michaelredd9

Josh Gordon hoping for September reinstatement

dope man    74

Who knows....he was really good once upon a time.....just depends on IF he gets reinstated and IF he really wants it....

BRUISER    3

Took him with the last pick in my draft.   Could be .a home run. If not reinstated I can drop him.  The rest of my team is solid so I'm taking a chance. 

captain77    11

I read recently that Gordon's chances of getting reinstated are better than 50-50...whatever that means.  Any other info swirling around?

loaf    820

I haven't heard anything

LordOpie    1,407
2 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

He's still owned in dynasty's I'm in. 

In the three dynasties I'm in, he's been owned during his entire suspension. 

Cowboyz1    495

Come on man. Puff Puff hasn't played since..............Well let's just say he will have to figure out how to readjust his hands from caressing a bong to a football. Josh is DONE folks. Smoked if you will. I wouldn't count on him if I had too. We have a guy just like that on the cowboys. Bong hit Gregory. Would rather hit the pipe then the field. That is saying something. 

• Like 1

DanTheMan_5    132

May as well pick up Justin Blackmon while you're at it. 

• Like 1

michaelredd9    814
26 minutes ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

May as well pick up Justin Blackmon while you're at it. 

Dang, I had totally forgotten about him.  He is only 27!

stevegrab    829
On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:50 AM, Cowboyz1 said:

Come on man. Puff Puff hasn't played since..............Well let's just say he will have to figure out how to readjust his hands from caressing a bong to a football. Josh is DONE folks. Smoked if you will. I wouldn't count on him if I had too. We have a guy just like that on the cowboys. Bong hit Gregory. Would rather hit the pipe then the field. That is saying something.

I hear he's got a football shaped bong so he's already working on that part

stevegrab    829
1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

I bet he is in Cleveland because he has an appointment in Gotham City next week with Goodell.  He is probably being coached what to say to Mr Boss Man.

Guessing this (or similar reports) are the basis for news that he is in Cleveland.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/10/3/16406328/pft-josh-gordon-hasnt-applied-for-reinstatement-yet

Either way, any talk of reinstatement is still premature.

loaf    820

very premature...

• Haha 1

LordOpie    1,407
39 minutes ago, loaf said:

very premature...

You're just gonna softball pitch that in there? 

Big John    598

:pc: This one:

CowboysDiehard    317
19 hours ago, loaf said:

very premature...

Don't knock the kid, he has high hopes!

LordOpie    1,407

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

In a 13-minute documentary on Uninterrupted, Josh Gordon discussed his history of drug use, his suspensions, his relationship with Roger Goodell, and his future.

The documentary (linked below) is worth a watch. Gordon admitted to using several drugs including Xanax, cocaine, and codeine in addition to Josh Gordon and admitted his first trip to rehab in 2014 was just a "publicity stunt." He says his latest trip -- this documentary was filmed in the midst of it -- is different, however, and the entire experience "has been humbling." Now out of rehab, Gordon is expected to apply for reinstatement soon.

I really think this kid should be given another chance. I don't think the NFL should be the judge and jury of societal matters and if they're worried about The Shield, has this kid actual done anything to piss on the shield? Has he hit women or started bar fights or such?

I don't think self-inflicted, private "injuries" of drug use should be that punishable if no one else is harmed.

I do think that WE FANS should have a say in how the NFL is run.

Def.    599
4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

In a 13-minute documentary on Uninterrupted, Josh Gordon discussed his history of drug use, his suspensions, his relationship with Roger Goodell, and his future.

The documentary (linked below) is worth a watch. Gordon admitted to using several drugs including Xanax, cocaine, and codeine in addition to Josh Gordon and admitted his first trip to rehab in 2014 was just a "publicity stunt." He says his latest trip -- this documentary was filmed in the midst of it -- is different, however, and the entire experience "has been humbling." Now out of rehab, Gordon is expected to apply for reinstatement soon.

I really think this kid should be given another chance. I don't think the NFL should be the judge and jury of societal matters and if they're worried about The Shield, has this kid actual done anything to piss on the shield? Has he hit women or started bar fights or such?

I don't think self-inflicted, private "injuries" of drug use should be that punishable if no one else is harmed.

I do think that WE FANS should have a say in how the NFL is run.

:fishy:

• Confused 1

stevegrab    829

I didn't watch the video but read an article that covered its highlights, and it told me that most of what I thought about Josh was right. He was using drugs many times, and has been doing so much of his life. He doesn't think its a big deal, or anything he should apologize for or feel bad about since "it was going on all around me".

Furthermore on at least one occassion he entered rehab just to make himself look good, and help his cause for playing in the NFL:

He's immature, not sure he's gotten much better now. It wasn't that long ago that the NFL was trying to contact him to go for drug tests and he was nowhere to be found, nobody he knew family agent whatever could reach him.

I think players should honor the rules they agree to when they sign a contract for privilege of playing a sport for huge monetary gain. If they cannot do that, I have no problem with the owners (including the commish who gets his power from them) to drop the hammer on people, especially repeat offenders that don't seem to care about the rules.

This isn't coming from some moral high ground, but from a simple sense of being responsible for your actions and following the rules you agree to. If my employer tells me I canont smoke Josh Gordon, and they're testing me and I get caught, I expect to be punished. Not given 2nd, 3rd...10th chances to spit in their face.

pegos    55

Give the man another chance. Not everyone ha had the luxury of positive reinforcement or role models in their life. Addiction is a real mental illness and if you've been conditioned to believe you're above the law for your whole life it gives the addiction that much more power over you. Now if he screws up AGAIN after this most recent, seemingly genuine and very public mea culpa, then yeah, it's over.

• Like 1

NAUgrad    82

How many times is enough for him.  And how many excuses can we come up with for him to get re-instated.  Playing in the NFL is a privilege period!  If he doesn't understand that by now he never will.

LordOpie    1,407

do y'all really care about The Shield?

why not let the individual teams decide if they want to take that risk or not?