[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Went to a local course yesterday with a friend. Because we were a twosome they charged us an additional five bucks each to play - then they paired us up with another twosome thus creating a foursome. IS this the norm???

I know I wont be playing there again.

They charged the other twosome the extra five as well.

Went to a local course yesterday with a friend. Because we were a twosome they charged us an additional five bucks each to play - then they paired us up with another twosome thus creating a foursome. IS this the norm???

I know I wont be playing there again.

They charged the other twosome the extra five as well.

Ridiculous.

Get on their Facebook page, twitter, whatever they got. Put 'em through the ringer on social media. I bet that policy changes real quick.

Ridiculous.

Get on their Facebook page, twitter, whatever they got. Put 'em through the ringer on social media. I bet that policy changes real quick.

+1

You're doing them a favor by joining up with the other twosome, not the other way around. That's crazy.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If they paired you up, they should have at LEAST refunded the $5 or given you 19th hole credit, a bucket of range balls or a sleeve. The fact they charged you in the first place is shady at best. Is this policy in writing or is the pro shop dude making some cash on the side. I agree, go social media on there ass.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If they paired you up, they should have at LEAST refunded the $5 or given you 19th hole credit, a bucket of range balls or a sleeve. The fact they charged you in the first place is shady at best. Is this policy in writing or is the pro shop dude making some cash on the side. I agree, go social media on there ass.

its on the board posted - but if youre gonna charge me a premium to play as a twosome, then I should play as a twosome - Don't worry, they already got a nasty email and I will be spreading the word. Hopefully the 20 extra bucks was worth the loss of business

its on the board posted - but if youre gonna charge me a premium to play as a twosome, then I should play as a twosome - Don't worry, they already got a nasty email and I will be spreading the word. Hopefully the 20 extra bucks was worth the loss of business

Exactly.

I have definitely seen courses pair up twosomes before but never heard of an extra charge. That's fairly irritating.

yeah - I don't mind getting paired up. It actually makes sense - but again, don't charge me extra and then pair me up.

• 1 month later...

Some courses around here offer a "special" or lower price if you book as a foursome, but I have never heard of them charging extra at the course for booking as a twosome. And, it is complete BS that they paired you up after charging you the $5 extra. I would have told the starter to either go get the $10 back or refused to play as four.