Recommended Posts

His lack of production is tied to Dak IMO. Romo spread the field and threw deep. Dink and Dak cant complete a pass greater than 10 yards. Give dez a guy like brees and he will be a no doubt tier 1 wr

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, whomper said:

His lack of production is tied to Dak IMO. Romo spread the field and threw deep. Dink and Dak cant complete a pass greater than 10 yards. Give dez a guy like brees and he will be a no doubt tier 1 wr

thanks!

so I'm not the only one who thinks that Dez is not done, that Dez and Dak didn't necessarily work great together, and that going to NOS isn't a crazy idea.

I'm trying to acquire Dez in my dynasty leagues, but my league mates are asking too much. So either their minds are stuck 3-5 years back or they agree that Dez has more to give.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, whomper said:

His lack of production is tied to Dak IMO. Romo spread the field and threw deep. Dink and Dak cant complete a pass greater than 10 yards. Give dez a guy like brees and he will be a no doubt tier 1 wr

 

Dink and Dak :lol:

 

It's true!  https://thelandryhat.com/2018/02/07/dak-prescott-laughably-defeated-in-an-accuracy-competition/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2018 at 8:47 AM, whomper said:

His lack of production is tied to Dak IMO. Romo spread the field and threw deep. Dink and Dak cant complete a pass greater than 10 yards. Give dez a guy like brees and he will be a no doubt tier 1 wr

I had a friend was a big baseball player
Back in high school
He could throw that speedball by you
Make you look like a fool boy
Saw him the other night at this roadside bar
I was walking in, he was walking out
We went back inside sat down had a few drinks
But all he kept talking about was
Glory days, well, they'll pass you by
Glory days, in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:
I had a friend was a big baseball player
Back in high school
He could throw that speedball by you
Make you look like a fool boy
Saw him the other night at this roadside bar
I was walking in, he was walking out
We went back inside sat down had a few drinks
But all he kept talking about was
Glory days, well, they'll pass you by
Glory days, in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory day

Depending on where Dez signs, you will see. I am right here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whomper said:

Depending on where Dez signs, you will see. I am right here. 

Right, because if he pairs up with Rodgers or Brady, he'll be "elite" again, right?   Those guys make everybody they throw to look better than they really are.  Anywhere else, and he's still going to be Dez, which is a guy who shrivels in the face of adversity.  Whether it be a lack of chemistry with his QB, facing a top-tier CB, or whatever the case may be, Dez doesn't handle it well.  So, yeah, we MIGHT see a resurgence from Dez if he signs in the right place, but I would say the odds of him becoming a "Tier 1" WR again are pretty minimal.  He's four years removed from any semblance of a great season, and only half of that can be blamed on Dak.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gopher said:

Right, because if he pairs up with Rodgers or Brady, he'll be "elite" again, right?   Those guys make everybody they throw to look better than they really are.  Anywhere else, and he's still going to be Dez, which is a guy who shrivels in the face of adversity.  Whether it be a lack of chemistry with his QB, facing a top-tier CB, or whatever the case may be, Dez doesn't handle it well.  So, yeah, we MIGHT see a resurgence from Dez if he signs in the right place, but I would say the odds of him becoming a "Tier 1" WR again are pretty minimal.  He's four years removed from any semblance of a great season, and only half of that can be blamed on Dak.  

So romo was elite. Finally, this board makes some sense. He dealt with injury as well in those 4 years. Even a decent passing qb will make dez relevant again. I love the heart dak has , but he cant throw deep.  I was one of the few people that felt we were better off with romo. I agreed it was going to be hard to sit dak after what he did in romos absence, but i knew romo was head and shoulders above as far as a passer. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, whomper said:

So romo was elite. Finally, this board makes some sense. He dealt with injury as well in those 4 years. Even a decent passing qb will make dez relevant again. I love the heart dak has , but he cant throw deep.  I was one of the few people that felt we were better off with romo. I agreed it was going to be hard to sit dak after what he did in romos absence, but i knew romo was head and shoulders above as far as a passer. 

I think Romo was better than average, and Dez was in his prime during the 2012-2014 stretch in which he averaged roughly 90 catches, 1300+ yards, and 14 scores.  I don't think Dez is necessarily washed up or old (he's only 29), but I think there are a number of reasons why the chances of him becoming a #1 WR (in terms of FF) again are slim.  First and foremost, there are a number of places he could go where he wouldn't even be the best WR on the team.  Being #2 on any team in the NFL means he's coming nowhere close to the numbers I referenced above.  The exceptions to that might be NE and GB, and I'm sure there are reasons that I haven't even thought of that make both of those scenarios unlikely.  He's not putting up those numbers next to OBJ in NY (see Brandon Marshall).  He's certainly not putting up those numbers in NOS with Michael Thomas (not to mention NOS focusing more on run than pass the past couple of years), or with Julio in ATL.  And, he's not putting up those numbers in places like PIT, MIN, CAR, SEA, etc.  Those are just the first few good teams that crossed my mind.  I haven't even started with the (longer) list of bad teams that he wouldn't begin to sniff those numbers with, for a variety of reasons.  A change of scenery isn't going to help Dez if the team isn't a contender, and the list of contenders that could really use him at this point is a fairly short list.  

 

I guess it depends on our definitions of relevant.  Do I think Dez could go somewhere and put up 60 catches for 800 yards and 6 TD's?  Assuming he stays healthy and develops at least a moderate level of chemistry with the team/coach/QB, sure.  But, if I had to put a number on it, not knowing where he will end up, I would say the chances of him reaching 1000 yards and 8 TD's is around 5 percent.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah even if he goes to NEP or GBP there's no way he gets close to his old numbers.  Those offenses spread things around way too much for him to put up WR1 type of stats.

 

He'd be lucky to approach 1,000 and 5-6 TDs regardless of location.  I think 800/4 sounds about right if he lands in a good spot.  He'd probably still have the red zone chops so maybe the TDs get up to 6 but that's in a very ideal location and assuming perfect health.

 

Saw his Instagram video with OBJ... probably means nothing but the team cutting Marshall could be a signal.  Maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If I were playing the Cowboys this year,  i wouldn't even field a secondary.  I would just put every eligible person on the line to stop zeke. 

Edited by whomper
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, whomper said:

If I were playing the Cowboys this year,  i wouldn't even field a secondary.  I would just put every eligible person on the line to stop zeke. 

 

I tried this on Madden.  It didn't end well!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2018 at 11:47 AM, whomper said:

His lack of production is tied to Dak IMO. Romo spread the field and threw deep. Dink and Dak cant complete a pass greater than 10 yards. Give dez a guy like brees and he will be a no doubt tier 1 wr

I disagree. I think he's lost a cpl steps and has hands like bricks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it taking so long for a no doubt tier 1 WR to get a contract?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2018 at 4:14 PM, HowboutthemCowboys said:

I disagree. I think he's lost a cpl steps and has hands like bricks 

this is what I saw... the guy is cooked.

 

and most plays he did manage to make he had a defender draped all over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.