[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quinnen Williams Arrested

League_Champion

I'm sure he simply forgot he was carrying his gun with him :rolleyes:   I've heard that excuse almost every time this happens, from athletes, celebrities even one of Akron's own city council members did this one time.   Doesn't sound like the action of a responsible gun owner.

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I'm sure he simply forgot he was carrying his gun with him :rolleyes:   I've heard that excuse almost every time this happens, from athletes, celebrities even one of Akron's own city council members did this one time.   Doesn't sound like the action of a responsible gun owner.

Agree. It's actually something's that happens quite often. I was briefly detained once because they found a round in my carry on. It was a small bag that I often took to the range. Apparently I  didn't clean it out to well. But to bring a loaded gun to an airport? There's no excuse. 

On 2020-03-06 at 3:31 PM, League_Champion said:

Agree. It's actually something's that happens quite often. I was briefly detained once because they found a round in my carry on. It was a small bag that I often took to the range. Apparently I  didn't clean it out to well. But to bring a LOADED gun to an airport? There's no excuse. 

First sentance of the article said it was UNLOADED!

35 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Yup, but for someone given a ticket and released, I think the article and headlines surrounding this suggest much worse then what occurred 

Alabama and NY do not have reciprocity laws on the books. In other words if you have a permit in Alabama like he does, it means absolutely nothing in NY, you cannot carry across state lines. Even worse to carry on Federal property, loaded or not. That being said he'll probably just get a fine and have his permit revoked in Alabama. He won't be allowed to own a gun ever again. 

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Alabama and NY do not have reciprocity laws on the books. In other words if you have a permit in Alabama like he does, it means absolutely nothing in NY, you cannot carry across state lines. Even worse to carry on Federal property, loaded or not. That being said he'll probably just get a fine and have his permit revoked in Alabama. He won't be allowed to own a gun ever again. 

So a slap on the wrist as if he had gotten a speeding ticket...

6 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

So a slap on the wrist as if he had gotten a speeding ticket...

Yes and no. He COULD be in big trouble but with a good lawyer, he'll probably get a fine and loss of gun privileges. If it was you or I we'd be in deep trouble. But loosing your gun rights is a big deal, at least for us who value that. I doubt you do but many others do. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

Yes and no. He COULD be in big trouble but with a good lawyer, he'll probably get a fine and loss of gun privileges. If it was you or I we'd be in deep trouble. But loosing your gun rights is a big deal, at least for us who value that. I doubt you do but many others do. 

Your right, i don't care, as where i live we don't have any gun rights.

I bet with his money, even a bad lawyer and a PSA he loses gun rights for 1-5 years, and back to normal.  So he hires a Bodyguard from time to time

1 minute ago, millworkguy said:

I bet with his money, even a bad lawyer and a PSA he loses gun rights for 1-5 years, and back to normal.  So he hires a Bodyguard from time to time

No, he won't be allowed to own a gun ever again. But he may not even care about that anyway. 

20 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I was going to say for somebody who likes to carry a gun and wants to do so legally, losing that right is far more than a slap on the wrist. 

20 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Curious where you live, must be outside the US because all citizens of the US have various gun rights. 

Edited by stevegrab

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Haha. Yeah, there's not many gun restrictions here. And that's a good thing in my eyes. Unlike Chicago, LA, Baltimore and others where only bad guys have guns we have the right to defend our families. Is that bad? 

.....aaaaaaaand here we go!

:fishy::fishy:

:pop:

• Like 1