[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon hoping for September reinstatement

michaelredd9

• 2 weeks later...

Come on man. Puff Puff hasn't played since..............Well let's just say he will have to figure out how to readjust his hands from caressing a bong to a football. Josh is DONE folks. Smoked if you will. I wouldn't count on him if I had too. We have a guy just like that on the cowboys. Bong hit Gregory. Would rather hit the pipe then the field. That is saying something. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:50 AM, Cowboyz1 said:

Come on man. Puff Puff hasn't played since..............Well let's just say he will have to figure out how to readjust his hands from caressing a bong to a football. Josh is DONE folks. Smoked if you will. I wouldn't count on him if I had too. We have a guy just like that on the cowboys. Bong hit Gregory. Would rather hit the pipe then the field. That is saying something.

I hear he's got a football shaped bong so he's already working on that part

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

I bet he is in Cleveland because he has an appointment in Gotham City next week with Goodell.  He is probably being coached what to say to Mr Boss Man.

Guessing this (or similar reports) are the basis for news that he is in Cleveland.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/10/3/16406328/pft-josh-gordon-hasnt-applied-for-reinstatement-yet

Either way, any talk of reinstatement is still premature.

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

In a 13-minute documentary on Uninterrupted, Josh Gordon discussed his history of drug use, his suspensions, his relationship with Roger Goodell, and his future.

The documentary (linked below) is worth a watch. Gordon admitted to using several drugs including Xanax, cocaine, and codeine in addition to Josh Gordon and admitted his first trip to rehab in 2014 was just a "publicity stunt." He says his latest trip -- this documentary was filmed in the midst of it -- is different, however, and the entire experience "has been humbling." Now out of rehab, Gordon is expected to apply for reinstatement soon.

I really think this kid should be given another chance. I don't think the NFL should be the judge and jury of societal matters and if they're worried about The Shield, has this kid actual done anything to piss on the shield? Has he hit women or started bar fights or such?

I don't think self-inflicted, private "injuries" of drug use should be that punishable if no one else is harmed.

I do think that WE FANS should have a say in how the NFL is run.

:fishy:

• Confused 1

I didn't watch the video but read an article that covered its highlights, and it told me that most of what I thought about Josh was right. He was using drugs many times, and has been doing so much of his life. He doesn't think its a big deal, or anything he should apologize for or feel bad about since "it was going on all around me".

Furthermore on at least one occassion he entered rehab just to make himself look good, and help his cause for playing in the NFL:

He's immature, not sure he's gotten much better now. It wasn't that long ago that the NFL was trying to contact him to go for drug tests and he was nowhere to be found, nobody he knew family agent whatever could reach him.

I think players should honor the rules they agree to when they sign a contract for privilege of playing a sport for huge monetary gain. If they cannot do that, I have no problem with the owners (including the commish who gets his power from them) to drop the hammer on people, especially repeat offenders that don't seem to care about the rules.

This isn't coming from some moral high ground, but from a simple sense of being responsible for your actions and following the rules you agree to. If my employer tells me I canont smoke Josh Gordon, and they're testing me and I get caught, I expect to be punished. Not given 2nd, 3rd...10th chances to spit in their face.

Give the man another chance. Not everyone ha had the luxury of positive reinforcement or role models in their life. Addiction is a real mental illness and if you've been conditioned to believe you're above the law for your whole life it gives the addiction that much more power over you. Now if he screws up AGAIN after this most recent, seemingly genuine and very public mea culpa, then yeah, it's over.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LordOpie said:

do y'all really care about The Shield?

why not let the individual teams decide if they want to take that risk or not?

I don't follow, the NFL is the shield, and the leauge should not have any say in this? So let teams decide if it is OK to ignoring players using drugs, beating weomen, breaking the law, etc?

Teams will decide, once he's reinstated the Browns can decide to keep him, trade him or cut him. And other teams can expess interest in him according. But they generally ignore problems if the player has enought talent, especially if those problems don't bother the fans, or are not known.

I care about people following rules, acting light spoiled children and ignoring them because they were enabled before, and have never been punished for screwing up. I don't care if the guy could make the Browns a SB contender, I'm tired of the nonsense and excuse making.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

CBS Sports is reporting that Josh Gordon will be meeting Wednesday with the NFL about his possible reinstatement. They also are reporting that the Browns are trying to trade his rights before the Tuesday trade deadline not knowing if he will be reinstated or not. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-browns-are-reportedly-considering-a-trade-of-suspended-wr-josh-gordon/

Edited by dope man

Just now, dope man said:

CBS Sports is reporting that Josh Gordon will be meeting Wednesday with the NFL about his possible reinstatement. They also are reporting that the Browns are trying to trade his rights before the Tuesday trade deadline not knowing if he will be reinstated or not.

This doesn't make sense, nobody is going to trade for him without him being reinstated first, so a Wednesday meeting is too late for a trade with the deadline being later today.

I see the same report in the Plain Dealer, I believe that he's in NY to meet with Goodell and hopes for reinstatement, and that the Browns would like to trade him and are looking for partners. But that trade seems unlikely while he's still suspended.

Just now, pegos said:

Held on to him for 7 weeks and then had to drop him on my bye bloadre this pst week. Was pretty sure this would happen but still. Lol

Hasn't played in 3 years...odds are you're not missing out.