[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nick Chubb thread

Shaft

I have the 6th pick in a 1/2 point PPR league. I am seriously considering taking Chubb. I think he's a better back than Hunt. I think Hunt will take 3rd down work from Chubb when he gets back and cut into his production but Chubb has the talent to keep Hunt off the field.

Hunt has unique skill in balance and route running but we don't know if those skills translate to the Browns offense.

Browns running backs coach Stump Mitchell said Nick Chubb will "be used a little more in the passing game" this season.

"I think [Chubb's] going to be special like he was last year,’’ Mitchell said. "He’ll be used a little more in the passing game than he was last year. Nick just continues to improve on the skillset that he has, and I think he has a fantastic skillset.’’ Chubb averaged an increased 2.9 targets on 12.7 routes per game once coach Freddie Kitchens ceded Hue Jackson last season, and Duke Johnson's recent departure likely ensures those marks swell. Although Kareem Hunt could siphon third-down duties upon returning from his eight-game suspension to start the year, Chubb remains a potential positional week-winner and first-round option during the first half of the season.

SOURCE: Cleveland.com
Aug 21, 2019, 11:20 PM ET

Honestly, some of this, not all, makes sense. He's in a much better situation than DJ and when you think about it like that, he should be drafted mid first round.

Edited by Shaft

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Honestly, some of this, not all, makes sense. He's in a much better situation than DJ and when you think about it like that, he should be drafted mid first round.

It depends on non PPR vs 0.5 PPR vs full PPR, IMO.  Trends have heavily swung to receiving being a huge portion of RB scoring in full PPR leagues.  Recently read that for 2 straight seasons 50% of PPR scoring for RB1s has been amassed from the receiving game.  If you're drafting Chubb mid first round in PPR leagues, you're essentially banking on him getting considerably more involved as a reciever and/or putting lights up running numbers to justify his DP.

Edited by Bobby Brown

• 1 month later...

I took him 5th overall in one league and paired with Ekeler, I'm riding high. Now this week, it's a different story. I'm gonna need bigger things from the kid in Oakland, Jacobs. I'm still starting all 3, just need Jacobs to step it up and Chubb to keep it, um, up.