[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NEWS Thread

League_Champion

Antonio Brown's status is getting more bizarre every day..    Agent fired him last week, Personal trainer allegedly committed battery on a moving truck driver yesterday.  Now he has locked himself at his residence.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/antonio-brown-has-reportedly-locked-himself-in-his-house-amid-battery-investigation/ar-BBZdUIc?li=BBnba9I

1 hour ago, Big John said:

Antonio Brown's status is getting more bizarre every day..    Agent fired him last week, Personal trainer allegedly committed battery on a moving truck driver yesterday.  Now he has locked himself at his residence.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/antonio-brown-has-reportedly-locked-himself-in-his-house-amid-battery-investigation/ar-BBZdUIc?li=BBnba9I

I was holding out hope until I saw the video of him berating the cops.  I understand being hot headed on the field but what the hell was that?  Call the cops, they do their job and you taunt and insult them??

I finally agree, he's nuts.  Probably bipolar from the limited stuff released to the media.  I can't imagine any team being desperate enough to take that risk.  I guess when we drop 5 players in the fall for our rookie draft he'll be on my cut list.  Right next to Jordan Reed.

1 hour ago, 1fastdoc said:

I was holding out hope until I saw the video of him berating the cops.  I understand being hot headed on the field but what the hell was that?  Call the cops, they do their job and you taunt and insult them??

I finally agree, he's nuts.  Probably bipolar from the limited stuff released to the media.  I can't imagine any team being desperate enough to take that risk.  I guess when we drop 5 players in the fall for our rookie draft he'll be on my cut list.  Right next to Jordan Reed.

He seriously needs help. I can't believe his handlers haven't tried to help him. Unless they are gone to. 

Have to wonder where this is going to end up? It is almost without precedent as far as I can remember. He seems so removed from the world the rest of us live in but he has money to exist within whatever he thinks is reality. This all smacks of something that is not going to end well. He is never going to "come to his senses" and resume being one of the best wideouts in the NFL. That boat has sailed. But so long as the media gives him attention, he'll act out. I just hope he doesn't hurt anyone or himself. He seems that imbalanced. And as far as I have ever heard, he has no drug problem to blame his erratic behavior on.

But you have to know that someone as rich and famous as him no doubt surrounds himself with enablers and sycophants. It's like watching a car skidding out of control, waiting to see what it hits.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:41 PM, 1fastdoc said:

He's headed for Delonte West territory. 

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's sad what's happening to Delonte West. 

True, but plenty of people that never had the opportunities he's had suffer thru that and worse. It bothers me that celebrities who hit rock bottom get all this attention while others (including many veterans) are ignored. 

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

True, but plenty of people that never had the opportunities he's had suffer thru that and worse. It bothers me that celebrities who hit rock bottom get all this attention while others (including many veterans) are ignored. 

But when you are crazy you don't believe you're crazy, everyone else is crazy. That's why many with mental illness never get the necessary treatment. It has nothing to do with money.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:32 PM, League_Champion said:

But when you are crazy you don't believe you're crazy, everyone else is crazy. That's why many with mental illness never get the necessary treatment. It has nothing to do with money.

Yes the person needs to admit they need help, then try to find it. Do you really believe that somebody who is a celebrity and has money doesn't have easier access to mental health providers than a homeless vet?  I do not, and also read these other celebrities offering to help Delonte West, are they as willing to help the non celebrities, the poor, the homeless? Again I think not.

One more thing, I still think some people do things to try and appear to have some form of mental illness simply to excuse their irrational behavior. For a while I thought that was the case with AB, not so sure not. 

On 2020-01-24 at 2:32 PM, League_Champion said:

I think it has more to do with concurrent disorders, when you need help, it's often for more then 1 thing.  But help is hard to get for concurrent issues, as it doesnt click nice neat boxes in mental health circles.  They dont want to deal with an alcoholic who is suicidal, they want you to only have 1 issue at a time.