[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN+ Questions

Shaft

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

Anyone use this?

Does subscription include live NFL games? I'm considering this Disney+ package with Hulu and ESPN+, but when I look at the description for ESPN+ is never directly mentions live NFL games.

I do not have it, but everything I understand is they only have college games.

• Thanks 1

This what I use for football and everything else:

Hulu Live - Gives me ESPN(MNF), local ABC. CBS. & Fox affiliates and gives me the NFL games they broadcast in my area, also extensive college coverage

Sling  -  NFL Network & Redzone

The only NFL games I don't get is Sunday Night Football on NBC because Hulu doesn't broadcast the local NBC affiliate from Reno for some reason. 

Disney+ already hacked:

1 minute ago, slambo said:

This what I use for football and everything else:

Hulu Live - Gives me ESPN(MNF), local ABC. CBS. & Fox affiliates and gives me the NFL games they broadcast in my area, also extensive college coverage

Sling  -  NFL Network & Redzone

The only NFL games I don't get is Sunday Night Football on NBC because Hulu doesn't broadcast the local NBC affiliate from Reno for some reason. 

Disney+ already hacked:

I'll be streaming YouTube TV after football season. I currently have Direct TV and it's beyond horrible. 

45 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'll be streaming YouTube TV after football season. I currently have Direct TV and it's beyond horrible. 

Been using YouTube tv for a couple years and it has been great. I’ve used, Hulu, sling, and fubo in the past and YouTube is the best. I’m also a past user of directv for many years

And Hulu Live is about to raise their price  $10/month to $55. All these streaming services will continue raising prices, bandwidth will get throttled and internet provider will raise their rates. Before long cord cutters will be paying as much as people with pay TV. Especially if they need multiple streaming services to get the desired programming.

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

And Hulu Live is about to raise their price  $10/month to $55. All these streaming services will continue raising prices, bandwidth will get throttled and internet provider will raise their rates. Before long cord cutters will be paying as much as people with pay TV. Especially if they need multiple streaming services to get the desired programming.

Agree 100%. It will be interesting to see how this all works out. I did get an antenna a few years ago when I cut the chord and the family has adjusted well.

50 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Agree 100%. It will be interesting to see how this all works out. I did get an antenna a few years ago when I cut the chord and the family has adjusted well.

Not sure if I'll ever cut the cord, may need to see how all that stuff works first. I like the convenience of DVR records it I turn TV on and watch when I like. I've done some streaming and it never seems that simple. 

I added an antenna when U-Verse bastards cut my local CBS during March Madness one year. It's still there and I check it occassionally, but at 30 miles from the towers I'm on the fringe of good reception.

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

How do you like it as a whole? I'm dropping Direct TV as soon as football season is over and will be streaming. I looked into YouTube TV and that seems pretty good. 

46 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

How do you like it as a whole? I'm dropping Direct TV as soon as football season is over and will be streaming. I looked into YouTube TV and that seems pretty good. 

I have a digital antenna and it all depends on how close you are to a tower. We get about 20 channels through the antenna which provides most of the "live" and local stuff we need (i.e. CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC, PBS, CW, etc.). We complement it with Netflix and Amazon Prime. Strongly considering the Disney+ package for $12.99 which includes Hulu and ESPN+. We don't need live streaming because of the antenna. The only downfall is access to football games outside of the regional games. 

14 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I have a digital antenna and it all depends on how close you are to a tower. We get about 20 channels through the antenna which provides most of the "live" and local stuff we need (i.e. CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC, PBS, CW, etc.). We complement it with Netflix and Amazon Prime. Strongly considering the Disney+ package for $12.99 which includes Hulu and ESPN+. We don't need live streaming because of the antenna. The only downfall is access to football games outside of the regional games. 

I like the idea of that much better. I have about 400 channels right now and maybe watch 10-15 of them. I'd much prefer ala carte programming. 

Everyone would like a la carte programming, not least of which people who don't watch sports and pay big money for ESPN in basic cable. I don't watch many channels either, but do peruse a bunch outside my core group. Still less than 10% of them would be all I need.

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Everyone would like a la carte programming, not least of which people who don't watch sports and pay big money for ESPN in basic cable. I don't watch many channels either, but do peruse a bunch outside my core group. Still less than 10% of them would be all I need.

What do you care? All you need Steve is The Golden Girls and the Hallmark Channel. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shaft said:

Go to Chrome and change your geolocation.  You're welcome. 

8 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Not sure if I'll ever cut the cord, may need to see how all that stuff works first. I like the convenience of DVR records it I turn TV on and watch when I like. I've done some streaming and it never seems that simple. 

I added an antenna when U-Verse bastards cut my local CBS during March Madness one year. It's still there and I check it occassionally, but at 30 miles from the towers I'm on the fringe of good reception.

I think my brother has the Roku PSVue and has cloud dvr. 

Edited by mitpdub

8 hours ago, mitpdub said:

I think my brother has the Roku PSVue and has cloud dvr. 

Cloud DVR has pros and cons. My brother in NorCal has it, when his power kept going out (including a few times during NFL games) it kept recording and he could watch later once he had power. But if you have power and no internet then you cannot watch anyway. Not that I've experienced lots of times without internet access. And I know we all rely on that for many things these days.

• 4 months later...

Update: I recently moved into a new home and decided to go with FUBO TV's Ultra Package. It's $79 but has everything that DirecTV has and more including local channels. It comes with a Sports Package that includes NFL Network, Redzone, all of the ESPNs, a DVR, etc. Hopefully I get to watch them but I'll keep you posted. So far I like it a lot.