[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 17 Championship Game?

League_Champion

I'm in one this year. Started a new league and the commissioner made it two week per round playoffs. So right now got a 13 point lead going into this week. It sucks because I had Lamar Jackson carry my team all year and now I'm having to go with either Prescott or d. Jones. I also have Hopkins and not sure what to do there. I know they said they will play to win, but I have my doubts.

9 hours ago, theirish said:

I'm in one this year. Started a new league and the commissioner made it two week per round playoffs. So right now got a 13 point lead going into this week. It sucks because I had Lamar Jackson carry my team all year and now I'm having to go with either Prescott or d. Jones. I also have Hopkins and not sure what to do there. I know they said they will play to win, but I have my doubts.

That does suck. And even if they do play, for how long? The best team will probably NOT win the Championship. 

10 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I'm just curious how many people are in a Week 17 Championship game. I've never been in a league that played into week 17. I can only imagine how hard it must be to put a viable lineup together. 

I would recommend no one ever have a Week 17 championship game.  I had one last year and half your players are sitting or only playing a quarter.  Makes no sense. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I would recommend no one ever have a Week 17 championship game.  I had one last year and half your players are sitting or only playing a quarter.  Makes no sense. 

I know, how do you even prepare? It's not fair to go through a whole season putting together a roster that probably won't play in week 17 anyway. I personally think week 16 is to late. I think all Championship Games should be week 15 at the latest. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

I know, how do you even prepare? It's not fair to go through a whole season putting together a roster that probably won't play in week 17 anyway. I personally think week 16 is to late. I think all Championship Games should be week 15 at the latest. 

Agreed, even week 16 is a pain as many teams are pretty set and already thinking about sitting guys.  I have never had a week 15 but i'd be all in favor 

I'm in 2 week championship.  My team is dog poop.

Dropped Fitzmagic for Daniel Jones

CMC

Mostert

Kupp

Ward Jr

Not sure on flex: Boone :angry:, picked up Gus Edwards, Lat Murray, Thielen

Going against Brees, Barkley, Freeman, Perriman, some others.

I'm down 21 after week 16.  Standard scoring.

I'm lobbying for a change next year.

3 hours ago, buddahj said:

I am and I hate it. It's a 10 team league where only 4 teams make the playoffs. Each playoff round is 2 weeks long. I made the finals but have some serious holes to fill if I want to win. It's also winner take all. 

Same setup as me.  Total trash.

On 12/25/2019 at 8:49 PM, League_Champion said:

I'm just curious how many people are in a Week 17 Championship game. I've never been in a league that played into week 17. I can only imagine how hard it must be to put a viable lineup together. 

I'm in one league where they do it.  I've won the league 3 times in the last 12 years.  Week 17 is a mess with tons of wiaver pick ups from the 2 surviving teams.  It can feel like both teams are redrafting.

It's weird and it sucks.  Until you win.  Then you don't mind it as much.  If you are good at spotting waiver-wire gold, and only the two teams in the finals have the ability to pick players up, then it's weird, but doable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

I'm in one league where they do it.  I've won the league 3 times in the last 12 years.  Week 17 is a mess with tons of wiaver pick ups from the 2 surviving teams.  It can feel like both teams are redrafting.

It's weird and it sucks.  Until you win.  Then you don't mind it as much.  If you are good at spotting waiver-wire gold, and only the two teams in the finals have the ability to pick players up, then it's weird, but doable.

Yeah, sounds interesting for sure. 

On 12/26/2019 at 7:20 AM, League_Champion said:

Not to mention it's a different kind of research IMO.  Early in the year, it's fun to look at who you think is going to break out.  What is not fun, is the end of the year guessing game on how many quarters Christian McCaffrey will play and who is backup is, and who will play in a meaningless game.  It's not exactly fun research.