[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" Super Bowl Game Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine. I'm not going to piss in your cornflakes. I wish I could stay in the Matrix too. The truth sucks.

Getting ready to head downtown for the victory parade. Just more evidence that the fix was in as we had this parade scheduled more than a week before the game! :wacko:

Getting ready to head downtown for the victory parade. Just more evidence that the fix was in as we had this parade scheduled more than a week before the game! :wacko:

C'mon Saints fans, act like you've been there before..................oh, wait.

:D

They planned the parade for the team. Win or lose the city wanted the fans to be able to show their appreciation. :D

I just got home. I have a whole crap load of pics. I will sort through them and post the ones worth posting. UNBELIEVABLE! :wacko:

I just got home. I have a whole crap load of pics. I will sort through them and post the ones worth posting. UNBELIEVABLE! :D

:wacko: Wish I coulda been there & can't wait to see the pics. I've heard early estimates of somewhere between 500k & 700k fans showed up for the party.

Edited by rajncajn

:wacko: Wish I coulda been there & can't wait to see the pics. I've heard early estimates of somewhere between 500k & 700k fans showed up for the party.

Official estimates this morning were 800,000+. Bigger than any Mardi Gras parade they've ever had. :D:D:D:D:D

:wacko:

FYI: Mike Florio of Profootballtalk.com took note of my e-mail to him pointing out that ESPN.com jumped the gun a second time at crowing the Saints the Super Bowl winner a full half an hour before it happened. The first time they declared the Saints the winner, was a day before the event. Unfortunately, like many of you clowns, he also made light of my interpretation.

FYI: Mike Florio of Profootballtalk.com took note of my e-mail to him pointing out that ESPN.com jumped the gun a second time at crowing the Saints the Super Bowl winner a full half an hour before it happened. The first time they declared the Saints the winner, was a day before the event. Unfortunately, like many of you clowns, he also made light of my interpretation.

Did you ever think that there was a very similar article ready for print exclaiming Manning's big win?

Great article about Jim Henderson and the season.

This part hit home for me and my childhood at the Dome playing with his son and our other friends in the concourses during games..

And this is a new generation of Saints fans raised on winning and pride instead of losing and embarrassment. These kids are spellbound till the final seconds in the Superdome by a team that never gives up. Mine, meanwhile -- and perhaps yours as well -- were often so disinterested in another lackluster loss that the second halves of games were spent trying to see if you could land a paper airplane fashioned from the game program on the playing field, engaging in a game of nerf-football on the concourses, or trying to commandeer a serving cart to luge down the walkways.
Edited by myhousekey

Did you ever think that there was a very similar article ready for print exclaiming Manning's big win?

Yes, I've heard that point made. I just find it strange that ESPN.com posted the story twice prior to the Super Bowl's completion. Of course, it could be a second mistake, but I wonder why they haven't corrected the second posting. They still have the post with a time stamp prior to Super Bowl end time. Again, ESPN.com's premature postings are just two of my examples that I used to make my overall point.

My posts purposes on this subject are to provide examples and reasoning to speculate on the possibility of a predetermined outcome. Nothing is proven, but one of my goals is to raise awareness of these possibilities, and for folks to be on the lookout for these types of oddities in future games.

Edited by electricrelish

Yes, I've heard that point made. I just find it strange that ESPN.com posted the story twice prior to the Super Bowl's completion. Of course, it could be a second mistake, but I wonder why they haven't corrected the second posting. They still have the post with a time stamp prior to Super Bowl end time. Again, ESPN.com's premature postings are just two of my examples that I used to make my overall point.

My posts purposes on this subject are to provide examples and reasoning to speculate on the possibility of a predetermined outcome. Nothing is proven, but one of my goals is to raise awareness of these possibilities, and for folks to be on the lookout for these types of oddities in future games.

You know, now that I think about it. How is it possible that someone in the stands just after the game had a copy of the Times Picayune with the headlines having the Saints as the winner. And how is it that the Saints players had Championship hats on before time had even run out? There's NO WAY those could have been made that quickly... Have to agree here I THINK YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT!!! :wacko:

Relish, I just looked at your blog & you're actually serious. :wacko:

So, let me get this right, the NFL put hidden clues in their half-time show in the form of the word "who" which relates to the Saints chant "Who Dat?"

Seriously dude, that is the dumbest conspiracy theory I've ever heard, bar none. :D:D

Relish, I just looked at your blog & you're actually serious. :D

So, let me get this right, the NFL put hidden clues in their half-time show in the form of the word "who" which relates to the Saints chant "Who Dat?"

Seriously dude, that is the dumbest conspiracy theory I've ever heard, bar none. :D:D

Is this for real? :D