[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blackberry, droid or iphone?

bpwallace49

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Droid X, I have a question though (for those who have it).

How do I send txt messages by sliding acorss the screen letter to letter without raising my finger?

Swype needs to be enabled.

Settings --> Language and Keyboard --> Input Method --> Swype

Games:

Robo defense

Abduction!

Slimeball

Pacific Wings

Space War

Winds of Steel

Any number of card games.

Other Apps I use regularly:

PicSay Pro - very useful for editing pictures

MyTumblr - for the family blog

Flixster - rottentomatoes movie app

Google Finance

Pandora

Google Sky

Astro File Manager

Astrid

Facebook

Ringdroid

And I have quite a bit of my music library on this thing too.

Have fun!

Edited by The Irish Doggy

This may have been said in here already but I have a blackberry. I like what it offers technology wise but the device itself is an absolute piece of crap. My first one malfunctioned. My 2nd one the D key stopped working. I just got a warranty replacement for that one last week and now the U key on the new one barely works..It blows

I'm getting a new phone either later this week or the first part of next week. I'm leaning towards the I-Phone4. I like what my Motarola Driod does but the hardware is crap. In fairness it was the first Motarola droid so they may have improved some. Prior to the droid, I had a blackberry and while I liked it, like Whomper said the hardware was crap, even worse than the motorola. I really haven't looked at much. Both my wife and oldest daughter have I-Phones and love them. That is the reason I'm leaning towards it. Anyone have anything else they would suggest?

any must have apps?

im addicted

Appbrain for sure which makes synching from the web a breeze. You can browse all the apps online, and have apps load up to your phone and also keep another list as a backup of sorts.

I have about 80 apps on my phone and while I have to run to a customer appt, I'll post up later on!

I got the Iphone 4 last Thursday. So far I like it much better than the Motorola Droid and the Blackberry which I had prior to this. This is the first Apple product I've owned since the Apple IIc, so I'm not some Apple crazed person. I have to say I love this phone. Assuming that the hardware holds up, it is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

I got the Iphone 4 last Thursday. So far I like it much better than the Motorola Droid and the Blackberry which I had prior to this. This is the first Apple product I've owned since the Apple IIc, so I'm not some Apple crazed person. I have to say I love this phone. Assuming that the hardware holds up, it is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

Had mine almost a year, with 3 kids in the house and the hardware has held up fine so far.

Did you get it through At & T or Verizon?

My wife's Verizon iPhone just arrived via FedEx today.

She just texted me from her work Blackberry because she's going to the bookstore to get a gift for my cousin, and she wanted me to go to the side of our bed and get the author's name of the book she's reading because she was going to get the same one. She knew the title already. I replied, what the hell did we just buy the iPhone for? She said I was a crappy Internet service. :wacko:

iPhone 4 Apps:

Pandora

Weather Channel

Alarm Clock

ESPN Score Center

Netflix

Mapquest

PageOnce Bills

Walgreens (Really handy for refills, just take a picture of jar's barcode, text to them and they text me back when it's ready for pickup)

CamScanner Free

Errands

Kindle

Free Bible - "YouVersion" (It gives you the options to download different translations so you can read offline and it includes notes and plans, etc. Did I say free!)

Games:

Plants vs Zombies

Angry Birds

NinJump

Pocket Frogs

Doodle Jump

Paper Toss

iBasket

Sudoku

Fruit Ninja

Chess

And I have a pretty good music library with a movie or 2 at times.

Edited by Shaman

Had mine almost a year, with 3 kids in the house and the hardware has held up fine so far.

Did you get it through At & T or Verizon?

Verizon because the service is better in this area, particularly at my house, and because that is where all of our company phones are through. My wife has an AT&T Iphone3, and her service compared to mine sucks. Don't ask why she's on AT&T, it's a burr in my side.

Verizon because the service is better in this area, particularly at my house, and because that is where all of our company phones are through. My wife has an AT&T Iphone3, and her service compared to mine sucks. Don't ask why she's on AT&T, it's a burr in my side.

I had "decent" service when I was in Dallas Fort Worth, but living in Chicago is AT & T land. I never had the service issues others have had.

Enjoy the iphone, I absolutely love mine!

AT&T here in Phoenix is beyond brutal - everyone I know with AT&T is jumping ship to Verizon.

I use my iphone for everyting...business/personal and have had 4-5 days with intermittent coverage in the past month or so

The last time I called in and was told me they had 2 towers down nearby and 5-6 that were "downgraded" whaaaaat?

adios