[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Experienced the best fantasy football moment of my life tonight

DildoShwaggins

I'm down 1 point to one of my good buddies and I need the win to clinch a bye in the playoffs. I had Houston's defense playing and the Titans get the ball back after the 2 min warning. Only way I win is with a turn over. Last play of the game, Henry fumbled and Houston recovered the ball, thus giving me my 2 points I needed. It was the craziest moment in FF for me ever. Plus the look on his face and all the manure he was talking before that play just made it even sweeter.

Henry muto winning $100,000 in one of the main events was one of my best moments in FF ever!

2 hours ago, DildoShwaggins said:

I'm down 1 point to one of my good buddies and I need the win to clinch a bye in the playoffs. I had Houston's defense playing and the Titans get the ball back after the 2 min warning. Only way I win is with a turn over. Last play of the game, Henry fumbled and Houston recovered the ball, thus giving me my 2 points I needed. It was the craziest moment in FF for me ever. Plus the look on his face and all the manure he was talking before that play just made it even sweeter.

Haha that's awesome. Did you know him out of the playoffs by chance?

7 hours ago, irish said:

Henry muto winning $100,000 in one of the main events was one of my best moments in FF ever!

For all your leagues and all your previous teams, I'm sure watching someone else win isn't your best moment... (unless he is Irish jr....)

However as I am 0-2 lifetime against mr muto, I will enjoy beating him (if we meet again this year in the finals)

1 regular season game, 1 playoff final over 2 seasons (this far)

Edited by millworkguy

Ahhh I remember it like it was yesterday.  Week 16 of the 2013 season.  My team was ridiculous.  Drew Brees at his fantasy football peak, McCoy, AP and Murray having some of their best seasons.  Andre Johnson, Megatron and Brandon Marshall having their best seasons.  Jason Witten doing Jason Witten things.  And IDPs to match.

I was going up against @Gopher in the championship game, and I had SFO LB Navorro Bowman.  He had Anquan Boldin.  

I was up a few points going in, but Boldin quickly got to work, catching 4-5 balls in the 1st half.  More of the same in the 2nd, and included a TD.  Bowman was an ultra-stud at this point, so nothing was out of reach.  Back and forth they went.  Boldin would catch a couple balls, then Bowman would make a couple tackles.

Time winding down against Matt Ryan and Atlanta.  Niners kick an onside kick to try getting the ball back to no avail (whew), so this gets Bowman on the field and Boldin off it for the last couple of minutes.  ATL is up big but for some reason, still throwing the ball.

My buddy, who had accompanied me to one of my favorite sports bars, is trying to console me, as I was a good 5ish points down, meaning I would need 3 solos to pull off the narrowest of wins.  He's not much of a sports fan, so he had no idea what he was asking, but goes... "what happens if your guy intercepts the ball for a TD?".  I laugh and say "yeah right".  

Two plays later, Ryan tries a terrible slant pass that Bowman takes 90 yards to the house, and I win by 5 points on basically the last play of the game.  I proceed to dance like a crazy person right in the middle of the bar.  :lol: 

Sorry G-man, I will never forget that one.

59 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

For all your leagues and all your previous teams, I'm sure watching someone else win isn't your best moment... (unless he is Irish jr....)

However as I am 0-2 lifetime against mr muto, I will enjoy beating him (if we meet again this year in the finals)

1 regular season game, 1 playoff final over 2 seasons (this far)

No doubt!  Been playing since 1989, I have more amazing finishes than I can remember, both coming up short and bringing home the bacon. 

Best moments so far:

First discovering FF, local league that my then gf fot ne to join with her, it was week 2 or something and I was losing again with only Dallas Clark going against their Miami def, and I started monday night down by 20 (ish points).  Clark has almost 200 yards, a td Miami scores (-) points and I win.  Cementing its appeal .

My first championship (for obvious reasons)

Of this season... losing earlier this season by 2.9 points ...... till stat corrections came out on Thursday,  I got an assisted tackle, they lost a tackle and I win by .1.  My 2nd smallest margin of victory ever.

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

Best moments so far:

First discovering FF, local league that my then gf fot ne to join with her, it was week 2 or something and I was losing again with only Dallas Clark going against their Miami def, and I started monday night down by 20 (ish points).  Clark has almost 200 yards, a td Miami scores (-) points and I win.  Cementing its appeal .

My first championship (for obvious reasons)

Of this season... losing earlier this season by 2.9 points ...... till stat corrections came out on Thursday,  I got an assisted tackle, they lost a tackle and I win by .1.  My 2nd smallest margin of victory ever.

Nice!

The following season in the league I mentioned above (ConFusion, btw), I won on a stat correction (Carlos Dunlap got a sack added) by a point and a half.   I was of course at the same sports bar (mojo, baby!) and was rooting for Dunlap hardcore.  He only had 2 solos and 2 assists, but they added the sack...

Two real crazy finishes.