[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Name a popular movie that you saw years after it

whomper

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a movie, but netflix online just added 3rd Rock from the Sun to their catalog. I recall seeing it here there when its on but didn't recall how clever the show was.

Somewhere with in the first couple episodes they're watching a couple start to get busy from their window and Harry asks "I wonder what he's looking for". Awsome, because it was indirect and they didn't dwell on it. I appriciate comedy that doesn't go out of its way to hit you with every joke like a hammer.

not a movie, but netflix online just added 3rd Rock from the Sun to their catalog. I recall seeing it here there when its on but didn't recall how clever the show was.

Somewhere with in the first couple episodes they're watching a couple start to get busy from their window and Harry asks "I wonder what he's looking for". Awsome, because it was indirect and they didn't dwell on it. I appriciate comedy that doesn't go out of its way to hit you with every joke like a hammer.

one of the best shows ever

Just saw We Were Soldiers last night for the first time. Great, great movie.

Really? I thought it was so overly-manipulative as to be absolutely a condescending, pandering slap in the face.

Randall Wallace wrote Braveheart; he also wrote The Patriot...this is FAR short of the former, if not as execrable as the latter.

Really? I thought it was so overly-manipulative as to be absolutely a condescending, pandering slap in the face.

Randall Wallace wrote Braveheart; he also wrote The Patriot...this is FAR short of the former, if not as execrable as the latter.

I liked it a lot. It was certainly no The Patriot and IMO Braveheart is a total crock of poo so diff'rent strokes, I guess.

I liked it a lot. It was certainly no The Patriot and IMO Braveheart is a total crock of poo so diff'rent strokes, I guess.

Crock of poo as in "it sucks" or crock of poo as in "so historically inaccurate it might as well be fiction"?

Because I'd debate the former, but can't dispute the latter.

Braveheart is a total crock of poo so diff'rent strokes, I guess.

Dont be hatin cause Wallace bitch slapped the English

Dont be hatin cause Wallace bitch slapped the English

Well, not so much - the movie is pretty generous with the facts and has him batting 1-1 in major battles, with style points for knocking up Longshank's daughter-in-law but he probably gets a minus points for getting disembowelled in front of a crowd of people.

Actual history...well, pretty much the same except he didn't bang the hot French chick.

I thought Braveheart was entertaining but very predictable.

I actually enjoy it more as one of those movies that you throw in occasionally for a fun, non-thinking movie.

Maybe I was dissappointed the first time because of the accolades.

I thought Braveheart was entertaining but very predictable.

I'm certainly biased in one sense in that I walked into Braveheart with ZERO expectations (I believe I had read a review that essentially gave it a C+) and it completely blew my socks off.

The thing is that the success of BH (IMDB reports its gross at $75m, which made it profitable but not a blockbuster; awards-wise it was off the hook) jump-started the long-dead swords-and-sandals* genre, giving us stuff like Gladiator, so if you saw it a few years after its release, it probably seemed one of those "all that fuss for this? It's well-made, but..." movies.

Kind of like someone watching the Marx Brothers for the first time can run into a sense of "why does everyone love these guys? All these jokes are like 100 yrs old..." if they don't stop and think "oh yeah, these guys INVENTED this stuff"

* - not all of them were set in the desert but you know what I mean

I'm certainly biased in one sense in that I walked into Braveheart with ZERO expectations (I believe I had read a review that essentially gave it a C+) and it completely blew my socks off.

The thing is that the success of BH (IMDB reports its gross at $75m, which made it profitable but not a blockbuster; awards-wise it was off the hook) jump-started the long-dead swords-and-sandals* genre, giving us stuff like Gladiator, so if you saw it a few years after its release, it probably seemed one of those "all that fuss for this? It's well-made, but..." movies.

Kind of like someone watching the Marx Brothers for the first time can run into a sense of "why does everyone love these guys? All these jokes are like 100 yrs old..." if they don't stop and think "oh yeah, these guys INVENTED this stuff"

* - not all of them were set in the desert but you know what I mean

I think that you are misumderstanding me (fn Wiscoinsin ba$tards).

I love Braveheart and saw it when it came out. I was dissapppinted the first time and love it now.

BTW: Gladiator sucks.

Well, not so much - the movie is pretty generous with the facts and has him batting 1-1 in major battles, with style points for knocking up Longshank's daughter-in-law but he probably gets a minus points for getting disembowelled in front of a crowd of people.

Actual history...well, pretty much the same except he didn't bang the hot French chick.

Yeah but he yelled "Freedom" and got everyone psyched. Ursa knows it is accurate. He was there

Yeah but he yelled "Freedom" and got everyone psyched. Ursa knows it is accurate. He was there

They were all English (excepting Hamish, Steven, and the ghost of Murryn). They were probably going "oh those wacky Scots"

They were all English (excepting Hamish, Steven, and the ghost of Murryn). They were probably going "oh those wacky Scots"

Why are you crapping on my Ursa being old joke ?