[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle

Streaker

They may not be totally deserving the way they've played, but neither does anyone else in that division.  The Rams are 5-5 with 4 wins coming from their own division.  They've lost to a number of below .500 teams.  I hope the Cards win the division and go to the playoffs.

569246[/snapback]

Not to mention the rest of the NFC is a dog this year, except the Eagles.

Based on the way they played today, they deserve to forfeit any right to a playoff berth AND their first round draft pick for being so crappy.

569267[/snapback]

As a homer, there is nothing for me to argue with here. They find a way to lose...or almost lose.

I think the best thing the Hawks could do to help themselves is better play calling, and to trade off their WR's...who seem allergic to pigskin. Aside from the obscene number of dropped passes over the last two seasons, there are drives nearly every quarter of nearly every game when you want to pull your hair out because of how poorly they are calling plays. Their best weapon is Alexander, but after having success with him, Holmgren seems to get bored and he starts calling pass after pass.

And it's not that it's bad to pass, but it is a bad idea when you have the lead to call two running plays on 1st and 2nd when they are expected - and not even creative running plays...just straight up the gut - then follow that up with a pass play on 3rd down, short of the markers of course, when it is expected. With a lead the calling gets all conservative and predictable.

Bottom Line: The Hawks can not play with a lead ~ the play calling goes all to hell.

Oh, well. They lost last year in the playoffs, and will certainly get their a$$e$ handed to them with a bow during the holidays if they make it this year.

Edited by Gak Attack

Based on the way they played today, they deserve to forfeit any right to a playoff berth AND their first round draft pick for being so crappy.

569267[/snapback]

To be talking about whether or the Hawks are playoff worthy in week 11 is preposterous. There is way too much football left to be played, and many teams get on a roll late and ride it into the playoffs every year, so let's just wait & see what happens.

The Hawks were missing their starting QB, 2nd WR, starting Rt Tackle, and still got the win against the 7th ranked Defense in the NFL, so I for one am going to enjoy the win.

Edited by Bonehand

They will probably make it, whether they deserve it or not. The AFC is much stronger than the NFC this year. If the trend continues, there will likely be at least one 10-6 AFC team missing the playoffs. In the NFC, however, there may very well be a 9-7 team getting in.

The AFC is something like 27-14 versus the NFC this season. There are only two NFC teams at 7-3 or better, while there are 7 in the AFC. My thoughts on the playoffs:

NFC division winners: Philly, Green Bay, Atlanta, and Seattle.

That leaves Minnesota and St. Louis as the two wild card teams. I have a feeling somebody else from the NFC will make a run at 8-8 or 9-7, possibly Tampa Bay. I thought Chicago might have a shot to finish .500, but they looked really bad today. So, basically, the playoffs are set unless somebody at 4-6 can step up and make a run.

AFC division winners: New England, Pittsburgh, Indy, and SD/Denver.

That leaves SD or Denver, NYJets, and Baltimore, all currently 7-3, fighting for the final two spots. If they all go .500 or better from here on out, at least one 10-6 team would be out. And, that's not even including Jacksonville at 6-4, who are definitely still in the picture.

Sorry I got a little off track, but I had a two-hour drive tonight, and was thinking about the playoff possibilities. I think Jacksonville might be in the wrong conference this year. They probably deserve a playoff spot more than Minnesota, Seattle, or St. Louis this year, simply because they are the only one of the four with a defense. :D