[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monday Night Football Browns/49ers

boltnlava

I can barely handle Booger.  Paraphrasing "sometimes OBJ is passing, sometimes he is lining up at different spots, sometimes you don't practice that".  Huh?   "Baker Mayfield has had an up and down day".  What?  If that was "up and down" I'd like to see what just "down" is.  He could think a little more and talk a little less

Edited by purplemonster
  • Thanks 1

Really happy with the defensive performance again and the run game is legit. This is a young team and sky is the limit going forward the next several years. I love the hate already from people in my circle and around the football world who just can’t stand the niners becoming a good team again. But that defensive front is beastly if they can get some depth in the defensive backfield the next couple years that defense is gonna be lights out. Feeling real good on this Monday night been a while since I loved my team and the direction it was heading! Go Niners!!! :coach:

Whats up bier? Come see me in the Pacific Northwest! I’m the only one rocking a Jimmy G jerzee :D

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

The 49ers are a very good team, especially on defense.

Their offense also exposed all the glaring holes (some due to injury) on the Browns defense.

What a horrible game, Browns are headed for a 2-5 record with upcoming games with SEA and @NE with a bye in between. Luckily we have 7 games left against bad team with 1 or zero wins (CINx2, PITx2, AZ, MIA, DEN) and only 2 tougher games (BAL & BUF) both at home. Still 8-8 or maybe a bit better is the best we can hope for. Kept trying to tell people 8-9 wins was more reasonable than their 12-14 wins and dreams of a Super Bowl victory.

Baker looked bad, and the whole offense is suffering again because of no time to throw, and inability to catch.

11 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Not enjoying this game from a fantasy perspective as my opponent needed 50 pts to catch me and he has Landry and Chubb.  It seems everything runs through those guys.  That INT helped.  Mayfield didn't make a bad throw but was somewhat hard and away.  Have to give that one to Callaway. I wonder if OBJ owners are getting concerned.   I might be if I was an OBJ owner.  Bosa is a stud.  

Seems odd that you were not enjoying the game when it seemed very unlikely those guys were going to get the 50 points needed to beat you. Maybe that first word was supposed to be NOW instead of NOT. 

I was yelling at Callaway to do something after he committed a penalty when it was first and goal from the 9, of course he goes total DERP and lets the ball glance off his hands at the goal line. Dude you were out for 4 games, get a big opportunity and blow it. I'd rather see Higgins back or one of the other WR in that position if you're going to make a blunder like that.

10 hours ago, millworkguy said:

cant believe odb, was that selfish, your down by 25 with 7 min to go.  stop trying to do it all, and play it smart (don't fumble away the ball)

Game was over long ago, that play didn't matter and most people didn't see it. (Why was anybody still watching that train wreck of a game in the 4th quarter.)

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Went to bed at half. I was up 9 opponent had Chub and Landry. Thought for sure I was cooked. This game we love is fooked 

You expected some production out of the Browns offense after watching the first half?  You're more optimistic than most browns fans. I usually watch on DVR and started earlier than usual, so I was live by halftime. I turned it off to watch something entertaining and finish my beer. I came back in about 23 minutes, watched a bit of the 3rd quarter and realized it was not getting any better. 

BTW your league must not give many points for yardage, Chubb+Landry in my league scored 17 points (1pt/10 rush/rec)

31 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Seems odd that you were not enjoying the game when it seemed very unlikely those guys were going to get the 50 points needed to beat you. Maybe that first word was supposed to be NOW instead of NOT. 

I was yelling at Callaway to do something after he committed a penalty when it was first and goal from the 9, of course he goes total DERP and lets the ball glance off his hands at the goal line. Dude you were out for 4 games, get a big opportunity and blow it. I'd rather see Higgins back or one of the other WR in that position if you're going to make a blunder like that.

No, they both started fast, every play seemed to be going through Chubb and Landry the first quarter.  Landry had nearly 10 pts 0.5 ppr in the first quarter and Chubb not far behind.  They didn't do much of anything after the 1st q.  

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

You expected some production out of the Browns offense after watching the first half?  You're more optimistic than most browns fans. I usually watch on DVR and started earlier than usual, so I was live by halftime. I turned it off to watch something entertaining and finish my beer. I came back in about 23 minutes, watched a bit of the 3rd quarter and realized it was not getting any better. 

BTW your league must not give many points for yardage, Chubb+Landry in my league scored 17 points (1pt/10 rush/rec)

I was up 28 at kickoff, 9 at Half time. Think Chubb+Landry combined for 1 point in second half. We have normal PPR scoring. 

I said it several times this off-season...the O-line scares me. Nothing's changed...Getting rid of Zeitler for Corbett was about as bad a move as Dorsey's made during his Browns' tenure.

1 hour ago, loaf said:

I said it several times this off-season...the O-line scares me. Nothing's changed...Getting rid of Zeitler for Corbett was about as bad a move as Dorsey's made during his Browns' tenure.

It's a Hodge podge of egos and talent. Everyone knew that it would either go really good or really bad. It's trending South, and fast 

26 minutes ago, loaf said:

You're wrong but I'll let you think you're right

How much $$ is tied up in that receiving Corp? And only 100 yards passing on Monday night. You got bigger problems than the O-Line my friend. You got Tim Tebow with the #1 overall pick so far. And yes the front office is still a bunch of DLOTS. 

Edited by League_Champion

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

How much $$ is tied up in that receiving Corp? And only 100 yards passing on Monday night. You got bigger problems than the O-Line my friend. You got Tim Tebow with the #1 overall pick so far. And yes the front office is still a bunch of DLOTS. 

DUH you need an O-line and time to throw to have a passing game. 

Tim Tebow, wow that is moronic.  Front office DLOTS, what are those? Some new south jersey STD?