[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fitzmagic

Shorttynaz

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

When given a chance this guy does this year after year. I do not understand why a team will not go into the season allowing him to be their starting quarterback.  

Agreed to an extent. The issues are, along with the magic games, he's thrown up plenty of stinkers as well. I remember when he played for the Bucs it was like having 2 Winstons at times with the big games and then meltdowns.  Plus, Fitz is old.  Any team investing in Fitz will be preparing for the future at the same time. He certainly has great mentor written all over him.  

Edited by irish

Fitz is 37 I think.

If I remember right, his last starting gig was with the Jets from 2015 through 2016. I think he just flamed out and the team moved on from him. :what:

Jets homers help me out here.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

37 minutes ago, irish said:

Agreed to an extent. The issues are, along with the magic games, he's thrown up plenty of stinkers as well.

This x100. When the dude stinks, he stinks up the whole weekend. He also hasn't shown the leadership qualities of a good QB. He's had opportunities. I remember his time in Buffalo and he was average, at best. I just think at this stage in his career, he doesn't care. He's out there having fun. 

1 minute ago, Gourdeau said:

What he and the Dolphins did yesterday was historical. Largest upset in NFL in 20 years. 17 pt underdogs. On the road at Gillette with the pats playing for the bye. Non sense. "Magical" 

That victory and how it makes absolutely no sense is why i think things are fixed. There's just no way that outcome ever happens and yet it did. 

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, irish said:

That victory and how it makes absolutely no sense is why i think things are fixed. There's just no way that outcome ever happens and yet it did. 

A good point Irish.  I can't say that a NFL ref hasn't taken cash before but I don't think personally there is any systemic issue.  What looks like fixing is more likely just bad officiating.  Most teams have been the recipient of some pretty terrible calls.  As for the players, it's probably too complex a game for a player to really do it, and also they are being paid a lot, and I doubt someone wants to pay a player a huge sum with no guarantee of winning.  Unless it is some unusual prop bet.  

Edited by purplemonster