[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems like a bad FF year for WR in general

1fastdoc

This year I started off drafting the best available WR crew with the intent to get RB later, particularly after newbies began to shine after vets went down. I thought that would allow me to dominate.

Not so much.

Thankfully my RB crew has held ground because as a whole my WR crew has been less than productive. Cooper, Jeffery, Cobb up until recently and perhaps again soon, Hopkins, Maclin, Beckham, Landry, Neslon...

I have been looking at trades but other than a very select few, none of the WR are putting up monster numbers this year and none seem worth trying to obtain, other than perhaps Evans.

Anyone else notice this trend? Think it will change in the back half of the season?

it has been strange. Usually a Vet WR1 will continue to be consistent ('ish), but there have been many regressions in offense this year. QB play and offensive line play, injuries, free agency

- Cutler

- Fitz

- Bortles

- Wilson

- Cam

I'm sure there are others.

EDIT:

- Tate was lost, but seems to have found the light

- Marshall was looking to be much better especially with Decker back

- JJones didn't even notice WR2 left

- Jordy lost a step?

so there has been factors, but I did not think it would be this bad over many teams.

Edited by XFlash

This year I started off drafting the best available WR crew with the intent to get RB later, particularly after newbies began to shine after vets went down. I thought that would allow me to dominate.

Not so much.

Thankfully my RB crew has held ground because as a whole my WR crew has been less than productive. Cooper, Jeffery, Cobb up until recently and perhaps again soon, Hopkins, Maclin, Beckham, Landry, Neslon...

I have been looking at trades but other than a very select few, none of the WR are putting up monster numbers this year and none seem worth trying to obtain, other than perhaps Evans.

Anyone else notice this trend? Think it will change in the back half of the season?

In a league (12 teamer) where I traditionally go WR heavy, I flipped the script this year. I let Julio and Dez go, and kept David Johnson. With pick 2 overall I took Zeke, then when it wrapped around I passed on TY and took DeMarco Murray. I'm 6-1 so far, #2 in points. I planned to keep Johnson all along, but when I got the 2 pick I chose to go RB heavy for a change. I picked up CMix in about the 8th round, and lucked into Crowell. I probably should have upgraded QB (Bortles/Cousins), but need the RB depth both for Demarco's injury risk as well as for his week 13 bye and tough playoff schedule. WRs are Landry, Matthews, and then a motley crew of WW flashes in the pan (including Ty montgomery).

I'm clearly in the running, but there is one more team out there that's really stacked. I'll need to catch him at the right time in the playoffs (or hope someone else does) to win it.

edit to add - we are past the trade deadline (kickoff week six).

...and to answer your question. I'm skeptical because the weather is about to turn.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

My story is with the Chargers. In one league, I own Benjamin and Williams. On any given week, you never know who Rivers will prefer. I think this is based obviously on exploiting weaknesses in the secondary. Another example is Humphries from the Bucs. He had a few good weeks and was labeled some places as his "preferred" second target but that came to pass quickly. I think you're seeing a separation of the stud WR's and the matchup WR's more than ever this year.

With that being said, I'm an owner of Cooper in one league and he's been very disappointing so far. I wouldn't have any hair left if I would have drafted Robinson... Picking the right WR2 or WR3 every week has been haphazard at best...

• Like 1

I have the opposite issue. Very happy with Cooper, Benjamin, Sanders, Thomas as my core. Once Abdullah went down and sitting Coleman on his big days, I didn't draft well at RB.

I'm with you, so far not bad with DT, Landry, JMatthews along with WW grabs of Beasely and Crowder, now I snagged Tavon Austin off waivers. But my top 2 RB of Abdullah and LatMurray did not pan out as expected, moreso Abdullah. Luckily I also drafted Crowell and Coleman, and had DWill for a few weeks. Now Coleman is out, but Murray is back. I continue to scramble to fill RB holes created by bad drafting/keeper.

Oh and my TE sucks, but somehow I'm 5-2 (low points against).