[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Name a popular movie that you saw years after it

whomper

funny ... i of course saw dr. strangelove after it's original airing in 1964 and understood instantly why it is a classic ... in fact it is one of my all-time favorite films. to say the same about it's a wonderful life (1946) goes without saying.

2001: a space odyssey, however, which came out in 1968, was painful to endure and did not hold up at all for me. with a big stretch, i might be able to see how at the time is had an impact, but it's a big stretch.

i still need to see anchorman.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda dug Waterworld too. :wacko:

I saw that years after it came out...but the biggest movie I just watched a couple of years ago was Godfather I and II. Excellent movies that I doubt I would've appreciated as much when I was younger.

Now that I've had Netflix a couple of years, my list is almost dwindled to nothing. I'm not much of a movie person so it was pretty long. I would do without most entertainment before ever giving up Netflix now.

Edited by TimC

Shawshank Redemption

That movie kicks so much ass it's hard to compare with others. AMC or something was playing it last night and almost got sucked in to rewatching it, but I had to get some sleep in while I could. I DVR'd it though so I can watch it some other time.

That movie kicks so much ass it's hard to compare with others. AMC or something was playing it last night and almost got sucked in to rewatching it, but I had to get some sleep in while I could. I DVR'd it though so I can watch it some other time.

:wacko: I did get sucked in and watched the whole thing. What a great movie.

:wacko: I did get sucked in and watched the whole thing. What a great movie.

Nice :tup: I was at the part where he is playing the opera music over the loud speakers. Almost got me to watch the whole darn thing. If it wasn't for the baby getting up 3 times a night, I would've probably finished the whole show.

Gangs of New York

Yeah..Saw that one late too. Always watched parts of it but finally a year or 2 ago saw the whole thing. Daniel Day lewis was awesome in that

Saving Private Ryan was another one I saw many years after its original release

Nice :wacko: I was at the part where he is playing the opera music over the loud speakers. Almost got me to watch the whole darn thing. If it wasn't for the baby getting up 3 times a night, I would've probably finished the whole show.

I caught it last night too. It is in my top 5 of all time and I'm a sucker for watching it when it comes on the toob. I caught it when the fat dude wouldn't shut up and got a beat down. Its just one of those movies I must watch....over and over. Kinda like The Green Mile to some extent.

I just saw this for the first time myself about a month ago. Lawrence Fishburne was a skinny little runt. When the cinematographer (Vittorio Storaro) gave props to Alfred Hitchcock with the profile shadow on Marlon Brando's bald head, I about crapped myself. I was almost embarrassed that I had never seen it. All my buddies gave me some serious grief for that slip.

:wacko: