[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andy Dalton signs with the Cowboys

Shaft

Andy Dalton is zero threat to Prescott and as a starting QB would set this franchise back another 10 years.

Having said that, the contract is cheap and having QB2 insurance is a wise move. If it's a football move, not bad. If it's Jerrah thinking he's negotiating then he deserves everything he has coming to him.

7 hours ago, stethant said:

Andy Dalton is zero threat to Prescott and as a starting QB would set this franchise back another 10 years.

Having said that, the contract is cheap and having QB2 insurance is a wise move. If it's a football move, not bad. If it's Jerrah thinking he's negotiating then he deserves everything he has coming to him.

He'll definitely make a great backup but Knowing Jerrah I'd bet my life it's more of a negotiating ploy. 

8 hours ago, stethant said:

What has Dak shown besides major inconsistency behind a great o-line? Dalton is a threat because that signing is going to be in the back of Dak's mind. Now they have 2 one year signed QBs with Dak's franchise tag.

Let's not forget Dalton is only 32 and took the crappy Bengals to multiple playoffs games. I think it does give the Cowboys some room and time to think about things.

I also agree that Dak has plenty to worry about with Dalton.  At the very least he is a cheap facsimile anyway of a good QB with loads of starter experience and not that old.  If Dak had the ability to win big games Id say he'd have less to worry about but he haan't shown that ability yet. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2020 at 7:40 AM, Shaft said:

What has Dak shown besides major inconsistency behind a great o-line? Dalton is a threat because that signing is going to be in the back of Dak's mind. Now they have 2 one year signed QBs with Dak's franchise tag.

Let's not forget Dalton is only 32 and took the crappy Bengals to multiple playoffs games. I think it does give the Cowboys some room and time to think about things.

dont forget - he lost every one of those.

I would love it if he started over Dak. I seriously mean that . Dalton is a pro who knows how to stretch the field and utilize his weapons. ask AJ Green . Dink and Dak will take us nowhere

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

:lol: 

Dude, a little perspective here. It's the freaking Bengals!!!!!!

watch him under pressure during prime time.

he missed routes, he under throws, holds the ball too long...

every major game - he chokes.

1 hour ago, dug said:

watch him under pressure during prime time.

he missed routes, he under throws, holds the ball too long...

every major game - he chokes.

Oh yeah, Dak is so much better!