[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

betting league week 11

Dr. Sacrebleu

...we just live in it

St. Louis -1.5 At Buffalo 40

At Baltimore -8 Dallas 36.5

At Cleveland -1 NY Jets 37

Pittsburgh -4 At Cincinnati 40.5

Indianapolis -7 At Chicago 44.5

At Minnesota -7.5 Detroit 48

At Carolina -3 Arizona 36.5

At Jacksonville -3 Tennessee 36.5

At Tampa Bay -7.5 San Francisco 41.5

Denver -4 At New Orleans 47

At Seattle -9.5 Miami 37

San Diego -4 At Oakland 48

Atlanta -2.5 At NY Giants 40

At Philadelphia -11.5 Washington 38

Green Bay -3 At Houston 49.5

New England -3 At Kansas City 52.5

Chavez 8-11-1

stLouis

Baltimore

Seattle/Miami 37 OVER

San Diego

Sacrebleu 11-9

NE-3

G bay-3

Denver-4

Dallas+8

Crispiron 16-4

jets + 1 @ cleveland

san fran/tampa over 41.5

san diego/oakland under 49

carolina -3 vs. arizona

Spain 7-12-1

chargers -4

falcons -2.5

jets+1

broncos-4

Sarge 10-10

NYJ +1

GB -3

Car/Arz over 36.5

CLE/NYJ over 37

for those that may be looking at this thread and seeing my record and perhaps even betting my picks beware: i'm a little uneasy about the picks this week. i only played one game that was involved in the system i had been using. the jets. on record, the other 3 games were hoston +3, the gmen +2.5, and k.c. +3.

jets +1 at cleveland. follows the 2 game bounce back, good team, getting pts or laying a small number. cleveland has also been pretty sad defensively lately. props to sarge going out and not only taking the jets, but the over. i see the game the same way.

carolina -3 vs. arizona. i like this play but i'm leary of the injuries to delhomme and there lack of running game. i usually like teams returning home after a road victory, facing an average or weak opponent, and laying a low number. az has played much better and have actually won a road game. i still think they are average at best and probably still one of the weaker teams in the nfl. they seem to be playing alot better under tice though.

sandiego/oakland under 49. a few weeks ago when these two teams played i scoffed at the over/under being so high (46) and had that under as one of my picks. the only game i lost that week. is my ego getting in the way here??? possibly. i read something on a newsblogger that the raiders worked very hard during there bye week on pass defense. san diego scored 49 in the first affair. i said after i lost that game that san diego wouldn't sniff 35 pts the rest of the yr. i'll stand by that.

sanfran/tampa over 41.5. something just kept drawing me back to this. san fran has given up some pts the last few weeks to some not so powerful offenses. the bucs are scoring pretty well. just a hunch here that this game has at least 45 or more pts scored.

Chavez 8-11-1

St. Louis -1.5 At Buffalo 40

At Baltimore -8 Dallas 36.5

At Seattle -9.5 Miami 37 OVER

San Diego -4 At Oakland 48

Right now, I'm wishing I could redo my picks. As it is, I like SD and Bal - whereever those games are being played, Oak and Dal are just BAD. I bet Bal's D outscores the 'Boys offense. I dunno WHY I picked struggling Sea and punchless Mia to hit the over, and I'm not in love with St Louis over Buffalo; St Louis has been uneven and Buffalo seems as though they might be putting it together a bit.

I'd probably jettison St Louis and OVER picks and take Atlanta and Arizona right now - Atlanta's D is gonna eat up the rook Manning and I firmly believe that Arizona getting points against a bad team will be a good bet for the rest of the year.

Edited by Chavez

NE-3

G bay-3

Denver-4

Dallas+8

The last two weeks, I went 2-2 (actually I always go 2-2 except for one week where I was 3-1) without feeling very good about my selections. This is the week where I make up some serious ground on crisp, though unfortunately I kind of like his picks as well.

New England is giving up a few more points than I would like, but there is no way in heck that NE a team that always fins a way to win loses to a team that always finds a way of losing. As a betting man, I would take New England and the money line to be safe, but that not being part of my nautre, I am betting on the line this week.

The bipolar Saints had their good week last week. No way they repeat against a solid football team.

I got burned by this a few weeks ago, but even though Dallas is awful how does Baltimore get 8 points on anyone? Final score 19-16 Baltimore.

Green Bay has been on a serious tear, asking them to do it one more week is tough. The only pick I feel a bit iffy about....

I run an office pool.  For the first time ever, I didn't get any wrong with Packers and Patriots left to play.  I'd be happy to get one wrong.   :D

569362[/snapback]

Seeing uglytuna lose, OK. :D

Edited by Big John

another 3-1 week for me but ahhhh, what could have been. san fran has the ball at the bucs goal line at the end of the game. they run it twice and can't get in. would have swept another week with that garbage touchdown. i figured they would have at least scored 10 pts in that game. 19-5 after 6 weeks. nearly 80%. next year i may have to start a tout service that actually works.

another 3-1 week for me but ahhhh, what could have been.  san fran has the ball at the bucs goal line at the end of the game.  they  run it twice and can't get in.  would have swept another week with that garbage touchdown.  i figured they would have at least scored 10 pts in that game.  19-5 after 6 weeks.  nearly 80%.  next year i may have to start a tout service that actually works.

569476[/snapback]

Very impressive, crispy. San Fran not being able to muster 7 points is just stupid.

Still, I'm starting to sense some head-swelling... :D

Very impressive, crispy. San Fran not being able to muster 7 points is just stupid.

Still, I'm starting to sense some head-swelling... :D

569640[/snapback]

agreed, but the head swelling is due to the fact that i just knocked off the undefeated sarge in fusion. on the other hand, my wallet is swelling due to the tear i'm on betting.

i'll try to tone it down a little....nobody likes an ungracious winner.

kudos to spain for being the first person to have a better record than me for the week.

agreed, but the head swelling is due to the fact that i just knocked off the undefeated sarge in fusion.  on the other hand, my wallet is swelling due to the tear i'm on betting. 

i'll try to tone it down a little....nobody likes an ungracious winner.

kudos to spain for being the first person to have a  better record than me for the week.

569845[/snapback]

Like I told you in the Fusion thread, you dont know how to handle success. Act like you have been there before or like you know what your talking about. Saying woo hoo look at me, is only telling us all you are shocked yourself at your success whether that is true or not.

I made the SB in Fusion last yr and was 10-0 this yr before this past week when I lost by 2 pts, and havent bragged as much in 2 yrs as you have the past 3 days I expect to be in the SB every year, and the road there is meaningless to me. One day you may figure that out.

Also The former undefeated Sarge in Fusion is happy as hell your sad sack team is on the cusp of the playoffs instead of AC who poses a real challenge in the playoffs. He has had the worst luck this year outscoring you by over 100 pts. Sorry to ruin your parade, but going undefeated is not the goal, winning a title is. If I have to lose any game all yr, putting your overachieving team in the playoffs in the loss is a win for Sooner Nation. I offered you a bet for the playoffs, but of course you balked, or wanted points in a fantasy matchup. How sad is that Crispy.

Great job here though, you are schooling us all in this little endeavor, and Im up over 3K on the year. but can't buy a win here. Fortunately for me, I bet college and only 1 pro game a week, not 4 as we do here. If I had to do that every week, id be eaten up with Juice on the year instead of up.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Like I told you in the Fusion thread, you dont know how to handle success.  Act like you have been there before or like you know what your talking about.  Saying woo hoo look at me, is only telling us all you are shocked yourself at your success whether that is true or not.

I made the SB in Fusion last yr and was 10-0 this yr before this past week when I lost by 2 pts, and havent bragged as much in 2 yrs as you have  the past 3 days  I expect to be in the SB every year, and the road there is meaningless to me.  One day you may figure that out.

Also The former undefeated Sarge in Fusion is happy as hell your sad sack team is on the cusp of the playoffs instead of AC who poses a real challenge in the playoffs.  He has had the worst luck this year outscoring you by over 100 pts. Sorry to ruin your parade, but going undefeated is not the goal, winning a title is.  If I have to lose any game all yr, putting your overachieving team in the playoffs in the loss is a win for Sooner Nation.  I offered you a bet for the playoffs, but of course you balked, or wanted points in a fantasy matchup.  How sad is that Crispy. 

Great job here though, you are schooling us all in this little endeavor, and Im up over 3K on the year.  but can't buy a win here.  Fortunately for me, I bet college and only 1 pro game a week, not 4 as we do here.  If I had to do that every week, id be eaten up with Juice on the year instead of up.

573193[/snapback]

let me address each paragraph.

my team in fusion was one of the worst last yr. pretty good turn around wouldn't u say? surprised i'm doing this well, hell yea!

u offer me a bet which even with my good record is very one sided. you have been a powerhouse in this league 2 yrs running with very few losses. do i look like i would be that gullible? nice try ahab.

thanks for the props on the betting league. i have been fortunate.

I go 3-1, spain goes 4-0; can we declare a temporary end to the bisexual death march?

569264[/snapback]

You are both still under .500.

And now you and your boyfriend have matching records 11-12-1 as well as matching purses I'm sure.

What do you think? :D

:D

and to recap:

rich capitalist pig crisp just keeps on getting richer on the backs of the working class punters, going to 19-5

sarge and sacrebleu continue to eke out a living over the mendoza line, both going 2-1-1 bringing their respective records to 13-10-1 and 12-11-1.

and we of course know about chavezelina and spainalicious.

weird thing is that I still totally beleive I am going to beat crisp at the finish line.