i.e. adult signature (over 21 years of age) is required for delivery, there can be no signature waiver, and packages cannot be left even with a consumer signature request – the delivery must be made in person so ID can be checked.) Most states do NOT allow shipments from individuals to enter their state – regardless of these rules though, the carriers do not make such shipments.

I think it is simply easier to regulate someone who goes through a licensing process.

This is straight from the Wine Institute (although I believe they're being a little too protective in their analysis of state law):

Well, I guess we're playing for bottle of olive oil then. :wacko: I've never shipped wine to anyone, but I've shipped my fair share of olive oil.

That site is way out of date.

From the Wine Institute:

Starting on July 1, 2006 Colorado is no longer a reciprocity state for direct shipping and requires wineries to have an approved direct shipping permit. Wineries that have been shipping to Colorado under the reciprocity law DO NOT have to complete a new application. The annual renewal fee for applications will remain $50.00. Wineries must pay excise taxes on a monthly basis. The excise tax payment forms will be mailed to wineries that have completed the Winery Direct Shipper’s Permit Application. A physical visit to the winery is no longer required and there are no quantity limits.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great idea you guys have come up with. I need another league like I need a hole in my head but I would have been all over getting in this one. Of course I would have to have Twiley or Beir tell me what wine I would have to purchase but I am sure that I would have won so it would not have mattered that the only thing in my cellar is Boones Farm.

If the need for another owner comes up, give me a yell.