[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" Super Bowl Game Thread

Chief Dick

Relish, I just looked at your blog & you're actually serious. :wacko:

So, let me get this right, the NFL put hidden clues in their half-time show in the form of the word "who" which relates to the Saints chant "Who Dat?"

Seriously dude, that is the dumbest conspiracy theory I've ever heard, bar none. :D:D

Thanks for the support!

:D

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support!

:D

Yeah, I figured. Congrats... you got 2 hits from me before realizing that's the only thing you were after.

Thanks for the heads up even though I no longer needed it. I'll know to ignore you from here on out. Stay classy. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

Yeah, I figured. Congrats... you got 2 hits from me before realizing that's the only thing you were after.

Thanks for the heads up even though I no longer needed it. I'll know to ignore you from here on out. Stay classy. :wacko:

You are correct that I am serious. Otherwise, I wouldn't have taken the time to write it. I appreciate that you took the time to read it, but I'm not after anything.

I don't think that the hints they left are hidden. For me it's like when I watched a movie or a play that I didn't understand because I didn't pick up on the metaphors and the symbols. Once I started learning how to do that, then I realized that writers and directors weren't hiding anything at all. They were trying to scream what their intent and messages were. That's how I feel about the Super Bowl show. I felt that the show's directors/producers couldn't help but communicate their message. Now, of course, I recognize the fact that I could be totally misinterpreting what I saw, but I simply wanted to put forth my interpretation, and see if anyone saw the same things.

Congrats to the Saints. I have an Aunt and Uncle that live in the area, so I know it means a lot to the people there.

Edited by electricrelish

You are correct. I am serious. Otherwise, I wouldn't have taken the time to write it. I appreciate that you took the time to read it.

I don't think that the hints they left are hidden. For me it's like when I watched a movie or a play that I didn't understand because I didn't pick up on the metaphors and the symbols. Once I started learning how to do that, then I realized that writers and directors weren't hiding anything at all. They were trying to scream what their intent and messages were. That's how I feel about the Super Bowl show. I felt that the show's directors/producers couldn't help but communicate their message. Now, of course, I recognize the fact that I could be totally misinterpreting what I saw, but I simply wanted to put forth my interpretation, and see if anyone saw the same things.

Congrats to the Saints. I have an Aunt and Uncle that live in the area, so I know it means a lot to the people there.

I thought your blog was definitely eye-opening. You should also consider the fact that The Who was signed to play the Super Bowl back in November. There might be more to this than just the one game. :wacko:

I thought your blog was definitely eye-opening. You should also consider the fact that The Who was signed to play the Super Bowl back in November. There might be more to this than just the one game. :wacko:

Thanks for the read. Yes, I'm afraid that I believe it's been fixed for some time. On what level, I don't know. What I mean is that I don't know how many people are involved or how many games. Obviously, it would be easier to control the less people knew, so I've always thought it was just the refs and that the players didn't know. However, sometimes, I think select players know. Honestly, I hope I'm wrong.

One might ask if I think it's fixed, then why do I even watch or care? It's like a person who likes the ballet. The dancers still have to make the great moves. The same is true with the athletes. They still have to execute the plays. And even if it is predetermined, it doesn't mean that I can't still get caught up in it.

Truth is, I want to believe it's real. It's a lot more fun that way. Right now, I don't know for sure, so I still can enjoy it.

Again, my posts are not to try and rain on the Saints. I just was sharing what I thought I saw. For me, it's just something that I tuck away in by back pocket, and if I see something else in the future that makes me go hmmm, then maybe I start putting more pieces together. Or maybe, I never know. And hopefully, I'm totally off-base here, and it's all the real deal, because that would be so much sweeter.

Edited by electricrelish

Perhaps the greatest and most intricate fishing trip in the history of the Huddle. :wacko:

Maybe you can explain to me what a fishing trip is. I've seen people use the phrase on this board, and I always assumed that it was a post that was designed to get reactions or make people angry or to start a fight. If that is not what it means, then please clarify.

Yes, it's true that at times, I will write some joke posts and exaggerate my position about something or play devil's advocate, but that's not the case here. Like rajncajn mentioned, I'm actually serious.

Edited by electricrelish

relish - how do you feel about man walking on the moon? part of me does believe that it was a hoax to boost country morale ...

Hi tonorator,

Yes, you can count me as a person who doesn't buy that we have ever been on the moon. I don't want this thread to go off on a tangent, but I feel there is a lot more evidence for that argument, then there is against the legitimacy of pro sports. If that puts me in a category or labels me as 'one of those guys" or nuts, then so be it.

I don't want this thread to go off on a tangent, but I feel there is a lot more evidence for that argument, then there is against the legitimacy of pro sports.

Yeah, it's a little late for that.

Ok, so what other evidence do you have other than some ESPN dolt posting his article too soon? Which BTW, if you didn't already know this, sports journalists write stories regarding both teams winning well before it actually happens so that they can get their articles out as soon as possible. Dewey wins again...

And please don't include the goofy half-time show theory that your girlfriend came up with. Doing something like that would be a huge & idiotic risk as they would stand to lose a large part of their fan base and sponsorships if it were to ever come out.

Edited by rajncajn

Yeah, it's a little late for that.

Ok, so what other evidence do you have other than some ESPN dolt posting his article too soon? Which BTW, if you didn't already know this, sports journalists write stories regarding both teams winning well before it actually happens so that they can get their articles out as soon as possible. Dewey wins again...

And please don't include the goofy half-time show theory that your girlfriend came up with. Doing something like that would be a huge & idiotic risk as they would stand to lose a large part of their fan base and sponsorships if it were to ever come out.

I don't have any evidence. If I did, I would probably be talking to The New York Times, or writing a book, or keeping my mouth shut for fear of my life (yes, I know that's what a lot of you prefer I do). What I put forth is a theory. I put it out there to see if anyone else saw something like I did.

One thing that I have reconsidered is that choosing the band The Who and Jay-Z and Rhianna's "Run This Town" were completely conscious decisions. What I mean is that I'm not sure if the persons who made these choices were conscious in what they were saying.

Here's where it will seem that I'm going off on a tangent, but I promise it will tie in at the end. I used to write sketches for a local comedy troupe similar to Saturday Night Live. I was young at the time, so I tried to write pieces with a political slant. A few years ago, I found some of those sketches, and I reread them. I realized that what I thought I was writing at the time, wasn’t at all what I was really saying. I'd write a piece that on the surface that was about ageism, but then I discovered that subconsciously I was communicating a completely different personal message about myself.

People say that a director or a writer shouldn't tell you what their movie or book is about because sometimes they are subconsciously communicating a different message. Often movie and literary critics pick up on these subconscious themes, and write what they believe the artist is truly communicating. Have you ever written something and had someone else tell you that they got some meaning completely different than what you intended? Did it set a light off in your head, and then you realized that the other meaning was what you were really saying, without knowing it at the time?

Previously, I wrote that the Super Bowl directors knew the outcome of the game, and they were consciously communicating that the Saints were going to win with the repeated use of the word "who", which I believe was a tie-in to "Who Dat". Now, I've come to consider that they may have made these choices not even realizing the association with "Who Dat". They could have made these choices because they consciously knew the outcome, and unconsciously were communicating it by choosing The Who, etc.

The other possibility that I am now considering is that there was no fix, and that the Super Bowl directors made these choices because their subconscious was aware of who was going to win. Allow me to elaborate what I mean by this statement.

When I was in college, I had a really dry monotone professor that never expressed any emotion. He was always very even keeled. It was an acting class at a conservatory. He intimated a lot of students because they could never gauge how they stood with him. One night I had a dream that our entire class was in Russia, and the teacher was at the podium speaking. He started crying at the podium in my dream.

The next day, before class started, I shared this dream with my classmates. We were a close group because at a conservatory, you have all of your classes with the same group of students. In addition, there were only a total of 750 students. We had class that day and at the end of it, the professor started talking to us about what was going on with his status as the interim dean of the department. He told us that he didn't know if whether he would continue in that role anymore, and he started to cry a little and his voice cracked. We were all in shock because we had never seen any real emotion from this guy, so it took us off guard. It turns out that the rest of the faculty did not like this professor and they were trying to make sure he didn't get the full time dean's position. The professor was also organizing an exchange student program with Russia at the time.

Later on, I spoke with another professor, whom I was studying Carl Jung with. I told him about the dream that had partially come true. I told him that I had no knowledge that the faculty was trying to push the professor out of the dean's position. He told me that what Carl Jung would say is that I may not have been aware of it consciously, but my subconscious was aware that something was going on with that professor. My subconscious was informing me of the situation in my dream.

Now back to the Super Bowl. Watching the halftime show, I thought the Super Bowl directors were repeatedly using the word "Who” It’s possible they knew the outcome and were expressing it consciously or subconsciously. It's also possible that they subconsciously knew the Saints were going to win, and that they communicated this idea through their choices of band and songs for the halftime show. The ESPN.com writer may have subconsciously knew the Saints would win, which is possibly why the article kept getting published early. This idea means that there was no fix. They were plugged into the collective subconscious that was aware of the outcome, and thus expressed it so.

Again, this long post is an expression of my ideas based on what I saw when I watched the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, it took me a few paragraphs to communicate it. It’s probably a lot different than your experience. :wacko: I don’t think it was a coincidence that the halftime show had a heavy use of the word “who”, so I’ve speculated on some different reasons as to why.

Summary of My Theories to my Reaction to the Super Bowl

1. Super Bowl was fixed. Super Bowl directors knew it and consciously expressed it with the repeated use of the word "who" in the halftime show. ESPN.com consciously wrote about Drew Brees winning because they already knew.

2. Super Bowl was fixed. Super Bowl directors knew it and subconsciously expressed it with the repeated use of the word "who" in the halftime show. ESPN.com subconsciously published the Drew Brees winning blurb early because they already knew.

3. Super Bowl was not fixed. Super Bowl directors knew who was going to win subconsciously and subconsciously expressed it with the repeated use of the word "who" in the halftime show. ESPN.com subconsciously knew Drew Brees would win, so they subconsciously kept publishing their article early because they subconsciously knew.

Edited by electricrelish

Realy long post

So that's it? That's all you've got? :wacko:

Seriously, I thought you were trying to get some kind of recognition for you blog, trying to generate hit by posting something way off the wall. Now I think TimC is a little closer to the truth. :D

So that's it? That's all you've got? :wacko:

Seriously, I thought you were trying to get some kind of recognition for you blog, trying to generate hit by posting something way off the wall. Now I think TimC is a little closer to the truth. :D

Well, I wish I could stay and post some more, but the nurse told me that my computer time is up for the day, and I have to go back to my padded room.

Whatever. My keen insight is lost on everyone.